Aurora

08/17/19

• Angelica's POV •

Aurora.
The first appearance of light in the sky before sunrise. Or in a way everyone understands, the dawn.

A thud from my window awoken me from my sleep. Opening my eyes ever so slightly I looked at the time to see it was only 5:23 in the morning.

"Pisteng mga ibon na yan...Ang aga aga pa nagising tuloy ako."

Just then, another thud yet much louder than the last one was heard in my room.

"Ano ba yung tunog na yon?"

Getting annoyed at the constant thuds I keep hearing, I went towards my window to open it only to stop from doing so and gaze upon the man outside our house who was holding a couple more rocks to throw at my direction. When the man saw me, he smiled at me and mouthed that I come down from my room.

Blinking away the surprise I felt, I quickly looked for my sandals and made use of a gray cardigan that was lying around the floor and made a hurried yet quiet run downstairs.

Making sure my parents were still sound asleep, the front door creaked a little as I stepped outside.

"Luke?"

He looked at me with his arms across his chest and grinned.

"Tagal mo naman bumangon, Sleeping Beauty."

I chuckled at his silly joke and rolled my eyes.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito ng ganito kaaga? Akala ko ba mamaya ka pang hapon bibisita?"

After he set the rocks he hadn't thrown at my window back where they belong, he cleaned his hands and then proceeded to pinch both of my cheeks.

"A-aray tangaa masaakitt!"

"Ang dami mong tanong, love. Sundan mo ako may ipapakita ako sayo."

"Baliw ka ba love? Anong oras palang kapag nalaman nila na wala ako sa bahay sabay andito ka ng ganito baka hindi na nila ta-"

"Just trust me. Mabilis lang toh."

Lucas waited for my answer as I just enjoyed the warmth his hands brought to my face. I sucked in a breath and closed my eyes.

"Okay. I trust you."

🌆🌇🌄🌅

It took us atleast a few minutes to actually be in the place Lucas wanted to bring me. It was one of our 'hang-out' areas where we mostly just do picnics and chill.

When we want to listen to every little and major things that happened with the time we weren't together instead of going around places and sightsee, we go here.

This place is located somewhere quiet because not many people go here. It's a bit far from town houses since this place is near the forest already. I'm glad our house is nearby, that's why from time to time Lucas and I spend our time here.

"Eh dito naman tayo pupunta mamayang hapon ah? Bakit kailangan pumunta ng ganito kaaga?"

Without looking at me, he kept walking foward and smiled a bit.

"You'll see."

Lucas set up a spare blanlet we hid in this place that we could use to sit in so our bottoms wouldn't get dirty. As I sat I saw him look at his watch and did the same.

"Mag-aalasais na. 7 gigising si mama para maghanda almusal."

He hummed at what I said and fixed up the cardigan that I wore for me not to feel cold. But his actions grew futile when the wind blew harshly and made me shiver.

"Sorry dapat pala pinagpalit muna kita damit. Di ko naisip na malalamigan ka."

"Okay lang love. Yakap mo na lang ako. Bigyan mo ako ng body heat mo hehehe."

"Loko haha."

Even though he said that as if disregarding what I said, what he did  next was the opposite. He adjusted his position so that he was behind me and sat me on his lap then engulfed me in a tight hug. Lucas had also put his chin on my right shoulder as he held my hands in his and blew on it with his breathe.

Satisfied with the sudden warmth he had brought to me, I instinctively laughed and squirmed a little because of being ticklish. That made him groan and hid it with a cough that made me laugh harder.

"Wag kang malikot masyado teh baka gusto mong huwag makauwi agad sa inyo."

"Hoy bad yan."

"Nauna ka."

"Ano na gagawin natin dito Luke? May hinihintay ba tayo?"

"Yup. Tignan mo, dumating na siya."

I looked to my left and my right and even at the back to see no sign of anyone coming to us.

"Dumating na sino?"

I felt him remove his one hand from mine and used it to point forward at something.

"Ayun oh."

I followed his finger to only gasp and be astounded at what I was seeing right now. The darkness of the sky was slowly being changed into yellow-ish orange and green-ish colors as I bask at the glow it gives the two of us in that moment.

"Ang ganda..."

Waiting for the sunrise, I can see in my peripheral vision that Lucas' eyes were on me. So after seeing the sun getting bigger and bigger by the minute I turned to him. He had this faint smile plastered on his face as he quietly gazes at me.

"Ayaw mong panuorin yung sunrise? It's not everyday we could watch it together."

He shook his head and replied,

"I'd rather look at you watch it because you don't know how breath-taking you are when you do that."

A blush crept to my cheeks as I tried my best to bit my lower lip so I wouldn't smile widely and avoided his goddamn attractive eyes.

"Thank you. For this."

He snickered at that and ruffled my hair not enough to ruin it.

"I'd do anything makita lang na masaya ka."

"Basta lahat ng gagawin mo para sakin, ikakasaya ko yun love. Maliit na bagay man or malaki."

The last thing I remember from that short yet endearing memorable trip of ours is that he kissed my right cheek and said that he'd love me until there is no longer a sun that'll rise and there's no longer a new day that the people look forward to in this world of ours.

And that's the most sweetest thing someone could ever say to me.