How He Feels

compressions

compressions.....one, two, three......

how's she holding up?

lost a lot of blood....i don't know if she'll make it.

Zion
i guess this is how she felt like waiting in the hospital for me....worrying, stressed, anxiety...

why didn't she just tell me what was going on? i would've helped her, gotten extra help...why did she go there alone? she could've died...still could die. i don't want to think about it like that, but i gotta be ready for anything.

"how's she looking?" i heard.

"lost a lot of blood.....i don't know if she'll make it."

those words definitely did not help.

"zion?" i heard my mother. i didn't face her. shaking my legs and staring at the floor blankly. this is real life.

"it's time for your medicine. for your leg."

"that's the last thing i'm worried about, a'ight?"

"zion, you need to take care of yourself also."

i sighed.

"i love thay youre doing your job as a mother, but can you please leave me alone?"

she nodded and walked away. the doctor came as soon as she left.

"is she okay?" i asked quickly getting up. i totally forgot that i didn't have a properly functioning leg. it hurt so bad not taking my time.

"take it easy, okay? she's stable. you look tired kid...go get some rest and come check on her tomorrow."

i threw my head back in frustration.

"girlfriend?" he asked.

"huh?"

"is she your girlfriend?"

"no, she's my....best friend." i hesitated.

he nodded.

"well, you and your family go get some rest. we'll keep you updated."

i sighed heavily and headed out. i was just able to get a good amount of sleep. after my accident, i haven't been sleeping right. having bad nightmares about that night is haunting. i could've died. now that blythe's in the hospital...i'm definitely not gonna get any sleep.

well, my dumbass decided to fall asleep on the way home.

"z?" i soft voice said.

"blythe?" i opened my eyes. nah, just my mom.

"awh, honey." she hugged me tightly.

"i'm scared, ma." i cried into her shoulder.

"it's okay...hey, look at me. blythe, is a fighter. she saved her own life with two crazy girls out there....she will pull through, you hear?"

i nodded.

we got out of the car.

"is she okay?!" keke asked as soon as i walked in.

"she's.....i don't know." i said completely lost for words. it was hard to control the tears.

"z?" elom said.

"she was shot in the abdomen and.....she lost a lot of blood and we don't know if she's gonna make it. gosh, you should've seen her, she was completely out of it....she looked like....she actually passed on.."

"awh, zion." all these hugs are exactly what i need.

"i'm so sorry." my brother said. i hate looking like this in front of them. it's embarrassing.

"we should...we should head to bed." i finally said breaking the hugs. i slowly went up the stairs. my leg started to hurt extra because i didn't take my medicine. i laid down on the bed and took a whiff of my blanket.

"still smells like her.." ew, why am i so weird like that? she really has me acting up.

if she leaves me, i would've never gotten to tell her that i adored her. i wouldn't never gotten to tell her that i loved her sassy attitude. she gave me so much crap, but i'm glad i didn't let that get to me and still was there for her. she's so brave for doing what she did. when i had the chance, i should've told her that i didn't like it when she called me best friend. i wanted to be more. with her. i waited so long, because i was a scared boy. and now i might not even get to tell her at all.

we made it so far. she started off hating my guts. we kissed and i knew i liked it. like who kisses someone they hate? some enemies with benefits type beat. i holding that moment we had, close. closer than ever. it might be the only time where i actually felt so many emotions at once....

___________________
y̫e̫s̫ b̫o̫r̫i̫n̫g̫ c̫h̫a̫p̫t̫e̫r̫ i̫ k̫n̫o̫w̫, b̫u̫t̫ t̫m̫r̫ y̫o̫u̫l̫l̫ g̫e̫t̫ m̫o̫r̫e̫. i̫o̫n̫ k̫n̫o̫w̫ w̫h̫y̫ y̫a̫l̫l̫ l̫i̫k̫e̫ i̫t̫ s̫m̫ i̫t̫s̫ s̫o̫ a̫s̫s̫