Accident

Zioni walked to my car and started it

Zion
i walked to my car and started it. i gripped my hands and the steering wheel and squeezed until my knuckles turned white. i smacked it and sighed heavily.

i started driving off and the car started speeding.

"what the heck?" i said confused.

i tried stopping it and it didn't work. i took me about three seconds to realize this wasn't gonna end well. either, i'm going to be seriously injured or....death.

the car zoomed and crashed into another car coming from the opposite direction. everything went dark after that....

Blythe

i wanted to run after him, but i couldn't. he left in such a hurry and drove off, but in the wrong direction? anyways, i took the long way home, instead of the usual route. i ruin everything. me and my big fat mouth. zion only wanted to help and i pushed him away AGAIN. i don't know what's wrong with me. maybe i can't take the fact, that people can change for the better.

i cant just let this happen...i need to speak with him

i thought to myself. when i arrived, i stared at his house. i sighed and walked up those stairs. his car wasn't here, so i assumed he was running late. i knocked on the door and shook my hands by my side. a friendly face answered.

"hey blythe. didn't come here with zion today?" mama kuwonu asked.

"no, not today. we got into another fight and this time, it was my fault. well, the last time was my fault too, but i wanted to make things right, right away." i said.

"i see. well, you can wait in the living room for him. coffee?" she offered.

i nodded and sat down on the couch. when she came from the kitchen, she took out her phone.

"looks like there's been an accident near y'all school. maybe he's just stuck in traffic." she said handing my the mug.

she turned on the tv, for the news.

".....a young boy, who seems to be about 16-18 years old, is one of the victims caught in the collision." the reported said.

mama kuwonu turned off the tv and quickly dialed a number.

"everything okay?" i asked worried.

"did you see zion leave school?" she asked.

"yeah, he left before i did."

whoever she was calling, didn't pick up the phone. i turned on the tv to see if there was any update on who the people were.

"one of the victims is described as, light skinned with brown dread locks and a nose piercing."

"no...." i said in disbelief.

"we're going to the hospital right now." mama said and quickly took her jacket. i quickly got up and ran to the car. she started the car.

"what if it's not him? he might be home any minute." i said trying to not believe what was happening.

"i know my son and that's who they described on that tv." she said backing up.

i couldn't take this pressure anymore. i started crying in my hands.

"hey.....even if it is him, he's going to be okay. he'll be happy to see you, no matter what has happened between the two of you."

"i should be comforting you right now. this is your son."

"it's okay, baby." she said rubbing my back.

we went to the place where the accident took place. police and ambulances were already there.

this must be serious...

i started tearing up about what could happen. when we saw the car, we knew it was zion involved in that accident. mandy started running toward the scene, but was stopped by police.

"MY SON IS IN THAT CAR!! GET HIM OUT!" she yelled with tears streaming down her face.

she was held back by the cops. i just stood there and looked at zion's car. i saw his arm sticking out of the window and covered my mouth. i cried quietly. his arm didn't move at all. i walked up to the cop.

"is he gonna be okay? please tell me he will be okay." i cried.

"we don't know yet, but the ambulance is going to pick him up, okay? so why don't you just sit over there?" he pointed to a bench.

i didn't listen though. i stood there looking as they started to pick up his body and place it on the stretcher.

mandy quickly ran passed the police and walked with the nurses.

i could see his cuts and bruises. way worse then what my dad gives me.

she gestured me to come over. i walked over and climbed into the ambulance.

i looked over at him. he looked peaceful. i started crying even more. all the crap i gave him for the longest time.....why couldn't i let go of the past and move on? i blamed everything that went wrong in my life, on him, which wasn't fair and this incident made me realize that, everything is my fault.

"i'm so so sorry, zion." i said.

i put my hand on his arm and squeezed.

this is one of the hardest things ever. someone who truly did care for me, took care of me and after all the crap i put him through, he was still there for me....

vote and comment opinions 🤧