Losing Two

Blythei turned to see kyla

Blythe
i turned to see kyla......watching the whole thing. zion sighed as he saw her starting to walk away.

"a mistake." i said finishing his sentence.

i ran after kyla, screaming her name like a maniac.

"kyla slow down!" i said.

she immediately stopped in her tracks, but didn't turn around. i started breathing heavily as i put both of my hands on my thighs.

"you told me there was nothing there." she said in a shaky voice, but still didn't face me.

i stood up straight still catching my breath.

"there isn't...i swear, we were just caught up in the moment-" i tried to explain, but i was cut off.

"LIAR!" she yelled finally facing me.

i jumped at her tone of voice and looked at her in disbelief. tears started forming in my eyes.

i'm not going to lose my best friend over some boy

"kyla....i would never try to her you on purpose." i said trying to get close.

i looked at her and started to get closer, but she backed away slowly.

"kyla, you see what this is doing to us? some boy is getting in between us!" i yelled.

she closed her eyes. she looked at me with anger and sadness in her eyes. i sighed and looked back.

"this is the same guy, who you told me that you hated, who you didn't like me talking to. all because you wanted him to yourself?" she asked losing her voice.

"look, i know it looks bad, but i swear there's nothing."

"look me in the eyes and tell me you don't have feelings for him." she said.

i couldn't say that or even look at her because i knew i did feel something for zion. something that i never thought i would feel for him.

"you're a good friend, kyla. you deserve the truth, so i'm not gonna lie to you. yes, i developed some feelings for zion, but i've been trying to steer clear from them. you are my best friend and i wanted you to be happy, even if it's with my enemy."

"doesn't look like an enemy now. what are you guys? enemies with benefits?" she chuckled.

"no, we are nothing. i promise."

"nah, we're done. hope you have a nice time with zion." she said walking away.

"oh, come on, kyla!" i said almost losing myself.

she stopped and turned again.

"i never want to see you again, you've lied way too much." and just like that she was gone.

my attempt to change her mind and get her back was pointless. i was shocked at the event that just happened. i slowly started walking in zion's direction. he stood there shocked and looked upset. i completely lost myself and cried in his arms.

"it's okay..." he kept saying softly.

i was getting his shirt wet, but he didn't seem to care. it feel good to have some comfort during a rough time.

"i'm......a horrible....friend." i said stuttering on my words.

he slightly shock his head in disagreement.

"you're an amazing friend. don't let this one incident get to you too much. come on, let's go inside." he said trying to take my arm, but i refused.

"no....i want you to go." i said.

he looked me confused with his arms opened.

"why?" he asked.

"because all of this is your fault." i said as calm as i possibly can.

"i didn't do shit!" he exclaimed.

"yes you did! you existed, zion and then you caused problems! it's because of YOU my friendship is ruined, it's because of YOU i won't get kyla back, it's because YOU i feel this way! YOU YOU YOU!" i yelled crying like crazy.

"you know damn well it's not my fault that you feel that way towards me! i didn't even know kyla liked me like that! i was completely oblivious of all of this, you know. if i would've known, i would've been more careful!" he exclaimed back.

"why did you come back? you're doing the exact same crap when we were kids! messing up my life! screwing it all up! that's all your good at."

"i tried to make things better and be nice to you! i didn't know any of this was happening! come on the hell on! this isn't fair."

"nothing is fair, idiot. no wonder your dad left you. you caused problems from the beginning." i said and a part of me instantly regretted it.

his face fell and he looked so lost. i know he probably forgotten that his dad left and i brought back all the memories. i cant believe what i just said.

"all right. i'll leave you alone from now on." he said choking on his words.

he looked like he wanted to smack the crap out of me. i've never seen him so mad before, but i caused it. when i saw that he was out of sight in his house, i broke down then and there. everything was falling apart and my life was a complete mess.

i now lost kyla and zion...

_________________
comment and vote 🗳