Family Is There When You Need Them

At night it was rough for both of the new parents. Hope was crying nonstop after Emma breastfed her and changed her diaper. Emma swaddled her daughter in her new swaddle blanket. "Hope, what is the matter, sweetie? I fed you, your in a clean diaper now. I do not like seeing you, sad baby." She snuggled with her daughter. Emma walked around the room with her daughter bouncing her and rubbing her back, "Shhh...shhh... Hope it is okay sweetie." She gave Hope a pacifier which she spits out. "Hope, baby. I do not know why you are crying, sweetie. I want to help you stop crying. I don't like it when you are a sad baby." Hope continued to cry in her Mom's arms. "Hope, I do not know how to help you."Emma began to cry. Killian watched his wife trying to calm down their daughter as long as he could before he intervened to help when she needed a break but he stepped in when his wife began to cry. "Love, it is my turn to be with our little lass." Emma cried harder. Killian takes Hope from his very upset wife and puts Hope in her swing to help soothe her.
"Killian, I fed her, changed her diaper, swaddled her....I do not know what to do. How am I can be her mommy if I cannot calm her down from crying? Does that mean I am not a good parent?" He hated seeing his two loves upset. He sits next to his wife and hugs her tightly and kissed her on the head as she cried. "How can I be her mommy if I never had parents?"
"Emma, you have me my love to help you. You and I are new parents and we are learning as we go love. You and I are a team. We are a team remember? We are going to work together as parents to love and cherish and care for our little Hope. We need to be there for each other and lean on each other and take turns when one of us needs a very needed break. We work together as parents, you and me, love." Emma hugs her husband tightly for a long moment feeling safe in his arms. He puts his hand on her chin and lifts her head up. "Emma, you are Hope's Mommy. She loves you so much. It is my turn to console our little love. You need a breather love. Hope senses it in you that you are stress."
"I am stress because she is crying. I want to be the one to console our daughter. "
"Love, you cannot be superwoman. You are only human. You need a little break from our little lass who is very upset."
"I feel like I am failing her. I do not know how to be a parent I never had good parents."
"Emma, you are not failing her. You are an amazing mother to Hope who loves you so much. Remember when she was born, she stopped crying once she heard your voice when she was born. She knows her mommy." He kisses Emma on the head. "Hope crying nonstop is not your fault. You are tired and you need to rest love. Hope is crying yes, she needs both of us love. I know you want to be with her every minute love but you need to a break especially when our Hope is crying for a very long time. We are a team remember. It is my turn to be with our little lass. She needs her Daddy."
"Yes, she does need time with you."
"Aye, love. I love you and our little Hope." They kiss and hug for a moment. Emma watches as Killian gets their daughter from her swing chair. She knows she has Killian with her in every step of the way of being parents to their baby girl. "Hi, little love." He bounces Hope in his arms. "Daddy got you Hope. I know you are upset. Mommy and I need to know why you are crying little love but since you cannot talk we have to figure it out. We do not like seeing you crying a lot of little love. Shh...shh..." He kisses Hope on the head. "Emma, rest, love. I will take Hope in her room." Killian brought Hope to her room and sat with her in her glider and rocked his upset daughter.
Emma was in her bed still upset. She, of course, could not sleep because her heart was hurting from her little girl very upset wailing nonstop. Emma decided to call Allison even though it is 1:00 o'clock in the morning, she needed her sister.
Allison reaches for her iPhone by her nightstand. Groggily, "Hello?"
"Allison?"
Allison sits up in her bed worried about her sister, knowing something was wrong. "Emma, is everything alright?"
Emma was crying. "No. Hope has been crying nonstop for the last three hours. I fed her, changed her diaper, I walked around the room with her, snuggled her...she is still crying. Killian is with her in her room trying to calm her down. This is all new to me... being a new mom...I do not know what to do or how to be a parent." Emma cried harder.
"Emma, I am coming over right now." Allison got dressed quickly and packed an overnight bag just in case she stays over the night. She checked on her baby boy who sleeps through the night in his crib. She held her little boy in her arms. "Connor, you are such a good baby boy. I have to help your cousin Hope who is crying a lot." She kisses Connor on the head. "I love you so much, baby. I will see you later." She placed sleeping Connor in his crib. She turns around and sees Ted at the door. "Hi."
"Allison, where are you going?"
Allison closed the door of their son's room. "Emma called. She and Killian are having a hard time with Hope. She has been crying nonstop for the past three hours. Emma was crying on the phone. She needs me."
"Allison, go be with you sister. Hope seems to be having a rough night."
"Yes, we lucked out on Connor who can sleep through the night and does not cry nonstop. I am going to do my best to help her."
"Allison, I know that you will help them."
"You are not mad at me for leaving in the middle of the night?"
"No, I am not. You are in the medical field I know you are needed at work in the emergency room during on call. You can help our little niece your goddaughter. Your long lost sister who needs you."
Allison smiles. "Emma needs me. I want to be there for her and Hope wanting to help Emma as much as I can. Emma needs her big sister since I am her blood relative and missed out growing up with her..." Allison began to cry.
Ted hugged his wife. "I missed everything in her life and she was alone. I want to be there for her now. I am her big sister, I am supposed to protect her which I did not she was in the foster system and she was homeless and raped on the streets. I wanted to protect her but I was not there for my little sister." Allison cried harder and Ted hugs her. "I wasn't there for her when she needed me....I wasn't there for her.." Allison falls on the ground in her husband's arms and he continues to console her.
"Allison...It is okay Allison. You did not know....it is not your fault shh...shh..." Ted let his wife cry into him knowing how guilty she felt for having a good life while her biological sister had a horrible life in the foster system, being homeless and raped as a teenager and how her adopted parents were Emma's first rejection of a family, her sister."Allison, you are reunited with your sister at the hospital in the same recovery room. You know and she knew that you are connected somehow, you both trusted each other. You were there for her when she needed you the most, delivering our niece, her daughter on their bed at home. You are her big sister and you always been. I know you feel guilty."
"Yes, I really am feeling guilty for not having her in my life as a child, which I wanted. She was alone, I felt alone being different from my family which all now makes sense. If I had known, I would have wanted her be in my family as a child, as sisters."
"I know that you and Emma would have been super close as children. You are so much alike, kind caring people."
"I want to be there for my sister now and forever."
"You are going to be in her life, and we all are as a family. You are in her life now which all that matters. You and Emma are going to raise your babies together and they are going to be really close cousins."
"I just missed so much on her life."
"I know, Allison. You and Emma have the rest of your lives together as sisters and going to make it up."
"You are right."
"I love how you and Emma are really close and you are happy and comfortable around her knowing how much you hate going to your parent's house all the time."
"I never felt at home there. I feel at home here with you and Connor and at Emma and Killian's house."
"We are going to have so many family memories together with Emma and Hope."
"Yes, we are." She hugs her husband. "I love you."
"I love you, Allison." They kiss. "How are you feeling now?"
"Better, feeling a weight lifted off my shoulders... I hate feeling guilty. I just want to help my sister as much as I can and be there for her and my little god niece and being Emma's big sister. "
He places his hand on his wife's face. "That is why Emma has the best big sister who is very kind caring and helpful will be there for her. You are there for her and Hope. Let me know how it is."
"I will, text you updates."
"If you need to sleepover, I can be with Connor."
"I have a feeling that might happen. I packed an overnight bag."
"Allison, I can watch our little boy."
"I know. He loves his Daddy. If he needs to be fed there are bottles of my breast milk in the fridge."
"Yes, you made extra milk supply. Go to your sister and our niece." They kiss. Allison drove to the Swan-Jones house and used her spare keys to enter the house. She can hear Hope wailing from the entrance. She passes by Hope's room seeing Killian patting and rubbing Hope's back in her room while she was crying. "Hope, it is alright little love, you are with Daddy. Shhh...shhh..." He kisses Hope on the head. "Mommy and Daddy know you are upset and we want to help you make you happy little Hope."
Allison finds Emma in her bed crying. "Emma."
Emma looks up at her door and sees her sister in her room, she could not believe that her sister came, another person she can rely on. "Allison. You are here." Emma hugs her sister. "You actually came."
"Yes, Emma I really am here. I am your sister. I knew you needed me. I am here to help."
Emma cried harder. " I do not know how to calm down Hope. She has been crying nonstop. I have done everything to help her calm down. I feel like I am failing Hope as a mom."
"Emma, you are not failing your daughter. Do not think that way. Hope loves you. You are her Mommy. Sometimes babies cry nonstop for no reason." Emma hugs her sister tightly and Allison rubbed her back. "Emma, one way to calm down Hope is to carry her in a carrier. She is used to being carried by you. You can try wearing her and walking around in or outside."
"I want to use the wrap one. Or the Graco one...is it only for outside carriers?"
"No, you can use carries around the house, sitting down, traveling around or when you have to clean or cook you can wear her. Just make sure you wear a soft one inside the house so it will be comfy for both of you."
"I want to try the two types of carriers. To see what is best for me and Hope."
"Did you give her her pacifier?"
"I tried that already and she spat her pacifier out."
"Babies loves being touched, like baby massages you can try that will help Hope."
"Can skin to skin help her too?"
"Emma, you can try. Skin to skin helps both babies and mommies. There is no hurt in trying different ways to figure out how to soothe Hope."
"I will try anything to help her stop crying. My heart is hurting because she is crying so much. I want my Hope to be happy."
"Emma, that is being a mother caring for your child nonstop. Especially when your baby is upset. It is okay, to take a break. We all need breaks. That is what Dad's are there to help when mothers need a break. You are not failing Emma. We love you. Hope loves you, Emma." Emma hugs her sister.
"I love you."
"I love you too Emma."
Killian returns into his bedroom seeing Allison with Emma while carrying crying Hope. "Hope, your auntie Allison is here."
"Hi, Killian. Emma called and I decided to come by to help out."
"Aye at 2:00 o'clock in the morning?"
Allison smiled. "Yes, when my family needs me I love to help out. Killian, give me my god niece."
"Aye love. Hope, auntie Allison wants to say hi to you little love." He hands over his crying daughter to his sister in law. "She has been crying for almost four hours straight."
"Killian, I told her." He sits next to his wife knowing that she was very upset and frustrated that she could not be the one to calm their little girl. He hugs his wife and she leans onto him knowing everything will be alright.
Allison let her niece on her chest, bounced and rocked her. "Hope Allison, what is the matter, my little niece?" Hope continued to cry. "I know you are crying so much sweetie. We love you, Hope. We want you to be happy little niece not crying all the time." She kisses Hope on the head.
"Allison, I tried rocking with her but she was getting louder and was not calming her down."
Allison walked around with Hope for a little while to give her sister and Killian a break. She realized the further away Hope was away from Emma, Hope cried louder. "Emma."
"Yes?"
"I just realized when I was walking with Hope. The further I went away from you Hope cried louder."
Emma smiled. "So you're telling me that Hope wants me even though she is upset?"
Allison smiled. "Yes, Emma. Hope wants to be you her Mommy." She looks down at her niece. "Hope, you want Mommy? hmm." She kisses Hope on the head. Emma thought of skin to skin and takes her shirt off. "Hope, come to Mommy baby." Allison takes off Hope's onesie and hands over her niece back to her sister. "You and I are going to have Mommy and Hope time." She kisses Hope on the head when Emma placed her daughter onto her chest as Hope continued to cry. Emma slowly massaged her back and legs with her hands and softly "Hope...you are with mommy...mommy got you.....my little girl...yes you are my baby...mommy loves you...daddy loves you....auntie Allison loves you. We all love you, Hope." She kisses Hope on the head. As Emma massaged her daughter as they were doing skin to skin, Hope was slowly stopped crying. "Hope, you just wanted one on one time with me?" Hope gripped her Mommy. Emma smiled and kissed her daughter on the head.
"Hope, you are happy to be with your Mommy skin to skin? Little love" He kisses Hope on the head. "I told you, love, she loves her Mommy." Allison sat near her sister on the bed trying not to hover over Emma and Hope special time together.
"Yes, you are both right. I am not failing Hope."
"Emma, she calmed down on you doing skin to skin. You came up with the idea sis, not me."
"Yes, I did. I just needed to calm down and have a little break before coming up of ideas how to calm down Hope. Now she is awake and not crying." She let Hope hold her finger as she snuggled on her mommy.
"I am going to try to use the carriers with her so she can be happy by me all the time."
"Emma, Hope will love it. Killian you can use the carrier too."
"Aye, I would love to carry Hope around. Hope, when Mommy needs a break you and I have daddy-daughter time, little love." He rubbed Hope's cheek. Hope gurgled.
"Killian, I was thinking when you go back to work, I can bring Hope to visit you. She can see where we work."
"Aye, like when you waited for me after my plane landed."
"Yes, the only difference is that I have Hope with me not pregnant. I can still have access to walk around. I can carry Hope in her carrier and wait for you. Hope will be very happy to see you when you land."
"Aye, I would love seeing you both after I land." They kiss. He wrapped his arm around his wife and daughter.
"Allison, when I had to stop working in the air. I switched jobs to check in once I found out I was pregnant. All I cared was about was Hope's safety. So when I switched jobs, I always waited at the gate for him, Killian would see me and run to me seeing me. He missed me so much."
"Love, we started together on the same airplane. I missed you."
"I miss working with you too. I had Hope safety that I was concerned about."
"I know love. Now our little love is here with us." He kisses Emma on the head and rubbed Hope's cheek at the same time.
"How was Hope's first doctor appointment?"
"Hope gained a few ounces. She is back to her birth weight. She had one shot, the Hepatitis B one. She did not like the shot. She is very healthy. She is now a healthy 6-day old little girl." She kissed Hope on the head. "She was crying the entire time we were with the doctor right Killian?"
"Aye, we were both there for her. She did not like her pediatrician."
Emma chuckled. "Yes, we were talking that Hope only likes you Allison, her auntie godmother who works in the medical field. So far Hope only trusts you in the medical field."
"Aww really?"
"Yes, Hope trusts her auntie only in the medical field."
Allison leans over to talk to her god niece. "Hope, you only trust me? Is it because I was the one who delivered you here?" Hope smiled. "Yes, you only trust me your auntie." Allison kissed Hope on the cheek. "I will always help you little god niece." Hope fell asleep on her Mommy. "She is asleep."
"Finally, I am just hoping Hope will be happier during the day. Allison, thank you for coming over." Killian wrapped Hope's baby blanket on her so she won't get cold doing skin to skin with her Mommy.
"Your welcome, Emma. I knew that you needed me and I am happy to help my little sister out."
"I scheduled Hope's newborn photo shoot for Thursday."
"Emma, Hope is going to look so cute in the photoshoot." She looks down at her sleeping niece. "Emma, can I stay overnight?"
"Allison, you came here voluntarily and helped us out tonight. You are definitely sleeping over."
"Aye, you are welcome to sleepover anytime."
"Since Hope is asleep. We all need some sleep."
"Yes, we all need sleep while Hope is asleep."
"Love, you are supposed to sleep when she sleeps."
"For now, yes." Killian wrapped his arms around his wife and daughter, Emma fell asleep. Allison went to their guest room down the hall and slept on their guest bed. Not for long, Hope woke up hungry. "Hope, mommy is going to feed you, sweetie. Shh...shh... Don't cry. " She sits up in bed and let Hope eat from her, she sucked on quickly. "Hope, your milk is not going nowhere sweetie." She rubs her head. "I am happy that you are eating not crying, sweetie. Mommy does not like when you are sad. I love you so much, Hope." She kissed Hope on her head. After Hope was fed she burped her daughter and rubbed her back as she did skin to skin, Hope fell asleep after a few minutes from her massage from her mommy. Emma fell back to sleep. A few hours later, Hope woke up and needed to be changed. It was Killian's turn to be up with Hope. "Hi, little love. Daddy will change your diaper." He changes Hope's diaper. "You are all nice and clean little love." He gives Hope kisses on her cheeks and head which makes her smile. "Aye, you like kisses from Daddy?" He loves seeing Hope happy. "Daddy and Mommy love seeing you happy Hope." He played with Hope a little longer until she tired herself out, he loved seeing Hope happy and spending one on one time with his little lass and giving his wife a very needed break. He quietly placed Hope in her dockatot in between him and his Emma and placed her baby blanket on her and falls back to sleep. Hope slept longer than usual because she was crying for almost 4 hours straight, which tired herself out. Emma slept as long as Hope slept. Killian kept waking up to check up on his little lass. Killian woke up around 8:00 am, letting his wife sleep from their long night with Hope and looks at his little love who is still asleep. He went downstairs to make coffee for himself and hot cocoa for his love since she loves hot cocoa and breakfast. Allison hears Killian cooking breakfast. She checks up on Emma and Hope, both mother and daughter were sound asleep. She goes downstairs. "Morning, Killian."
"Morning, Allison."
"Do you need any help?"
"Aye, I am good. I made hot cocoa and coffee."
"I will have some hot cocoa." She poured herself mug with cinnamon and whip cream.
"No way."
"What?"
"That is how Emma drinks her hot cocoa with cinnamon and whip cream."
Allison smiled. "Really?"
"Aye, all the time. She is not a coffee person, always been a hot cocoa person."
"Wow, we are really sisters."
"Aye, you two are." Allison sits at the kitchen table watching her brother in law cook breakfast. "Allison, thank you for coming over last night. How did you know?"
"Emma called me she was crying on the phone. I knew that she needed me. When she saw me I saw this look in her eyes that she someone to lean on for support."
"Aye, I know that look very well. When she moved in, she told me she always wanted her own room. I showed her the room, now Hope's room, even though it was painted green she had happiness in her eyes...that she had room for herself. She said this room is for me? I said, "Aye, it is all yours. You can decorate it all you like.' She sits on the bed and laid down and said 'A bed all for me. I have not been in a bed in three years. She had hope in her eyes knowing that she can trust me."
"Killian, you have been so good to my sister. Thank you for being there for her when I was not around."
"Allison, you didn't know. It was your parents' fault."
"Yes, it was all their fault if they adopted her she would have not suffered the foster system."
"Aye, I know. She would have never met me if she was adopted."
"True."
"She has you and me love, to support her and be there for her now."
Yes, when she called me to talk, I knew she needed me. I came right over."
"Aye, she was very upset thinking she was failing as Hope's mommy because she could not stop her cry."
"I told her that babies do cry non stop and every parent needs breaks."
"Aye, that what I told her too."
"She is going to listen to the both of us."
"Aye, we are there for her."
Emma woke up hearing Hope cooing to herself in her dockatot.
"Good morning my little buttercup." She puts her pajama shirt on and takes Hope out of her dockatot. "Hope, are you feeling better than last night?" Hope smiled. "Yes, you are my happy little girl." She kissed Hope on the head. Emma got Hope dressed into a cute airplane onesie in her nursery. "Hope, I got this onesie on the day Mommy and Daddy found out we were having you." Hope gurgled and Emma kissed Hope everywhere. "Even though you were upset last night, I love you so much Hope. I was hurt that you were crying, sweetie. We love you, Hope." She picks up her daughter. "Mommy loves you Hope and I will always be there for you sweetie." She kisses Hope on the head and Hope grabs her Mommy's face, knowing her mommy loved her so much which made Emma smile knowing her daughter loves her always. "Come on little duck, Daddy is cooking in the kitchen." She brings Hope downstairs seeing Allison and Killian talking. "Morning, Killian. Morning sis."
"Morning, Emma."
"Morning, love." Killian and Emma kiss. "Morning, Hope." He kisses Hope on the cheek. "Breakfast is almost ready."
"Whatever it is it smells delicious."
"Anything for my loves." He continues to cook. Emma sits down with Hope to join her sister.
"Emma, how are you feeling from last night?"
"A little more rested. After she fell asleep, I fed her again a few hours later. She slept a lot. I knew she was tired out from crying. Now she is happy. Do you want to hold her?"
"Yes. Come here, little niece." Allison gets her niece from her sister. "Good morning, Hope Allison. You sure look happier now than last night." She kisses Hope on the head. Hope gurgled.
"You sure love using her middle name, Allison."
"Yes, she is named after me after all." They both laughed.
"Thank you for coming over last night."
"Emma, you are welcome. I am glad to come over and help out you and Hope. I knew you needed me. I told you-you can call me anytime for help."
"I definitely did. Did Hope keep you up?"
"No, I heard her cry but I was not fully awake." She looks down at her niece. "Hope are you happy that I came over?" Hope smiled. "Yes, you wanted auntie to sleepover." She talks to Emma. "I am always getting calls to come into work since I am the head of the emergency room."
"Who is going to watch Connor when you go back to work?"
"I work 12-hour shifts, during the day. I work four days a week. Ted is going to be home with Connor, he works as an accountant. He can work from home and be with Connor."
"Really? He has really stepped up on being a parent."
"Yes, he really did. Killian and Emma, thank you both for helping me with Ted."
"You are welcome, Allison. We are both happy Ted is stepped up being a daddy to Connor, Right Emma?"
"Yes. We both told him in our own ways to be there for you and Connor."
"Well, he sure has listened to you both. He told me he wants to stay home with Connor than having a nanny, a stranger with him all day."
"Awe, did you expect him to stay home?"
Allison smiled. "No, I did not. He offered to stay home and to be with our son. I am happy that he can be there for him while I am at work."
"Allison, Connor is going to love being with his Daddy."
"I know." Hope cries.
"Allison, she is hungry." Allison hands over her niece back to her sister. "Hope, Mommy is going to feed you, sweetie." Hope latched on quickly. "You are Mommy's good girl Hope." She kisses Hope on the head. Killian set a plate of breakfast pancakes eggs and bacon and hot cocoa by Emma so she can while she nurses Hope.
Allison gets a phone call. "Hi, Ted."
"Hi, Allison. How are Hope and Emma?"
"They are good. It was a rough night but everything is alright now."
"I got called into work. Can I bring Connor over?"
"Hold on a minute...Ted has to go to work is it alright for Connor to come over?"
"Allison, you and Connor are both welcome to come over. He and Hope can have playtime."
"Ted, you can bring Connor over here. How was he when I was out?"
"He was a good boy. I fed him right after he left and changed him a few times. He misses you."
"I will see you both soon." Allison made herself a plate of eggs, bacon, and pancakes. "Emma, we have to same drink."
"Killian, did you tell her my favorite drink was?"
"No, swan. I did not."
"Emma, it is my favorite drink."
"Cinnamon hot chocolate is my favorite too! We are definitely related."
"Yes, we are." They both laughed and ate their breakfast and talked.
"Love, I can hold Hope."
"She is still eating. You can hold her later after she is done eating." Emma burped her daughter and handed over to her Killian. "Hi, little love. Are you full?" Hope smiled. "Aye, you were hungry. You did not eat in a while you were sleeping for a long time." Hope made a face, her poop face.
"Killian, I think Hope is making her poop face."
"Aye, she is." He checked Hope's diaper. "Aye, you did make poop little love." He takes Hope upstairs to change her. The doorbell rings.
"Allison, I will be right back." Emma opens the door seeing Ted in a suit and holding Connor.
"Hi, Emma. Connor, we are at auntie Emma's house."
"Hi, Connor." Ted hands over his son to his sister in law. She kisses Connor on the head. "Thank you for watching Connor last night."
"Your welcome, Emma. Allison knew you needed her help and she really wants to be there for you. She still feels guilty on being adopted and you weren't."
"Ted, I know she feels guilty. Allison and I are going to make up for lost time that we have missed in our lives as sisters. I heard that you are going to be a stay at home Dad."
"Yes, I am. I can work at home. I do not want a stranger to be with my little boy."
"We have breakfast. You are welcome to join us."
"I can eat before I go to work."
"Come on in." Emma carried her nephew in and Ted followed them to the kitchen. "Allison, look who I have."
Allison smiles big seeing her son. "Connor." Emma hands over her nephew to her sister. "Hi, baby. Were you a good boy for Daddy when I was here at auntie Emma's house?" Connor cooed. Emma makes Ted a plate.
"Thank you, Emma. "
"Your welcome. Killian cooked."
"Aye, I did. Hi Ted."
"Hi, Killian."
"Hope, your uncle Ted and cousin Connor is here."
"I came by to drop off Connor off, on my way to work."
"Aye, Hope can play with her cousin today." Hope fussed in her Daddy's arms. "Little love, you want your Mommy?" Emma takes Hope from her husband.
"Hope, you are with Mommy sweetie." She kisses Hope on the head and let her snuggled on her. "You are mommy's good girl."
Allison sat next to her sister. "Emma, Hope loves you."
"I know Hope loves me. I just do not want her to cry for four hours straight like last night."
"Love, you have Allison and me to help you with Hope when she is crying a lot like that."
"I know, now. From last night. You both were very helpful. Right Hope? You know Daddy and Auntie Allison is there for us." Hope gurgled which made her smile. Hope fell asleep on her mommy's chest. "Allison, when Hope wakes up Connor and Hope can play."
"Yes, they will have a lot of playtimes today." Connor reached over to touch his cousin.
"Aww, Connor you love your cousin Hope?"
"Connor, are you saying hi to your cousin?" He smiled. " Hope is sleeping. She will play with you later, my sweet baby boy." She kisses Connor on the head
"Allison, our son loves Hope."
"Yes, he certainly does. I know Hope and him are going to have fun today."
"If I miss something again, please text me."
"I will."
"Good, I have to go to work."
"Have a good day at work."
"I will see you both tonight." They kiss. "Connor, be a good boy for Mommy. Have fun with Hope." He kisses Connor on the head and leaves. Connor began to cry.
"Connor, it is okay sweetie. You will play with daddy later." She bounced and rubbed Connor's back. "I know, I miss Daddy too." She kisses her son and soothes him until he calmed down. "Allison, we can snuggle them in the living room."
"Sure." They carried their babies to the living room and held them on the couch.
"Does he always cry when Ted leaves for work?"
"Yes, he does. He misses his Daddy. That is why I was relieved when he offered to stay home with "him....now I do not know how I am going to leave him when I go back to work."
Allison, you have to go back to work. He is going to be with his Daddy."
"I know...I do miss work."
"Now, I wonder if Hope gets upset when Killian leaves for work."
"Emma, she has you."
"I know."
Killian turned on the television. "Love, look." NY1 airing "Neal Cassidy Found Guilty 20 Years to Life In Prison For Raping Women." NY1 shows Neal Cassidy in court being found guilty and being sent off to prison.
Just seeing him on the news making Emma upset. Emma held her daughter and had her flashbacks all he had done to her the rape and her miscarriage. "Emma...Emma..." He wrapped his arms around his wife." Allison, she is having a flashback." Allison placed Connor in the bouncy chair and gets her niece from her sister. Emma began to cry. "Love, he is going to prison. He is not ever going to get out." Emma hugged Killian hard and cried.
"Killian...he really is in prison."
"Aye, love. That asshole is going to prison for the rest of his life." He kisses Emma on the head.
"Just seeing him making me..."
"I know love. I am here." He rubs her back until she calms down.
"Hope....where is she?"
"Emma, I have her. Hope is right here. Hope is with me."
"Hope." Allison hands over her niece back to her sister. She gives her sister a teary smile as she held Hope tightly in her arms. "Hope, the bad man who hurt Mommy all those years ago is going to prison for the rest of his life." Hope placed her hand on her Mommy's chest. "Yes, you remembered when I told you when you were in my tummy." She kisses Hope on the head. "I promise you Hope then and now that I am going to be there for you, help you when you need me and you will never be alone like I was. You can come to me and I will always help you." Hope gripped her Mommy. Emma smiles. "She understands."
He sees Hope gripping his Emma. "Emma, of course, she does. Hope knows her Mommy." He kisses Hope on her cheek."Aye, little love, you know your mommy is very brave for reporting that bad man, Hope." He looks up at Emma. "Emma she knows that you are going to be there for her."
"Yes, I am going to be there for her she is not going to go through what I went through"
"Emma, she has you her strong brave Mommy."
Emma smiled. "Yes. She certainly does know. Hope has her strong brave auntie too." Allison hugs her sister. "It runs in our family. Strong women."
She leans on her sister. "Yes, it runs in our family." She looks down at her daughter. "Allison and Killian.." (She looks at them both.) " When I had my flashback when I saw him on the screen...a mix of everything that he had done to me."
He placed his hand on her shoulder. "Love, I know. I knew you had a flashback. That is why Allison held Hope."
"I said, Hope, because...from what he had done to me." She held her daughter tighter knowing that she is really with her. "Hope is here and...the other one...."(Breaths in and out)... Hope is my baby. Just holding her now and during the flashback just made me remember where I was now. I am Hope's mommy. She reminds me that I am not alone anymore. I have Hope, you, and Allison with me."
"Love, you have us."
"Yes, Emma. You have us your family."
Hope makes her poop face. "Love, I can change her."
Emma smiled. "Killian, I can. Knowing our daughter, she is going to cry if she is not in my arms."
"Aye, love. Hope you are happy to be with your Mommy." Hope smiled. Emma brings up Hope to her nursery to change her. Allison checks on her son who was still sleeping in the bouncy chair.
"Killian, how often did she have flashbacks?"
"Not too often. When we were first started dating, I waited for the okay to have sex, we were still getting to know each other. She trusted me but when we were dating...touching her sexually was a long time. I knew she had flashbacks but I did not know what it was from until she told me about her rape...It took her a while to open up about her miscarriage. I think that was the hardest her for open about but she trusted me. I saw the pain in her eyes...it was awful..."
"Killian, she trusted you to open up. Her walls were closed up for years knowing she had no one to lean on to open up to. She trusted you which took her a huge step for her."
"I know. Emma....it took her a while to open up but I got her to trust me. It took many steps yet during the time we fell in love." Allison smiled. "When she was pregnant with Hope she had them often since her pregnancy reminded her of her miscarriage. From what Emily and Emma told me when Emma saw her attacker on her line at check-in, she had that same horrible feeling when she saw him. Ashleywas calming her down and there were a crowd and police came by the time I arrived. We took the day off and our boss let us have the rest of the week off mostly for Emma to be less stress. She told me during the time she saw her attacker she held her baby bump, Hope knew something was wrong with her mommy and during her statement, Hope was moving around and Emma was glad Hope was with her there, she knew she was not alone. I knew Emma was worried and also relieved when he was in prison. I know my swan, during our week off I never left her side and she did not want to be alone."
Allison placed her hand on her brother in law knee. "Killian, I know that you are there for my sister. She lucky to have you in her life. I am very grateful Emma has found you. I mean...I was not there. I am just happy Emma has someone there for then and now supporting and someone for her to lean on before she met me."
"Allison, you are with Emma now."
"Yes, I am with my sister which all that matters to me." Connor wakes up crying. Allison takes her son from the bouncy chair. "Connor, you are with Mommy sweetie." She kisses Connor on the head and breastfeeds him.
"I will be right back." Killian went upstairs to check on his two loves. He sees Emma in the rocking chair talking to their daughter. He watched by the doorway listening to his wife talks to Hope.
"Hope, when I was a teenager I ran away from many foster homes since I had no parents. I lived on the streets and was attacked by that very mean man who got me pregnant with his child, who I did not know until it was born very very tiny. Mommy was very young and afraid and alone. Not until I met your Daddy who helped me, care for me and be the person who I can lean for anything and tell him everything." Hope moved her arms around when her Mommy mentioned her Daddy. "When I met your auntie Allison, I did not know she was my sister after you were born but I knew Aunt Allison was a person that I can trust and depend on. Your Daddy and Auntie are my support system. Now I have you, sweetie. You are my baby girl." She lets Hope hold her finger. "You are my baby, I am always going to be there for you and protect you when you need me. You will always have me. Your mommy you will never leave you alone Hope. You have your family with you." Hope moved around in her mommy's arms. "Yes, you can tell me anything." She kisses Hope on the head. Hope smiled which made her smile. "I love you my little Hope." Emma had tears in her eyes, knowing her daughter is listening to her and loves her as much she loved her. Hope fussed in her Mommy's arms. "Hope, you want to snuggle?" She puts her daughter onto her chest and Hope stopped fussing. "Yes, you just wanted hugs from Mommy." She kisses Hope on her head.
"Little love, are you giving Mommy extra love?" Hope gurgled. "Aye, you are being a good little lass to Mommy." He kisses Hope on the head.
"She knows that I need extra love."
"Aye, you are her Mommy and she knows you."
"Yes. We are still learning about her. So far she is a good girl who loves her time with her mommy."
"Aye, I can't think of anything better."
Allison brought up Connor. "Emma."
"Yes?"
"If you need me to go..."
"Allison...you are my sister. I need my family today. Please stay."
"Emma, of course, Connor and I will stay. I did not want to be hovering you or needed space."
"Allison, you are never hovering us. You are our family. I was thinking...I have not been out of the house only to Hope's doctor appointment. Hope and I need a break from the house. I was wondering if we can take the babies to the park."
"Love, that is a great idea. You and Hope need fresh air."
"Allison, what do you think?"
"I love the idea sis. Connor and Hope can play in the park." Connor made a sound. "Connor, you want to go to the park with Auntie Emma, Uncle Killian, and Hope?" Connor smiled. "Yes, you get to play with your cousin outside."
"Allison, can you teach me how to use the wrap carrier? I know you taught me but I am still struggling how to wrap it on myself."
"Emma, I can teach you until you do it yourself."
"Great. I need a shower first."
"Swan,I can hold our little Hope."
"Killian, can you pack her diaper bag?"
"Sure, love."
"Emma, I can hold both babies."
"Sis, you just want them to play on you?"
Allison giggled. "Yes, you are right." Emma lets Allison sits in the glider and handed her Hope when she was ready. "See, I can hold them both." Hope and Connor were both awake. "Emma, I got Hope, take a shower."
"I will be quick."
"Love, take your time. Allison and I are here for the babies."
"Killian, if they play you get to see it."
"Aye, love." They kiss. Emma goes to take a needed shower. She enjoyed the hot water on her after a long night with Hope and finding out her attacker was in prison she never felt so relieved. Connor knew Hope was on his Mommy and he kicked his cousin and Hope began to cry. "Connor, you have to be nice to Hope." Killian takes Hope from her aunt's arms. "Hope, Daddy has you, little love. Daddy got you." He kisses Hope on the head and consoled her until she stopped crying. Killian kneeled nearby Connor, "Little man. Do you want to say sorry to your cousin? Hope loves you and I know you love her. You two are going to grow up together." He held Hope nearby Connor and he grabbed Hope's arm and coos. "See, little love. Connor is apologizing."
"Connor, Mommy proud of you saying sorry to your cousin. I know you were trying to play with her. When we go to the park, you and Hope can play." Emma returns from her shower and ready. "Killian, let me get Hope dressed."
"Love, we can have a picnic at the park."
"Killian, that is a great idea." They kiss. Emm a dressed Hope in a swan onesie outfit with a little bow. Emma played with Hope their kissing game.
"Hope, your Mommy chose you a cute outfit."
"Allison, are you ready for the park?"
"Yes, Connor and I are ready for the park."
"I just have to pack Hope's diaper bag."
"Emma, I can watch them." Emma placed Hope on her fuzzy rug and Allison set Connor on the rug and Allison tickled both babies while Emma packed Hope's diaper bag with an extra blanket for the babies to lie on in the grass together. Connor was laughings. "Allison, your son is very happy."
"Yes, he is Emma. Hope is having fun too."
"I do not know should I bring Hope's stroller or her carrier? Or both?"
"Emma, Hope will want to be attached to you all the time. I think the carrier will be good for the park." Emma and Killian drove their car and Allison drove her car since they were going their separate ways. Killian carried their picnic basket while Emma and Allison held the babies. They went to Forest Park. Killian laid down the picnic blanket and Emma laid out the blanket for the two babies to play on. Killian played with his nephew while Emma held Hope in her hands and kissed her everywhere. Emma and Allison talked about what they want to do and plan on doing more family time together more often even when Allison goes back to work. Hope fussed and Emma changed her daughter diaper in front of her family, not around strangers. "Hope you have all cleaned sweetie." She picks up Hope and let her sleep on her chest while Allison nursed Connor. "Emma and Killian id you both need help with Hope whenever call me even when I am at work. I do work at Long Island Jewish Hospital."
"No way really?"
"Yes, I work in the emergency room."
"I will definitely call you if anything goes wrong. The only thing I know in the medical field is CPR."
"That is really good to know especially having a newborn."
"When are you going back to work?"
"September 6th. How about you Killian?"
"I go back on September 11th."
Emma gets worried. "Killian, you have to be careful on that day you know the terrorist attack and twin towers."
"Love, I know." He hugs his wife. "You are and Hope are not going to be alone love." He kisses Emma on the head and comforts her.
"Emma, what should we do for our combined birthday celebration?"
Emma smiles. "I still do not know. I never really celebrated my birthday."
"How should we do this? Should we celebrate our birthday on both days, celebrating together or celebrate both days?"
"I think we can celebrate your birthday on your day then we can have a sleepover at your house or mine and celebrate my birthday together. What do you think?"
"I like the idea, we can celebrate our own birthday on each day together and have a sleepover in between. I love it."
"Yes! Sister birthday sleepovers." They both laughed.
"Wow, I am still getting used to hearing you both laugh the same exact laugh at the same time." Emma and Allison laughed more. Emma and Allison loved watching their babies playing nearby each other, in Connor case he loved playing Hope even though she did not want to, Hope wanted a nap. For the rest of the summer, Emma and Allison spend a lot of time together with the babies and their husbands getting to know each other and their sister bond is getting closer every single time they see each other. Emma loved getting to know her family especially her little baby Hope who she loves so much and spoiling her with love and care.