1x04 pt.2

Hope Is Not The Goal

    "Yeah. Yeah. Yes, I am." He chuckled. "You believe me, right?" Landon looked at Hope and me for us to at least defend him and believe him that he couldn't be at fault at hand. When silence was his answer, he begun to wonder why he was sticking around with the group. "Got it. Say no more."

   As Landon had walked away, leaving the five to clean up the mess before it attracted anyone from outside of their group and their undercover mission. I had been cleaning my hands of the black goo which came out of Dana's mouth, as Lizzie was spraying the floor with a hose, MG cleaning his shoes and Hope cleaning her hands as she had helped her brother shove Dana into the glove compartment of the school bus.

   Kaleb had returned from his wonder around the High School, he only vanished because he didn't want to help clean up. I grimaced at the sight of the black substance. "Nasty." He commented when pointing towards where Dana's liquified body laid. "Yeah, so, um, I'm out of here. Little piece of advice, Landon could be in there right now eating fools. So, I'll holla."

   I scoffed at Kaleb as he strolled away from them who all frowned. Their mission was a dead end. "Come on, guys. If it's not Landon, then what else could it be?"

   MG eyed the comic page which he had torn from his comic book to clean the soul of his vans beofre his eyes landed on a familiar story causing his eyes to widen at the hunch he suddenly had about this particular monster. "Spider. A big spider. An Arachne, if you want to get specific."

   As Hope, me and Lizzie crowed around the page, the blonde couldn't help but roll her eyes. She thought of the possibility and there was no way she'd believe. "This is nerd porn, not real life." Lizzie commented.

   "So were dragons and gargoyles." MG countered back which caused Mason to raise a brow. "The writer bases her comics off of Greek lore. An Arachne was originally a beautiful woman who was cursed by a jealous god and turned into a giant spider. Uh, all it wants is to be human, so it wears the skin of its pretty to pass. Oh, my god. Its--its fangs are huge, so they could pass for a vampire bite." MG added to the ramble.

"And its bite liquefies its victims! Plus, I found a web in Dana's hair."

     "That would explain why it couldn't follow the knife out of town." Hope said, which made me slowly nod my head as I had my doubts on this hunch. "An SUV-sized insect can't exactly hitchhike unless it inhabits the body of someone."

   "Who?" I asked.

    "Sasha maybe?" MG guessed with a shrug, since no one had found the other girl who had gone missing alongside Dana.