Last Chance

Blythe we walked into school together with smiles on our faces

Blythe
we walked into school together with smiles on our faces. he walked to me locker with me and held my backpack up. i got all my books and stuffed them in my backpack.

"ready?" he asked.
i nodded and we started walking to first period. on the way, i bumped into kyla.

"kyla..." i said.

"why haven't you been answering my text or calls?! i was worried sick!" she exclaimed.

i looked at her confused. i took out my phone and checked my messages. 37 messages and 15 miss calls from her.

"i'm so sorry. i was really busy and sick yesterday."

she looked up at zion who was leaning against the lockers.

"no, that's not it. you were busy getting it on with zion huh? you know, i never thought you could ever be so low, blythe."

"no! you've got it all wrong. zion was just helping me with my stuff, i swear. kyla, i'm not trying to make your life hard! you know everything about me and what's going on. you know how hard and tough my life is and you do this?" i yelled.

she stepped closer.

"don't you DARE make me feel guilty! i didn't do anything. even when you did me wrong, i still cared about you enough to check up on you." she said holding her phone up.

"you realize this is all over a boy right?" i asked

"it's more than that." she said and walked away.

i've never felt so confused in my life.

"hey, it's okay. she'll come around."

"this still feels like it's your fault."

"i know, bb."

we hugged and walked into class.

•after school•

when school was over, i went to find kyla to make amends. she's my best friend and i wasn't going to lose her over some boy. i walked out of the school building and looked everywhere for her. i saw her about to get in her mom's car.

"kyla!" i yelled waving my hand.

she shook her head and went into her mom's car.

"no, wait!" i said.

i tried my hardest to get to her quickly with these crutches. i started hitting the door like a maniac.

"what?" she said getting out of the car.

i took a deep breath. this could be my last chance to save our friendship.

"i just wanted to let you know, that NOTHING is going on between me and caleb. i decided not to hold onto the past and give him a chance at a friendship. the kiss.....it meant nothing to me and it was an honest mistake. i know that you like him and i would never go after my best friend's crush like that. i just want us to go back to the way we were before zion came, please." i said.

i poured my heart out.

"but he wants you, blythe."

"he doesn't. and even if he does, that's not my fault and you know it."

"zion always wanted you. since the beginning, and you're too blind to see it." she said shaking her head.

"i don't care what he wants or how he feels about me. can't you see this isn't about zion? this is about us and our friendship." i said taking her hand.

"i can't be friends with a backstabber..." she said looking down.

she went into her mom's car and before i knew it, she was gone.

Zion
i walked outside to see blythe standing there watching a car drive away.

"blythe?" i said.

she turned and gave me a look. she was about to cry.

"you okay?" i asked walking up towards her.

she shook her head and gestured me to go away.

"why did you come back?"

"what happened?"

"don't answer my question with another question." she said.

the look she gave me could kill.

"i-i wanted to come back to my home, where all my friends are." i said confused and kinda shaky.

"is that it? or did you want to ruin my life again?"

at this point i was pissed off. i have a temper and it's rly bad.

"you can't keep blaming me for everything wrong in your life! whatever is happening between you and kyla, isn't my fault." i snapped.

"she made everything about you. that you want me and like me and all that bullcrap. this is all you. why did you play with her? you didn't even like her!"

"i didn't play with anyone! i was being nice and making a friend. i had NO idea she felt that way bout me. blythe...i'm not trying to make your life hell, okay? i've been trying to help and make things better. i helped you with your leg, i helped you when you got raped! i even stayed up all night to watch you fall asleep because i was scared to leave you alone! so yeah, everything is my fault."

i didn't know what happened to me, but i couldn't take the blame for everything anymore. it wasn't fair.

"zion....." she started.

"don't. just don't. have a nice life." i said.

i didn't wait for a response. i was way too angry with her. so much for changing....

sorry for not being active. skool.
vote and comment 🥳