1x02 pt.2

Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn

     With pur plan semi-devised, Hope and I got ready to take on a dragon

     With pur plan semi-devised, Hope and I got ready to take on a dragon. The two of us were the strongest, and the most powerful among the group, so we were the obvious choice to take down the mythical creature. An added plus, Mikaelsons were not ones to back down from a challenge.

     What better challenge than an actual dragon?

     I waved toward the cellar doors and forced them to burst open. I sped out of the underground space, stopping short of the dragon to swat her back with an unseen force.

     Hope stopped next to me brother and watched the creature roll across the ground. "Didn't anyone ever tell you smoking's bad for you?" I voiced with the dagger held tightly in Hope's grasp.

She climbed up from the ground and rushed at us with orange eyes. The dragon reared back, before she sent a stream of fire from her mouth. It did not get the chance to reach us. Hope shot her arm out with the dagger between her fingers. Somehow, the blade stopped the flames mere inches from them and created an invisible barrier of protection.

     Out of nowhere, an object soared through the air and smacked the dragon on the side of the head. The flames ceased from her mouth as she stumbled back. Rafael appeared right after, breathing heavily from could only be seen as excitement.

     "Took you long enough," Hope exclaimed and lowered the dagger to her side.

     "Sorry, I couldn't find a rock," Rafael told us.

    "You couldn't find a rock, in a forest full of rocks?" I blinked.

Rafael ignored the comment and began to bounce on the balls of his feet. "Hope, alley-oop," he said, running forward to where the dragon regained her ground.

     Hope sighed and tossed the dagger to him. Rafael kicked off a wooden box in the overgrown grass, catching the weapon, before he plunged it into the dragon's chest. She gasped from the action, falling to the ground as her eyes closed. The dragon stayed there and failed to move again.

     Once we were sure the dragon would not regain consciousness, Rafael approached the body and knelt next to it to remove the dagger from its chest. He stood, moving back over to Hope.

"Promise kept," he stated and held out the weapon.

     Hope stared at him as she took the dagger back.

"You guys alright?" Alaric questioned when he emerged from the cellar. He walked over to us, glancing between the each of us. He then shifted his stare to the dragon still on the ground. "Let's give her a proper burial," he proposed and looked back to the teens. "See if you can find a shovel."