The Dinner

Night Time•
i looked at the time and decided it was time to get ready. i wore a cute black dress and some jewelry. i put my hair down and tucked it behind my ears. my dad busted through the door with a beer in his hand.

"the hell are you going?" he asked drunk. he took a sip of his beer.

"you're not suppose to be home at this time. what are you doing here?" i asked panicking. just then he threw a beer bootle at me. he missed by an inch.

"who the hell asks the questions around here?" he asked calmly, but still scary as hell. he walked towards me slowly as i backed up.

"i'm sorry. i promise it won't happen again. zion's family is back and they invited me to dinner." i said as my voice shake. he gave me a look that i could've read. he took a piece of the beer bootle glass and took my arm.

"you always say sorry, but your actions speak louder than your words." he slowly cut my skin as i cried in pain. "you will learn to obey me and respect me, got it?" i nodded quickly. he let go of my arm and walked out of the room. i took my phone and looked at the time.

"10 more mins." i said to myself. this is something i am used to, so i had no problem of getting a bandage and walking out of the house. for some reason, i really wanted to go to this dinner. i went into the bathroom and quickly looked for a bandage, but couldn't find any. the wound wasn't bleeding as much so, i knew i could stop it. literally what the hell is wrong with me? i should just cancel. why do i NOT wanna cancel?
5mins later•

i slowly walked down the stairs to see my dad passed out on the floor. i opened the door and quickly walked down the stairs. i walked across the street and tried to act as calm as possible. i knocked one the door and waited.

[Zion]
i walked down the stairs and opened the door. "hey." i said to blythe. she looked cute with her black dress, but i could tell she was crying. "hey." she said weakly. "are you okay?" i asked. she nodded and smiled. i shrugged my shoulders. i guess i'm just overreacting. she walked in and greeted my mother and siblings.

[Blythe]
i hugged mandy tightly. i missed this woman. she was always so sweet to me. "hey blythe, it's been awhile. how've you been?" she asked witj a smile. i wanted to tell her that i was lost and hurt, but i knew the words wouldn't come out. "i'm great. you?" i said. "i'm amazing. how's your parents?" i felt my face fall. "they're good. sorry they couldn't make it tonight." "no no, i totally get it. parents are busy busy people." i nodded. "what up, girl?" "hey keke." i hugged her. "have a seat." she said. i sat down as zion sat across from me. elom was quiet of course. never really had a relationship with that boy.

1 hour later•
everything went perfectly. laughs and smiles all around the table....it felt like old times. i looked over at zion as he looked back. his eyes went down and his face changed, i looked down and saw that he was looking at my arm. i quickly put my arm on my lap and cleared my throat. "excuse me, where's your bathroom?" i asked. "down the hall to your right." elom said. i smiled and thanked him. when i arrived at the bathroom i looked at myself in the mirror. "knew i shouldn't have came here." i mumbled. i washed my face and looked at my cut. "how am i gonna-" i was cut off by the knock on the door. "you okay?" i heard mandy ask. "uh, yeah! i'll be out in a sec." i walked out with a fake smile on my face, but i could tell there was concern on their faces. "what's wrong?" i asked. "are you okay?" elom asked. i nodded in confusion. i looked at zion and he looked at my arm. i had a feeling he said something. i quickly shut down the conversation. "it's getting late. thank you for tonight. i'll see you tomorrow, zion." he nodded and forced a smile. i quickly worked out when i heard him call my name. "hey! stop." he yelled. "the hell do you want, asshole?" "asshole? how the hell am i an asshole?" "what did you say to them?" he took a deep breath. "i saw a cut on your arm and i got scared. that's not a regular cut, blythe." "i accidentally hurt myself, so what? don't jump into conclusions." "sorry for caring." he said annoyed. i rolled my eyes. "whatever. see you tomorrow." i said walking away. it made my heart flatter when he showed he cared. why am i such an ass?

honestly, don't like this part but whatever