Unexpected Last Day

As the family toured around, Italy Emma and Allison were getting closer to their Mom as much as possible by building their relationship slowly. On their last day in Italy, Emma and Allison went to the convent, they did not see their Mom, usually, she was outside waiting for them to pick her up. "Emma, we told her 10:00 am? Right?"

"Yes, we did, Allison. I wonder where she is?"

"Let's go find her, swan." Killian parked the car, Emma and Allison went in ahead as their husband carried the babies in. Emma and Allison went into the convent and went to their mother's room. Emma and Allision entered the room seeing their Mom lying on her bed with her wrist sliced. The two sisters rushed to their Mom to help her, Allison wrapped her Mom's wrist with blankets, "Emma add pressure on her wrist. Hold onto her arms." Emma was in shock but did as her sister was told. Killian stood by the door and covered Hope's eyes. "Killian, call an ambulance."

"On it Allison." He took Hope away and stopped Ted from entering the room. "Mom cut her wrists." Killian calls an ambulance.

"Killian, I will take the babies to the car. Allison and Emma need your help." Killian rushes in seeing Allison checking up on their Mom while Emma doing her best to stop the blood from flowing. Killian helped Emma. "Emma, I am right here. She is going to be alright."

Emma was crying. "Where...is...Hope?"

"With Ted love. She did not see anything." EMT's came into the room quickly.

"Her pulse is very low, and she is losing a lot of blood." The EMT's put Mary Margaret in a stretcher and lead her out of the convent into an ambulance. "Emma, I will go with her in the ambulance."

"Allison, I am going with you."

"Emma, Ted and I will follow the ambulance. We will be alright behind you loves." Emma kisses her husband on the cheek and joined her Mom and sister in the ambulance. Emma and Allison held hands as they were watching the EMT's working on their Mom. Ted had the babies in their car seats and Killian joined him as they follow the ambulance. When they reached the hospital, Mary Margaret was put into the operating room. Allison and Emma hugged each other. "She is going to be okay, Emma." Killian carried Hope inside.

"Killian." She rushes to him. Killian hugged his wife.

"Emma, I am right here. You are not alone." Emma holds him tight.

"Mommy." Hope pats her head."Hopey."

Allison sees Ted and Connor and rushes to him. "Ted."

"I saw you being a super doctor. You helped your Mom, Allison." Allison hugs her husband.

"Yes, I sprung into action. I hate being on the opposite side when I am the patient is my family and I am not the doctor." Ted kisses her on the head. "Connor." She takes her son from her husband and holds him really close. "Mama loves you so much, Connor." She gave him a lot of kisses on his head.

"Mama."

As they waited, Emma was getting more luckily Hope was a good distraction. "Mommy." Hope tugs her hair. "You want me to teach you how I braid my hair?" Hope babbles. Emma smiles. "You can help me." As Emma taught Hope how to do her braid, she let Hope help her. Hope babbles. "Yes, you are helping me with my braid, baby girl." Killian took pictures. "Of course, I will do your braids when your hair is longer." Hope hugs her Mommy. "You give the best hugs, baby girl."

"Hope, you helped Mommy with her braid little love?" Hope babbles.

Connor wanted to move around. "Emma, these two need to move around not on the dirty floor." Killian laid out a blanket on the floor and set up toys for the babies to play with. Connor crawled around as Hope did tummy time. The two cousins were babbling away. Emma knew Allison was worried and held her sister's hand. "Allison, our Mom is going to be okay."