Part 2. Chapter 9. Avenger's move (pt.4)

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next episode)

At the appointed hour the Decepticons strike forces were ready for battle. Before departure, when everyone were already in positipn, Fallen from the bridge of his ship once again with a fiery appealed to the troops, he again reminded what they were fighting for.

Megatron stepped onto the Avenger's bridge, accompanied by Starscream and Soundwave. The latter immediately went to the navigation console. Megatron sat in the captain's chair, and Starscream, as before, took the place to his right. The commander wanted to say something as inspiring to his crew and subordinate ships, but, knowing that he was not as good as mentor, he would hardly have succeeded, Megatron simply opened the communication channel and said:

"Attention all ships, this is Avenger speaking, prepare for departure. You heard the order of our leader, so let us do everything in our power to complete our mission. Good luck to all of us, I'm counting on you."

Ships began to leave docks of the space station and rebuild into battle formations behind their flagships

Ships began to leave docks of the space station and rebuild into battle formations behind their flagships. An armada of warships followed to the point where they would jump into hyperspace.

"Well, here we go..." Starscream carefully looked at the leader, hoping to understand what emotions he was experiencing before the upcoming battle. But Megatron's faceplate didn't express anything at all.

"Yes..." he answered quietly, in a voice so unlike his own, "finally..."

Starscream shuddered involuntarily, but said nothing. He also wanted revenge, but not like this. However, the Seeker didn't give up on his words - he promised to stay with Megatron until the very end, and wouldn't abandon him. Starscream only hoped that Megatron knew what to do, and later they all wouldn't regret it.

At Harbinger's command all ships jumped to lightspeed and rushed along the hyperspace tunnel leading directly to Cybertron. The path was relatively long, but it seemed to Megatron that very little time had passed before one of the pilots announced:

"Get ready to exit the hyperspace channel. Braking in three... two... one..." A bright flash flashed, and the luminous spatial corridor abruptly gave way to the black cosmic void.

" A bright flash flashed, and the luminous spatial corridor abruptly gave way to the black cosmic void