Divorce

Emma was running in the woods of Vermont wearing leggings, gray hoodie and her hair tied up into a high ponytail. She was on her morning run which she has not done since before was pregnant with Hope. When she returns to the rented cabin she finds her husband cooking breakfast in the kitchen. "Morning, Emma. How was your run?"

"It was great." They kiss. "Hope is still sleeping?"

"Yes, she is. Henry is still fast asleep in his room."

"I will take a shower before they wake up."

"I was thinking we can go on a hike today? We have Hope's carrier that we can take turns carrying her on our hike."

"A family hike is a great idea." Emma kisses Killian on the cheek and goes upstairs to take a shower.

Killian makes breakfast for his family and a hot pot of coffee for himself and his swan. She hugs her husband. "We needed this little getaway."

"Aye, yes we did." She takes a sip of her hydro flask of water. "I know you are stressed about your sister's divorce."

"By the time we get back, Allison will be in family court fighting for custody of Connor. I will be there with her."

"We are going to help your sister, love." He hugs his wife. "She is not going to do this alone."

"She has me."

The family went on a hike, Emma had Hope in a backpack carrier. Killian and Henry walked together. When he was tired, Killian carried Henry on his back whenever the little lad got tired. Emma and Killian was enjoying the fresh mountain air with their children.

A few days later, David and Mary-Margaret were at the Swan-Jones' house watching their grandchildren. Killian built a slide and swingset in the backyard. Henry was playing on the swingset as Connor and Hope were playing in the sprinkler. Killian was at work. Emma was pacing the hallway of court. She gets a phone call from her husband. "Hi, honey."

"Hello, love. How is court?"

"I am waiting for Allison. She is in family court with her lawyer, the judge, Ted, and his lawyer."

"Allison is going to get full custody of our nephew. Love."

"I know, she is the one raising him by herself since the beginning."

"He made it clear to her that he doe snot want to be a father."

"She also has us nearby, and our parents to help. How was your flight?"

"It was good, love. I am just on my break."

"I have a feeling our kids and nephew are keeping my parents very busy at home. I still cannot believe they are here."

'They are really here, love. Your parents are in your life, your sister's and our children lives. It is all because of you and Allison wanting to find them."

"I always wanted to find my parents. After having Hope, made me want to find them more. Finding out Allison was my long-lost sister was the extra push to search for them." They continue to talk.

Allison was in family court fighting for full custody of Connor, in a room. She faces her ex-husband and the judge. "Connor is with me full time. I have my parents and my sister and her daily support. I am a pediatrician and an emergency room doctor. I am also an immunologist. Connor comes to work with me. He is in daycare at the hospital I work in. I visit him when I have a break. He is always with me. If not with my sister, and her family. Ted was the one who did not want to be a father anymore. He was cheating on me with his secretary. I found them in my bed together." She gave an angry look at her husband, soon-to-be ex-husband.