Birthday Special II

07/24/19

Wednesday 10:30 AM.

I got out of bed to wash my face and teeth. Nagpalit na rin ako ng pangtulog kong damit into a much decent one at pumunta sa kusina para maghanda na ng kakainin.

When I opened the fridge, I grumbled a bit at the sight of the only foods that were available at the moment. 3 eggs, a tomato and an onion.

"Okay na toh, at least may makakain. Aarte pa ba."

I started breaking the shells of each egg to pour it in one big bowl. I then sliced the tomato and onion to mix it with the eggs later.

Nauhaw ako kaya itinabi ko muna ang ginagawa ko para kumuha ng baso at uminom ng gatas. Milk's good for the body, don't judge me.

I almost screamed at the top of my lungs when someone's hands wrapped themselves around my waist ng maalala ko kung sino ang kasama ko sa bahay ngayon.

"Goodmorning bayot."

I smiled and chuckled as I put down the glass that I was holding to look back at the person who was hugging me from behind. I caressed her hair and kissed her forehead lovingly that made her let out the most endearing laugh I could ever hear in my life.

"Morning mahal. Sorry di pa tapos yung breakfast."

"Perfect timing lang. I could watch you do it."

Kissing her one more time, Angelica then let go of me and sat at the nearest chair she could find to watch me cook breakfast for the two of us.

"Itlog lang toh with kamatis and sibuyas, mahal."

"Okay lang Luke. Itlog mo naman ya-I mean aNO mALi BWISET HAHAHAHHAHAA!"

Cracking up over what she said, I had to take deep breaths to calm myself down.

"Letsee umagang umaga ang green minded mo masyado Lukee."

"Ang aga aga kung ano ano sinasabi mo, mahal."

Angelica made weird noises that confused the hell out of me.

"Bilisaaan mo namaaan, love. Gutomm na akooo."

"Ikaw magluto, gusto mo."

"Letsee kaaa."

"I letsee you too! mwah!"

"Yuck aga aga naghaharutan kayo! Balik nga kayo don sa kwarto nyo!"

Baffled at a new yet familiar voice I heard I saw three figures looking at Ange and I with smiles on both their faces.

"Tang*na anong ginagawa nyo dito?"

"Surprise bayot! Happy birthday halelujah sana magbagong buhay ka na!"

"Bwiset ka Beng! HAHAHAHAH sabi ko mamaya na kayo pumasok eh!"

"Wait lang, bakit sila nandito Angelica?"

The four of them suddenly looked at me quiet ridiculed at my statement which made me more confused.

"Hindi alam ni Luke, birthday nya ngayonnn!"

Alys loudly said and laughed together with Beng and Kiyo. Meanwhile the love of my life, Angelica walked towards me and stared while trying her best not to snort.

"Seryoso ka mahal? Di mo talaga alam?"

"Ano bang date ngayon?"

I questioned as I take out my cellphone from the pants of my pocket to see my calendar.

"Oh sh*t birthday ko nga ngayon.."

"HAHAHHAHAHAHA potang*naa di nya alaaam guys!"

Muffled voices can then be heard from outside that made my eyes larger.

"Please lang, huwag nyong sabihin meron pang mga panget na nasa labas..."

"Woy sabi ni Lucas ampapanget nyo daw!"

Angelica decided to finish cooking our breakfast then urged me to follow Beng and Alys to look outside the door.

Bago ko mabuksan ang pintuan, pinasuot ako ni Kiyo ng birthday hat na merong word na 'Bayot' na nakasulat sa gitna.

Opening the door, I was greeted by at least 15 people or more that had balloons, gifts or birthday hats with them.

"Happy Birthday sa Main Bayot ng MH! We love you very much sister!"

Smiling, I thanked every one and made sure that they felt the appreciation and care I have for them.

There were a lot of people who said I couldn't be happy.

At this moment, looking at everyone. Looking at my best friends and my girlfriend, I could proudly say that I couldn't be anymore happier than this.