Alone- Ethan Nestor

(Set in school)

I'm always alone. Always concealed in the darkness even when I'm in full light. I'm always silent, barely speaking a word even when I need help and all I  need to do is speak to someone. It's not my fault I'm so silent, no one wants to talk to me. No one wants to set me free from my dark cage holding me in. No one has tried to talk to me no one has tried to be my friend no one has tried to make me happy. No one tried to help me. That's where that changes...
~~~~~~

I wake up groggily, dreading the day of school that is today. I slowly slinked out of bed and to my closet where I put on my black shirt and jeans. I threw my hair up knowing no one would care and I definitely don't. I grabbed my converse and walked out the door with my bag slung over my shoulder. I catch the bus barely making it, the dont notice me. I got off the bus and walked to the front door only to be met with the reflection of me from the glass door closing. I sigh and pull it open walking to class late. I'm tardy, they don't notice, im missing homework, no one notices, I'm sad, no one notices. I walk to fifth hour which was gym, I can easily sneak away and be alone for the hour. I walk upstairs and sit on the balcony and watch as everyone runs around screaming in joy. I never enjoyed people screaming when they were happy. I shook my head and looked back down at my book. It was interesting, it was a romance novel filled with people who struggled and people who were saved. I wish I could be saved. The door opened and I thought it was the janitor I looked up and saw it was a boy with outgrown blue hair and acne on his face. "Hey, What are you doing up here?" He asked.
"Umm, well I-" I wasn't used to being talked to by people.
"Let me guess, you're alone a lot? You're the loner? The depressed one?"
"Y-you could say that." I shrug.
"Well, I'll sit with you then." He grunted as he sat down in a chair best to me.
"Why?" I scoffed.
"Because no one should be alone, no one deserves to be alone, especially a beautiful girl like you."
I blushed and smiled. Why was I feeling like This? This isn't normal. No one talks to me. I got concerned and confused.
"Don't call me beautiful!" I growled. I went back to my book and payed no attention to him.
"Why not? Do you prefer pretty?"
"No!"
"How about cute?"
"Just don't talk to me okay?! I never asked for you to talk to me! Just stop!" I was aggravated now.
"I just tried to help." He said quietly.  I thought looking just past my book and to the floor. I just tried to help. I just tried to help. I just tried to help.
Without thinking I dropped my book and looked at him. "Why though?"
"Because you need a friend."
I didn't do anything. He moved and sat closer to me. He then hugged me. He had strong arms. He grasped me tight. I felt weird inside. I felt warm. He just hugged me. I hugged back. He pulled away moments later unsure of how comfortable I was from him hugging me, but I pulled him back in Cause I enjoyed it. I buried my head deeper into his neck and he laughed. "I don't know this feeling. But I know it's good." I say. "It is good it's the feeling of being loved."
"You love me?"
"Of course, I watch you everyday, I see how beautiful you are and how amazingly quiet you are and when you are trying to figure out something you bite your lip and you seem to know everything."
He notices me.
"I also notice how you seem to wear the same outfit on certain days, like Monday's you wear that blue and white shirt, Tuesday you were a purple and gold shirt, Wednesday you wear a jersey, Thursday you always wear a sweatshirt with leggings and your hair in a ponytail and on Friday you wear any black shirt and your hair up."
"Wow you know a lot about me."
"I don't know a lot about you, I just notice what others don't."
I couldn't think of anything else to say except for
"Thank you."
He smiled at me and said "it's only what someone who matters would do." I hugged him again, not wanting to let go. He tried to talk to me, he tried to be my friend, he tried to make me happy, he tried. I am no longer silent anymore because now, I have a reason to talk.