1x10

There's A World Where Your Dreams Come True

(The middle will be in 3rd person)

"You sure it glowed again?" Hope questioned from her seat in front of Alaric's desk.

The man himself stood behind it and prepped a crossbow. "I sleep with the damn thing under my pillow. It's hard to miss." He aimed the weapon to correct its balance.

I sat on the couch. "I still think you should put the thing somewhere a little more secure."

Alaric sighed. "Yeah, well, until we figure out what that is, it stays where it is."

"What do you think it's gonna be this time?" Hope asked, looking up from where she polished one of Alaric's other weapons. "Hmm? Cyclops? Slender Man? Santa?"

Alaric chuckled. "Well, given our luck, I think it's safe to rule out Ol' Saint Nick."

"I don't know. I mean, Santa Claus is kind of terrifying when you think about it," Hope stated and placed the weapon on the desk. "Breaks into your home. He sees you when you're sleeping. Not to mention, judgey."

I nodded and pointed to Hope. "She's got a point."

"Hope, Chase, I need you two to focus," Alaric chastised, setting down his crossbow to move around the desk.

"Look, I'm trying," Hope said with a sigh. "I just wish that Satan's nightlight would give us some rest."

"Yeah. And I wish that knife was never in out school to begin with, but it's not like we can change that now. All we can do is make sure we're not blindsided by another monster waltzing through our doors."

Just then, the double doors of his office swung open. Josie and Lizzie were at the threshold with their luggage at their sides.

"Too late," Hope muttered.

I pursed my lips. "Not exactly monsters, but close."

"Oh, God," Alaric exclaimed at the sight of daughters. "Uh, girls. What are you doing here? You're not supposed to get in until tonight."

"Mom was able to get us direct into Dulles. Then faxed, texted, and emailed you our revised itinerary," Lizzie grumbled in pure irritation.

"I am so sorry," Alaric apologized. "It's - it's chaos around here."

"It's okay, Dad," Josie jumped in her altercation stopping ways with a smile. "We know that you're overwhelmed. But, Europe was amazing. And seeing Mom was really good..."