Reality

Jungkook (POV)
We were in the car driving to the hospital Jen was admitted to. The whole ride was filled with an piercing tension words that were insisting on being shared remained silenced. Thoughts, worries and prayers for Jen wondered through our minds as we both shivered at the thought of them going in vein. I couldn't even imagine how Jimin felt, I knew he was deeply disturbed possibly in a state of surreal-ness. I myself was in a state of pure terror and panic. And I didn't even see the body...

I couldn't imagine what Jimins thinking right now, he was her closest friend. They were like siblings I just. He must hurt so much, the pain of seeing your sibling bleeding out possibly by there own hand heart rate close to non-existent would shake anyone up would make anyone scarred make anyone traumatised. So no mater how much I want to rush him with question, express my worry and my fear... my doubt. I will remain silent.

Because if he theres two hysteric people in this car, two people expressing their fear the negative tension will build and there doesn't need to be any more of that. So I have to remain stable, I have to remain strong cause the tears that keep leaking from his eyes show me that  his breaking point has to be breached. And I will not allow it to go any further I'll be our strength even if I know that it's all just made up. I'll be our fake security. But mainly I'll be his stability. I'll be his anything.

I can't bear to watch him break aprt like this, his legs won't stop shaking, arms won't stop trembling and eyes won't stop tearing up no matter how many times he rubs them. I wish I could take away his pain wish my legs would shake, that my arms would tremble, and my eyes would tear as long as it meant his didn't.

I reach over and place my hand on his thigh squeezing subtly allowly his leg to stop and a small sigh to leave his lips as he runs against his moist eyes once more.

"She's going to be fine baby. I promise"
"I really really hope she is. I can't- I couldn't live with myself if she- she."

His eyes started tearing up again, and I quickly move my hand to his cheek caressing it softly.

"I promise you Jimin, she's going to be alright. I swear." I take my eyes off the road for a second and look at him smiling softly.

Jimin's(POV)
I believe him, she's going to be alright. I nod silently to him holding his hand that rested on my cheek flashing a small smile.

"Ok."

Thirty minutes later(at the hospital)

"Hi, my names Park Jimin I'm here to see Jennifer Kennedy. Uh what room is she in?"

"Relation to the patient?"

"Best friend, practically brother?"

"Ok she's still in surgery I'll inform you when she gets out."

"Thank you."

I can't breath, I feel so sick. My hearts racing so fast I feel like it's gonna beat out of my chest. My skin crawls with a cold worry and fear and my head starts buzzing with all the possible outcomes, some louder than others...

What would happen if I lost her? What would I do? She's the only person I have left, I can't loose her. I can't. She's like my sister if I lose her... I... don't know what I'd do.

"Baby, please stop crying she'll be ok. Jen wouldn't like to see you like this..." I hear Jungkook mutter, his voice cracking part too.

"You know we used to joke about this... about what would happen if either of us were in critical condition. I used to tell her she would have to drop everything and cry day in and day out and never move on... she would tell me she would want me to do the same. Except she'd want me to do it in someone's arms. To ease the pain. I said she couldn't even have that." I laugh bitterly feeling tears burn my eyes and my vision blur.

I hear a shift and meet his eyes.

My tears pour and a warmth spread through me, a broken smile spreads across my face as I look at him as a whole.

Arms open wide, sweet smile laced on his lips and kind eyes looking ever so fondly at me. His hair was a mess shirt already soaked with my tears but something in this moment clicked, in my eyes he was more beautiful then ever. He was the epitome of perfection in that one moment.

I might've seemed desperate, I might of seemed needy to everyone's eyes in that room as I threw myself into his arms and silently cried. But his strong arms holding me tightly blocked all the embarrassment and all the stares from reaching my conscience.

I felt like I was falling, falling from the heavens a painful feeling in my chest and stomach as I plummeted down. But the sun's rays were still latching onto me, giving my body what seemed like a momentary stillness. Where reality can't sink in, where the fact I'll eventually hit the ground will never reach. I will remain stuck between reality and sweet sweet distractions.

Between my dying sister, and my teachers arms.

"Mr Park, Miss Kennedy is out."

Hey guys so this chapter is from my new account and I've decided to copy and paste the chapters down here when I finish at least five so here you are!

Kookie for mayo, nothing much I love you🥰