1x09 pt.2

What Was Hope Doing In Your Dream?

     I Proceeded to make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when Hope released me and left to go change

     I Proceeded to make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when Hope released me and left to go change. Despite my little heart to heart with her, I needed something to eat.

     I did feel a lot better since my conversation with Hope. I knew that as soon as I revealed what happened in my nightmare my sister would not leave me alone about it. She asked before, when we were much younger, the same thing. Right after my father told me about my mother and what happened to her and my uncle Finn.

     Even as a seven-year-old, Hope had a better understanding of the world than most adults.

     Then and now, I never found myself scared. The Hollow? Yes. Greta Sienna's vampires? Yes. Lucien? Absolutely. Everything he ever did could make me scared of him, well not that much now because he's dead.

     I finished my sandwich and went back to my research, but I had been intercepted by Landon. The Kirby boy found something. He also brought it upon himself to look for information on the Night Hag. But what he had to say had nothing to do with the malevolent spirit.

     "Let's pretend for a second that the research isn't wrong," Landon exclaimed as he led Hope, Alaric and I into the library. "Maybe the Night Hag can't hurt us in real life. Maybe the Night Hag can't leave the astral plane to get ahold of the urn, so –maybe we're not dealing with a Night Hag."

     "Well, if it walks like a Night Hag and talks like a Night Hag, what else could it be?" Alaric questioned when they came to stop next to a table with several books placed on its surface.

     "That's exactly what I was wondering," Landon said. "So then I started going through all of these books, and boom." He pointed to where a book had been left open to a page.

     Hope and I moved around the table to take a look. An image of bats flying across a rocky landscape was shown on the left, while a passage of text covered the right.

     "Oneiroi?" I read the title.

     "What's an Oneiroi?" Hope asked, glancing up to their headmaster.

     "It's a black, winged, shapeshifting dream demon from Greek mythology," Alaric said and reached out to grab the book.

     Landon released a breathy chuckle. "Yeah, of course he knows what it is."

     I shrugged. "Kind of in his job description."

     "Why would one monster disguise itself as another monster?" Hope questioned. "The Oneiroi sounds freaky enough."