1x16

There's Always A Loophole

_________A/NDecided to skip one episode because I couldn't figure out how to fit Chase into it

_________
A/N
Decided to skip one episode because I couldn't figure out how to fit Chase into it. Sorry
___________

After Hope and I discovered what happened to Landon, we were in a rush to save him from Triad. We had no idea what the secret corporation wanted with the Kirby boy, but we needed to get to him before they could complete their intended task.

I threw a few articles of clothing and necessities into a duffle bag for the journey to Fort Valley, Georgia. I did not know how long we would be gone, considering the last trip we took to save Landon spanned three days. We also encountered strange, secret agents and a literal Mer-Man.

Not what we expected when we first set out. I doubted that time around would be much easier.

I sought out Hope and Rafael, while the rest of the Save Landon Squad, their new name for the time being, got themselves around. Alaric told me about the trouble Rafael started to have after his premature transformation on the full moon. Apparently, the Crescent Wolf elixir did little to help his split mind. So, his wolf and human sides began to fight each other.

As if we did not have enough to worry about.

I found them in the common rooms. Hope had her bag thrown over her shoulder, while Rafael walked at her side. I went to greet them, but I paused at the sight of Rafs eyes. They flashed gold, before they faded to brown.

"Hey," I voiced when I got closer. "Are you alright?" I questioned the Waithe boy.

Rafael squeezed his eyes together in slow blinks. "Uh - my mind still won't settle down." He sighed and faced us as we continued toward the front entrance of the school. "Look, I'm sorry, but I can't join the fight."

I waved him off. "It's fine."

Hope nodded. "Don't worry. We're not going alone," she said and pointed down the hallway. "Our squad answered the Bat-signal."

I turned to see Josie, Kaleb, and Jed make their way toward us. Although I still had some issues with Josie, I would have to set them aside to help Landon. I looked to the side when Lizzie climbed the two stairs in the uneven floors. I cringed when the twins locked eyes. I knew that I forgot something.

"She's coming?" Josie and Lizzie asked at the same time.

"We need all the help we can get, so please, put your twin war on pause," Hope told them with pointed looks aimed at each of them.

Rafael's brows furrowed as he asked, "why's he going?" He gestured to Jed. "He hates Landon."

Jed sighed and faced Rafael. "Look, you're the Alpha. If Landon's your pack, that makes him ours."