The Truth

Allison and Ted find Emma and Killian in the patio in happy bliss, Killian teaching Hope how to clap her hands.
"Yes, yay for Hope." Killian clapped Hope's hands. Emma kisses Hope on the cheek.
Allison joins them. "What is going on here?"
"Hope, tell Auntie Allison."
"Mommy."
Allison smiled so big as she took Hope from her sister."Hope! Your first word!" She lifts Hope up and down. "Auntie Allison is proud of you." Hope babbles. Ted carries Connor.
"Connor, your little cousin is starting to talk."
"Aye, mate. I have a feeling our babies will be talking a lot very soon."
"I can imagine that already." Connor babbles.
"Mommy."
Emma takes Hope from her sister. She loves hearing her daughter calling her by her name. "Mommy is right here, baby girl." She hugs Hope and kisses her on the head.
"Emma, you are going to meet our birth mother?"
"What?"
"You and I are going to meet our birthmother together."
"We are...How?"
"Killian and I yelled at the nun telling us no, we worked together."
"As soon as you left, I was furious at the nun and told her about your past. You have the right to know the truth."
"We both backed you up, Emma. We are going to meet our Mom together." Emma was in tears, she hugs Killian and Allison.
"Killian, I am going to meet my Mom."
"I told you, love. You are going to meet your Mom." Hope babbles. "Yes, little love. Your Mommy is going to meet her Mommy today."
"Mommy."
"Yes, Mommy. I love you so much, baby girl. My little duckling." She hugs her daughter. "You and Daddy are going to be with me when I meet my Mommy." She was scared, Killian knew Emma was bloody hell scared for what she was going to find out after she was rejected by her mother again a moment ago. He wrapped his arms around his wife, "Emma, if you are not up for this, we can leave. It is up to you, swan. I am on your side for whatever you chose." Emma cannot think straight. She looked up at her husband in his ocean blue eyes. "Can you search on the phone to find the nearest beach? I cannot be here now."
"Love, I can do that." He knew his wife, looking at the ocean relaxes at like it helps him, which he learned when they were dating. He found the beach, "Love, it is not too far from here. We are going to walk South from here." Allison and Ted were confused. Killian went to his inlaws, "We will be back. She needs to think."
"Killian, we will wait for all three of you here. I understand she just got rejected...I saw the look on her face. You know my sister more than me.."
"I will bring your sister back here. I know she needs a break from here. We will be back." Killian leads his wife and daughter to the ocean. Hope babbles. "We are at the ocean little love." Hope began to cry.
"Little love, do you want to put your feet in the ocean?"
"Hope wants to touch the ocean. Just for a little bit." Emma takes her out of the carrier and took socks and shoes off. Killian sits on the sand watching Killian helped Hope stand as the waves were crashing on them, Hope was screaming with joy, Killian was smiling making his little love happy. Emma takes pictures of her little family enjoying the ocean. Killian gets a phone call from his sister-in-law. "Swan, Allison is calling me."
Emma takes Hope from her husband, "I am not ready..."
"I know, love." Emma kneels down to Hope and helps her stand up as they were getting wet. "Hi, Allison."
"Hi, Killian. How is my sister?"
"She is still the same. We just got to the beach. She is not ready, your birth mom rejected her. She is hurt."
"Killian...Do you think Emma would mind me meeting her first?"
"Let me ask her... Emma.'
"Yes?"
"Allison wants to meet your birth mom." Emma gets Killian's iPhone, as Killian holds Hope.
"Allison, you can meet her...I cannot..."
"Emma, I want you to meet her too."
Emma smiles. "I know...I am sorry for not meeting her together. We were supposed to meet her together. After her rejecting me and Killian and you are fighting for me..."
"Emma, I am not mad at you, I am mad at her for rejecting you again. I will get the bottom of this. How is the beach?"
Emma smiles at Killian and Hope. "Hope is loving the ocean."
"I will text you both when we are done."
"We will meet you back at the car. Good luck."
"Thanks, Emma. I want you here with me, little sis."
"I know, big sis. I will see you soon." Killian takes Hopeotu of the ocean. Emma dried Hope off.
Killian takes a blanket and lays it on the sand and cuddles with his two loves, knowing Emma needed to relax. Hope and Killian were playing with the sand, which Emma loved her family enjoying the beach beside the sound of the ocean. "Mommy." Emma smiles.
"Yes, Hope. I see you are playing in the sand with Dada." She reaches out to her Mommy, Emma takes Hope. "You are covered with sand." She gave Hope kisses on her cheek. "Killian, she loves the sand."
"Aye, she loves the beach like her Mommy." She hugs her daughter as Killian wrapped his arm around his wife. "Killian?"
"Yes, love?"
"I do not get it...she wanted to meet me but..." She sighs. "I just got rejected by her again...how can she change her mind? After all the planning?"
"I do not know, love. Maybe she got afraid of admitting to you what happened? You are not alone, love. Hope and I are right here." He hugs his wife. Hope began to cry.
"Baby, I know you are hungry." Emma nurses Hope, and made sure she stays warm. "You are a good eater, Hope." She rubs Hope's head.
"Love, are you hungry?"
"Yes, I am."
"I packed lunch in my backpack." He takes out lunch for his wife and himself, sandwiches and water. "Thank you."
"You are very welcome, love. I know we will need to eat today."
"This is nice. We are having our first family picnic at the beach."
"Aye, yes we are love. We can do this in summer, love. Family picnics at the beach."
"Emma smiles, "I love that idea. Allison, you, Ted and I and the babies at Riis Park."
"That will be perfect, love."
"Hopey, we are having a family picnic." Hope spits up. Emma cleans up spit up with her bib. "You are all clean." She burps Hope who falls asleep on her Mommy. "Hopey, you can rest on me. You are still jet-lagged. We love you so much." Killian hugs his two loves. Emma was enjoying the calm of the ocean and with her family. "I had a feeling Hope will love the ocean, like her Mommy."
Emma smiles. "I knew she loved the ocean, every time we were on the beach and in the ocean when she was my belly she would move around a lot. Now she is napping on the beach with us on her first family vacation"
"Aye, she is a lot like her Mommy. The ocean calms down you and her."
"Yes, you always brought me to the ocean to calm down. Now we are doing that with our daughter." They snuggled on the beach, Killian smiles finally cheered Emma up.
"Hope is in Italy with us, we get to see all of Italy together."
"Aye, that is right, love. I think the next Swan-Jones family adventure is going to London, England."
Emma was in awe. "Killian, the last time I was in Londo was when I told you I was pregnant with her...Hope needs to know where her Mommy told her Daddy that he was going to be a daddy."
"Aye, it was the best news becoming a daddy to our little lass with my beautiful wife. Our little family." He kisses Hope on the head. "Hope has changed our lives forever."
"Yes, she changed ou lives for the better, I get to find my long lost sister because of Hope now we are in Italy...I love our family... I love being Hope's mom...I just do not get my own mom..." She hugs her daughter. "Mommy and Daddy will never leave you. You will always have us."
"Love, she will always have us. She is very lucky to have you as her brilliant Mommy."
"She has you her kind-hearted caring Daddy. You are my true love."
"You are my true love." They kiss and enjoying their family snuggle.
Allison gets off the phone with her sister, Ted was holding Connor. "Allison, he pooped through his clothes."
"Connor." She holds her son. "Mommy will clean you up and into a new outfit after we are going to meet someone new, my birth mommy."
"Allison..."
"Emma is not ready."
A nun guides Allison to the closest bathroom. Allison changes Connor into a new outfit. "Mama." Allison hugs her son and kisses him on the head.
"Mommy is sad because she wants Auntie Emma and Hope to be here when we meet our Mommy. Mommy is worried about what I find out when I meet her." Connor babbles."You are going to be with me and Daddy. After we meet her, we will tell Auntie Emma. So she can meet our Mommy. Auntie Emma did not have a life I had." Ted hugs his wife knowing she was upset.
"Emma will meet her when she is ready."
"I know if it was not for her, I would not be on this journey right now." Connor fusses.
The nun returns to the family. "Allison, she is ready to see you." She leads Allison to her birth mom's room. Ted was at Allison's side. "Allison, she is waiting for you in her room." As she was about to open the door, she heard, "Allison!!Wait!!"
Emma rushes next to Allison, with Killian carrying Hope right behind her. "Emma!!" They hug.
"You came."
"Yes. I cannot miss this moment with my sister, meeting our birth mother. I got thinking I am Hope's Mom, she and I need to know our past. I felt really guilty about not going with you. I have been dreaming about this my whole life and I would not have imagined doing this alone, but with my sister which is a great plus."
Allison was in tears, "I would not have known about my past if I did not meet you." Hope babbles. "Yes, little niece. I met your Mommy because of you." She gave Hope kisses in her head. Connor babbled. "Little lad, your Auntie Emma, and Hope are here to meet your grandma together."
Emma was terrified she was finally going to meet her birth mom the woman who gave her up .. Kilian held his wife's hand. "Emma, I am right here. Hope and I are right here Allison is here. Your family love."
"Yes.."
"Emma, I am right here. I am so happy you are here." Ted has his iPhone out to capture the moment. "Emma, I am right here." They hold hands.
"Sis." She takes Emma's hand and opens the door. Emma sees a woman who has short brown hair, besides the hair color who Allison gets her hair color from, they have the same chin, eye color, and skin tone. Her birth mother just began to cry. "My babies... Their mother hugged them both and bawled. "I am so sorry...I am so so sorry..." Emma and Allison were both crying, Emma's dream was finally coming true. Killian was taking photos while holding Hope. "Your Mommy is meeting her Mommy, your grandma, Hope."
"I am so happy you two grew up together..." Emma and Allison gave each other looks.
"We met almost a year ago. I did not have a family until I met my husband at the age of 19."
"I did not know I was adopted until I met Emma. My adopted parents did not tell me I was adopted until Emma and I met."
"I was told you two were together..."
"Mary-Margaret, we have a lot of questions to ask you."
"Emma, call me Mom."
"I'm sorry, I-..." Mary Margaret held Emma's hands.
"It is alright, you can both call me Mary-Margaret."
"Allison and I want to know about why we were given up at birth ...or who is our father is?"
"Or one of the questions, why you wanted to meet me without Emma? After you told us both to come."
"I THOUGHT EMMA WAS MY RAPE BABY!!!" Killian goes to Emma's side, and holds onto her, Hope was crying, Ted gets Hope from Killian and takes the babies out into the hall. "Emma..."
"You were raped?"
"By my controlling father, who was a very abusive and religious man. He raped me ever since I was a child!! My Mom did not stop him. So when I had my boyfriend, I got pregnant with Allison at 15. I told my Mom and she sent me to those mother and baby homes. I didn't want to give her up I was forced too. I wanted Allison back...When my father saw me still dating your father after I gave up Allison...he was furious...he found us making out in his car. He dragged me out and starting beating me and hurting me..." Mary-Margaret began to cry, Killian was holding his wife's hand. " I hid my pregnancy as long as I could from my parents, when I was 5 months pregnant with you, Emma. I wanted to keep you no matter who your Dad was. I was sent back to the mother and baby home. I never got to hold either of you, they just took you both away. I was told by a social worker that you were given to the same family like your sister..after I was sent back. My father sent me here to become a nun in shame of having two children out of wedlock...I was on a vow of silence until recently. Emma, once I saw you, I knew you and Allison have the same birth father... you have your father's hair and my face exactly like Allison...I am so sorry..." Emma and Allison were both crying and hugged her. Emma realized her birth mother went through hell like her but not in the foster system. "Mom..."
"Mom..."
Emma sat down next to her birth mother. "I need to get to know my daughters."
"Emma, tell her about your life first."
"Allison, you can go first."
"Emma, you have been dreaming about this whole life."
"Swan, your sister is right."
Emma smiles and holds his hand. "Mom...this is Killian is my husband. He gave me a home, a home where I never been kicked out of, abandoned from, I have love and a family." They hear Hope and Connor both crying. "I swear Emma our babies know when they are needed."
Emma laughs. "Yes, you are right."
"I have two grandchildren?"
"Yes, you have one of each." Ted brings Hope and Connor in.
"Emma, Hope wants you."
Killian gets Hope from Ted and hands her over to Emma. "Hopey...Mommy is here...You are with Mommy... Shhh..shh." Ted hands over Allison to Connor.
"Connor, you are with momma."
"Killian, her teething ring is in her diaper bag." Killian gives Hope her teething ring, Hope chewed on her teething ring and just wanted her Mommy. The babies calmed down.
"Hope, I have someone I like you to meet say hi, to my Mommy, your grandma."
"Hi, Hope." Emma lets her Mom hold Hope. Hope babbles. "Emma, she is beautiful." Mary Margaret cried happy tears, she is a grandma to a granddaughter. Emma and Allison let her hold Hope since they knew she could hold not them. Allison knew Emma did not have their Mom at Hope's birth. Connor babbles. "Yes, Connor that is my real Mommy. You want to say hi." Allion puts Connor on her Mom's lap.
"My two grandbabies are so cute. How old are they?"
"The little lad Connor is 10 months old and Hope is 7 months old. They love playing with each other."
Killian and Ted took pictures of their wives and babies with their mother in law. "Emma and Allison tell me how you both met."
"Emma, tell your part of the story first."
"Okay."
"Mommy."
Emma smiles."Come here, little duckling." She holds Hope. "You just want to be with Mommy when I tell grandma of how I met your Daddy and Auntie right. I was found abandoned on the side of the road with only a baby blanket. I was adopted by a family until I was three years old and taken back when they had their own baby." Emma hugs Hope. "I was in and out to foster home, group homes, abused, beaten starved...I got tired of it and ran away from the foster system at sixteen. I was homeless still in school. I got raped by a man.... Killian held his wife's hand...I ended up having a miscarriage ....I did not know about sex or being pregnant...I finished high school without any support. and my goal was to go to college which I did. After community college, I went to flight school and met Killian on the first day."
"Aye, once I laid my eyes on your daughter, I was in love."
"Even though I gave you a hard time because of my trust issues. You found out I was homeless and offered me a home."
" I did not want you to be out in the dangerous streets alone."
"He let me stay with him and we started dating. We worked together, I am a flight attendant and Killian is a pilot." Hope babbled. "Yes, Hope. Mommy and Daddy got married and had you."
"How did you meet Allison?"
"Here comes the good part."
"Well, Hope wanted to come early, I needed a cerclage procedure and I was staying overnight at the hospital. It turns out my roommate was Allison, I met Connor first." Connor crawls to Auntie Emma. "Connor, you knew I was Momma's sister right?" Connor babble and she lets him sit next to Hope.
"Connor loves his Auntie Emma. We did not know we were related until Hope was born. As Emma's was in bed rest, we become best friends and had a lot in common."
"Allison, you were Hope's godmother before we were official sisters."
"Well, we were like sisters."
"Yes and now we are." They both laughed
"They both have the same laugh."
"Aye, it happens a lot."
Hope began to cry. Allison gets Hope from Emma. "Hopey, auntie Allison is here." Hope stops crying and hugs her Auntie Allison.
"She loves you, Allison."
"Yes, Mom. Hope knows that I am a very special person in her life. I delivered Hope at their home at Emma's unplanned homebirth." Mary Margaret's jaw drops. "I am an immunologist and I work in the emergency room. Emma wanted me to be in the room with them and I came over, her water broke and she was in her final stages of labor, I went to action. Emma is my best friend, sister, I am Hope's godmother auntie and I delivered her here to the world. Once I sent my adopted Mom's pictures of Hope, Emma, Connor, and I...she rushed to New York and told me that I was adopted at birth...I knew I did not belong. " Mary Margaret held Allison's hand.
"They did not tell you?"
"No. They kept it a secret. I would not have known I was adopted if I did not meet Emma at my recovery room when I had Connor." Hope makes a noise. "Yes, Hope. If I have never met your Mommy, I would not have delivered you on your parents' bed." Hope hugs her Aunt Allison. "They knew about Emma...the adoption agency called them and asked them...they rejected her because they did not want me to know about my adoption."
Emma moves next to her sister."Allison, we found each other."
"Yes. You have been my real family ever since." They hug. Hope began to cry.
Killian puts the carries on. "Swan, Hope wants her Daddy." He gets Hope from Emma and puts her in the carrier. "Dada is here...dada...I know you are tired, little love. " He sniffs her. "You need a diaper change. Emma, we will be right back."
Connor began to cry. "Connor, you want to play?"
"Little man, do you need to crawl around?" Allison sets Connor down and he crawls to Ted. "Mom, did our Dad know about us?"
"He knew about you both. I told him about you, Emma. He wanted to marry me...but we were only 17 years old. My father did not approve of him, his family owned a farm."
"Where are you from?"
"Tennesee. I wonder if he is still there."
"Well, we can do research to find him."
"I..I still have his address." She gave Emma his address. "You can find him?"
"Finding people is my thing. Mom, Allison and I will find him."
"Mom, will come back to America with us?"
"I...I.. do not know..."
"Mom, A lot has changed since you been out in here."
"I will think about it..."
"What Emma means is that you are our Mom. We want you in our family."
"I never had a Mom or a Dad. I really need my mom in my life. I mean I had no idea to be a parent, Allison helped me. Plus you can be in the same country as your daughters and your grandbabies."
"I cannot. I belong here."
Emma was mad. "You were sent here as a teenager by your controlling father who was an asshole pedophile. You need a normal family, with us. We want you in our family. I can find our father, I know he loves you."
"Emma..."
"You rejected twice in my life when I was a baby and today. Allison and I have the same father. You do not need to punish yourself for what your asshole father has done to you."
"Mom, please come home with us. Emma and I live in Queens, New York. You can stay with Ted and me or you can stay with Emma and Killian. Emma and I can find our Dad, no one is going to hurt you ever again by raping you. You can be with us your daughters. We need our Mom and our children need their grandma." Killian and Hope return.
"Please think about it..."
"I will."
"Emma, we should go, the babies need to rest."
"Yes, the babies need to be fed." She tuns to her Mom. "Mom, we are going to be in Italy for a while. Please think about it."
"I will."
Killian brings Hope to Mary Margaret. "Hope, say bye-bye to grandma." He waves Hope's hand and brings her to Emma.
Allison holds her mom's hand. "Mom, we are your family. We are not going to hurt you. We want you to be happy. We will be back soon." Connor began to cry. "Connor." Ted gave Allison their son. "We are going bye-bye." Connor reaches out to his grandma. "Mom, Connor does not want to leave you."
Mary Margaret holds Connor. "Connor." Connor hugs her back. "You do not want to leave me?" Connor babbles.
"Mom, Connor loves you."
Emma carries Hope to her Mom and sister. "Connor knows who his Momma's family is." Hope babbles. "You want grandma to hold you too?"
"Emma, I can hold her too. Come to grandma Hope." Emma lets her Mom hold her daughter. Killian and Ted took pictures of their mother in law holding the babies with their wives smiling.
Hope babbles and Connor babbles. "Hope and Connor you love grandma?" She kisses them on the heads.
"Mom, they love you."
"I think they want to see me more often." Connor tugs Mary Margaret's hair. "Ouch."
"Connor, let go of Grandma's hair." She untangled her son's hand, Connor crying.
Hope reaches out for Emma, Emma gets her daughter. "Hopey, you want to see grandma more often?" Hope babbles.
"Hope, you will see grandma very soon."
"Mom...you mean?"
"I want to see you all more often. I need to find your Dad first."
"Allison and I can do that."
"Emma and I will find him, Mom. Connor, are you hugging grandma?" Connor babbles. "We are going to visit grandma tomorrow."
"Mom, have you ever been out of the convent?"
"No."
"We are going to go site seeing, you can join us."
"Please come with us."
"I will come." Allison and Emma hug their Mom, Emma smiles as Killian. He knew his wife was so happy. After they made a plan where to tour around, Emma and Allison left, with thier husbands and babies back to the town they were staying in and got dinner and returned to the hotel. Emma put Hope to bed.
"Sweet dreams, baby girl. I love you."
Killian held his wife's hand. "Love, are you okay?"
She hugs him. "It was overwhelming. I was mad at her for refusing to see me but then she told me she was raped, abused by her own father who sent her to a convent in another country to hide her shame after she had me...she wanted to marry my biological Dad...she wanted to keep me, Killian. She went through hell...and in a convent like a prison. I am pretty sure the mother and baby homes was like a prison. I just want her to be with us and Allison, with her family." Emma was crying.
"Your Mom is very lucky to have you as her daughter, you will do anything for your loved ones. I know you will not give up on her."
"Everyone else did. I do not want to be the one in her life to abandon her...I stopped being mad at her when her story was very similar to mine but it was in her family, not the abuse, not the foster system..."
"We can bring her home with us, Emma."
"To America? Yes. I know she wants to be with my Dad. I hope we can find him so they can reunite..."
"I know you can find him, love. My wife will find her birth father and reunite her parents."
"I want to do that. My mom needs her family not alone, she did not do anything wrong."
"I know you will help her, Emma."
"I am so happy that Allison and I are full siblings."
"Aye, I had a feeling you two were when we first met her in the hospital. I will help you and Allison find your Dad." He kisses her on the head.
"I know that is our next Swan-Jones family adventure finding my Dad."
"Aye, I have a feeling your Mom will be spoiling Hope and Connor." Emma smiles.
"Yes, my Mom...thank you for this staying with me the entire time I needed you."
"I will always be there for you, Emma." They kiss.
"We need to get some sleep we are going site seeing tomorrow."
"Yes, we are, love. I see where you get your fighter survivor spirit, from your Mom."
"I get that from her."
Emma felt safe in her husband's arms and fell asleep. "Sleep love. You had a very big day meeting your Mom." He knows they will have more Swan-Jones adventures soon and getting to know his mother in law, his swan's mom.