A Step Forward

Blythemy thoughts started to fill up my mind

Blythe
my thoughts started to fill up my mind. class was a blur. i completely snapped out of it when the bell rang. i quickly started packing up my books and grabbed my crutches.

zion walked towards me with no expression on his face. i looked at him and chuckled.

"what is your problem?" he whispered.

i looked around and noticed we were the last two in the class.

"you don't have to whisper. your little girlfriend kyla isn't here to see us talking." i said in a high pitched tone, while scrunching up my face.

i rolled my eyes and started to walk out.

"what is up with you? what did i possibly do this time?" he asked getting in front of me.

i had no choice, but it stop in my tracks. he raised his eyebrows and put out his arms for an answer. he sighed and looked around. behind him i could see kyla looking at us then looking away.

"better not make your girlfriend mad." i said softly and slightly disappointed.

he looked at me confused and turned around. kyla started to walk away. he sighed throwing his arms in the air.

"she's not my girl." he said with a chuckle.

i gave him a "you sure?" stare.

"whatever." i said frustrated.

i tried to go around him, but he wouldn't let me. i sighed in frustration.

"what the heck do you want from me?" i exclaimed.

"what is this really about, huh?" he asked softly.

he got closer to my face and stared at my eyes. i didn't keep distanced and stared right back into his. at this moment, i wanted to kiss him. he started to develop a little smirk. it's like he could hear what i was thinking and thought it was funny.

"what are you and kyla now?" i asked him.

"all the questions i asked, you never answered so why do i have to answer yours?" he asked crossing his arms.

"i'm going to class." i said finally getting by him.

whatever i'm feeling for him, has to stop. he's bad news and hella annoying. kyla deserves better, but if that's what she wants....she can go for it.

After school•
it was freezing, but i had to get back home somehow. i saw zion pulling up and i started to walk faster.

"can't escape me." he said.

"go pick up kyla!" i said.

"what's your problem with me and kyla?"

"i don't have a problem." i said with a tone in my voice, clearly showing i have a problem.

"i like your friend though." he said.

my heart hurt for a moment. hearing those words bounce in my brain was awful. i cleared my throat after a slight pause. i told myself to don't let it get in your head. you don't like him and you're fine with this. it wasn't enough to change my mind.

"whatever." i said trying to walk away again.

"get in the car. we need to talk about it."

i turned and looked in his direction. i wanted to smack the heck out of him, but of course i didn't. i also didn't feel like walking with crutches for awhile. i hopped in the car and slammed the door.

"there's nothing to talk about." i told him.

"if you are not comfortable with me and kyla hanging out, i'll stop." he said with a warm smile.

my heart started to fluttered a bit

he cared about what i thought and my opinion and i knew that if i didn't tell the truth, i'll regret it forever.

"i don't like you two talking." i said squirming in my seat with my arms crossed.

"okay, now give me the reason why."

i wanted to say that i THINK i have a little tiny crush on you, but those words definitely wouldn't come out.

"i just don't want me childhood enemy and my best friend to suck each other's teeth out in front of me."

he laughed. that darn laugh made me smirk.

"are you sure that's all?" he said looking at me.

i looked back and tried to give him an answer.

"yep." i said.

he nodded and got out of the car to open my door.

"what is this? the 1970? you don't have to open my door for me you know?" i said getting out.

"nah, but i want to." he said smiling.

our faces were close and i could feel some tension. my mind was telling me to get the heck out of there before something happened, but my heart was telling me to go for it. i placed my hand and his face as he placed his hands on my waist. i decided to listen to my heart and went for it.

I.KISSED.ZION.KUWONU.

zion, the guy i hates for almost all my life was my first kiss. i slowly pulled my head away and looked into his eyes.

"that was...." he started, but never finished.

i looked to my left and saw kyla standing there.....watching the whole thing...

___________________
___________

comment and vote