The Perfect Night

05/11/19

[ Timothy's POV ]

For what seemed like an eternity, I have found myself throwing rocks into the lake and yelled out curses profoundly to the place I discovered hours ago by accident.

I had finally gotten away from my job as an architect for the day and I couldn't be any happier. There'll be times i'm having fun designing buildings,schools and such but I just can't help feeling anxious and stressed lately because of it.

Especially now that i'm stuck with a client that's acting like a spoiled kid. Like dude what the hell are you doing with your life?

"Stupid day!"

Fortunately upon driving on roads with no actual intent on where I will go, I stumbled upon a forest a few miles away from town. Of course I knew there was a forest near where I lived but what I didn't know though is that at the end of the said forest was a cliff and below it was a lake.

And now we're here.

Shouting at the world at night despite being happy most of the time with my life. Did I mention a black haired girl wearing a grey over-sized shirt and highwaist pants throwed a rock at me? No? Well I'm telling you now.

"What was that for!?"

Glaring as I asked her while scratching my now aching head. She doesn't seem to mind the fact that i'm a stranger and i'm a man as she walks towards me and examines my face.

"You're going to attract a lot of wild creatures, you know."

The girl smirks at me as she watches how I realize that she's right. Now that she's close I can see her features fully. With slitted eyes, pointed nose and delicate pinkish lips. I wonder what made her come all this way to a place like this all alone.

Trying not to be embarassed at my foolishness I retort back.

"It's not like I haven't attracted one now."

I saw her eye twitch for a moment and I had to held back a snicker for that. I don't really care if you're a girl, you interrupted my stress relieving screams to the universe.

She rolled her eyes, the smile still on her lips as she lightly punched me on the shoulder which caused my eyes to widen a bit at her actions.

"Touché."

A freaking stranger just insulted her! Is this girl seriously messing with me by agreeing with my insult? She does know that I can kidnap her if I wanted to, right? For the nth time tonight she surprised me by answering the questions lingering in my mind.

"Relax mister. If you think i'm messing with you, I just wanted you to ease up a little. Besides I don't think you're the kidnapping type of guy."

I just stared at her dumbfounded. Not really sinking to me the situation I am in right now. Instead of talking to her I looked back at the lake and sat at the cliff with my feet hovering just a few feet away from the lake.

"A weird client and now a weird stranger. Totally not a weird day..."

I felt her footsteps coming near me again so I moved a bit to give her space to sit, and she did. Not that I care if she didn't. But I did. Shut up mind.

"So mister what made you so grumpy tonight?"

"Can you not call me that?"

She feigned innocence as she looks at me smugly.

"Call you what, mister?"

Groaning I instinctively put my hands to hide my face as I tell her,

"That! You don't have to remind me that i'm twenty t-just! It makes me feel even shittier..."