1x02

Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn

"No legacy is so rich as honesty." When Shakespeare wrote that, he obviously didn't know what I know about teenage boys. I mean, I know there are guys with integrity, who lead with truth. I've just never met any of them.

Hope and I are talking to Emma.

"I see you've decided to double down on your nihilism this morning."

"I'm trying to be rich with honesty."

"Start from the beginning, both of you" she looks at me and I cross my arms and slump into the chair.

"Of our short-lived but horrific romances with liars?" I say leaning forward.

"Of your decision to perform black magic on school grounds last night." I sigh.

"Maybe we could table this until I catch the guy I was trying to find by using black magic. Because the longer that Landon Kirby is out there, the greater the chance he tells people about this school and the kind of people we have hidden behind the gates."

"You know there's a beacon that alerts me when someone's using. You knew you would be caught."

"After I found Landon, but we lost the trail and now we're being interrogated. But go ahead, take your time. Nothing at stake here."

"Did anyone help you with the spell?" She asked looking at both of us.

"No. Can we go now?" I asked starting to stand up.

"Hope, Chase. You're students. This isn't your fight."

"Landon was inside the walls of this school because of me. He had access to the knife he stole because of me. We're at risk of exposure because of me. And you can tell me that I'm sublimating a lifetime of survivor's remorse, or whatever it says in my file here, but Chase and I are gonna help Dr. Saltzman find him." Hope said.

"And what happens when you do?"

"It should be said that Shakespeare wasn't completely clueless." I say walking out of the room I see Josie and Lizzie, I walk up to them.

"Hey girls" I greet them, they looked at me and smiled.

"Hey Chase" they both said, then continued their conversation.

"He had plenty of advice about how to handle betrayal. My personal favorite: "Think, therefore, on revenge and cease to weep. " Let's hit the dining hall and carb load. It's game day."