1x03

We're Being Punked, Pedro

Currently, I sat on the floor in the center of a classroom with the rest of my classmates

Currently, I sat on the floor in the center of a classroom with the rest of my classmates. We all formed a large circle, holding out our hands for the person next to them to take. I was next Hope, grasping her right hand in my left and another person's I do not know with my right, while Josie and Lizzie Saltzman were directly across from us.

     "Alright, gather together," Dorian voiced as he walked around the outside of their circle. "Chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch." He began to explain, until his eyes racked over the class. "Where's Penelope Park?" he asked.

Lizzie looked up to where Dorian had stopped behind her and her sister. "Um, lady cramps, Mr. Williams," she said in a soft tone.

     My eyes narrowed.

     Dorian made a face, before he cleared his throat. "Sorry I asked," he muttered and then continued with the lesson.

"This harmonious group makes for an uneven flow."

     Lizzie snorted from her seat, while Josie laughed at the wording.

 "Uh, oh. Who's in trouble with the headmaster?" Josie questioned when she saw the note.

     "Probably the people who started a rumble with people from the local high school," Hope said with a pointed look toward Lizzie.

     A massive fight had broken out between the rival teams during the charity, flag-football game. Another reason why I should have stayed instead of going along with my sister's idea.

     "Lizzie Saltzman, Josie Saltzman, Chase Mikaelson, and baby makes four. Off you go," Dorian stated and set his eyes on Hope.

     I groaned and pulled my hands out of Hope's and my classmate's. "Great. Now we're all screwed."

     _______

The four of us exited the classroom and were instructed to meet with the headmaster in the library. I trailed after the three girls, who seemed a lot more pissed about the situation than me. Alaric was angry.

     "This makes no sense, Dad. Why are we being punished?" Lizzie questioned her father as they moved further into the library.

     Alaric stepped up onto the raise platform that lined the bookshelves with the four of them trailing after him.

"Because, you started a brawl at a charity football game that risked exposing what we do here," he said as he swiped a few books from a shelf.

 "You weren't mad last night," Lizzie exclaimed right on his heels.

     "I was mad last night," Alaric corrected her. "My undying love for my daughters just happened to trump my rage." He stepped down the small set of stairs to place the books in his hands onto a cleared table. "I volunteered everyone in the game, so stop complaining. You're lucky that it's just community service and not actual jail time."