T

At the Salvatore School, the end of the year means different things to different people. For some it's about reunions. To others it means saying goodbye. Summer is a time to set out on new adventures, see the world, to grow in ways you never imagined. Everyone moves on. Except for those who have nowhere to go, the ones like me, and Landon. Plus Josie is staying for Summer to.

-

--

--

Josie and I laid beside each other as Jo held a purple diamond so Lizzie was sitting at the foot of the bed. "Mom didn't tell you anything else about this thing?" Josie asked Lizzie who just says, "Only that it's called an Ascendant, and you and I made it with Aunt Bonnie when we were five." I then asked, "Does it have anything to do with the Merge?" Lizzie made a face. "I don't know. She's being cagey about it. I..." Lizzie disapeaed before appearing again, "Sorry. Mom almost busted me."

"You know, we can Facechat like normal people." Josie told her, "We aren't normal. And we need to keep our magic sharp over the summer." Lizzie told us making me smile, "So Liz, How is therapy going?" I asked my cousin, "Fine. There is this sexy Swedish guy whose session is after me on Tuesdays. I think he's Swedish. Maybe Polish. Anyway, it doesn't matter. He is hot and crazy, and the language barrier will make it impossible for us to communicate. Just how I like it." I smiled at her words. Typical Lizzie. "You should really work on that." Lizzie told her. "I'll add it to the list of broken pieces to glue together. What about you? Any hot summer dates?" Lizzie asked and I blushed, "Kaizer?" Lizzie said, "Dad's been, like, my life plus-one ever since he got the headmaster boot. I honestly think he's going through a midlife crisis." Josie said saving me. "Gross. Hair growth?" Lizzie asked, "Bushy." I answered. "Lady prospects?"

"Lacking." Josie told her, "Are you not having any fun at all? What about Wee Willie Winkle?" Lizzie asked us, "Landon's been keeping to himself mostly. He's always off with Raf" I told LIzzie, "So ditch it all and come to Europe." Lizzie told Josie, "I can't. I don't want to leave Dad alone. I'm honestly kind of worried he's gonna go out and buy a tiny red car." Josie told her twin. "I thought we were taking strides to be less codependent." Lizzie told her. "We are. But there's codependent and then there's leaving Dad with his alarming mustache growth."

"Oh, gross." Lizzie said making me laugh, "Yeah." Josie and I both said.

-----

I walked out to the Mill and smiled at Landon who sat on the dock. "Hey Lan."  I said and sat next to him. "Kai?" He asked turning to me. "Why are you here?" He asked and I chuckled, "No parents remember? Hayley and Klaus also died like 2 years ago." I told him shrugging and he nodded. "I'd say let's go for a road trip but you look pretty busy." I said eyeing him. "Raf should be here soon and we can go get some lunch." He told me and I shrugged again, "Alright."

After Raf came, and we got lunch, we sat on the dock as we watched the moon. "Remember when you told me that you'd support me no matter what crazy idea I had?" he asked and I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah why?" I asked. "I'm having these.. crazy dreams and hallucinations about this girl. I think someone else was with us when we closed the portal." Landon told me and I nodded. "Well what do you need to do." I asked, "I need you to help me kill myself."

--

I sat on the dock as I waited for Landon to surface. I reached a hand up to mess with my Mikaelson necklace. When he surfaced I smiled brightly as I jumped up and helped him to the wooden dock.

----

I waited tables in the Mystic Grill, and went over to a bunch of timberwolves. "Hi. I'm Kaizer." I said smiling at them. "What can I get you?" I asked them. they ordered before one tried to touch my ass. I spun around and grabbed his wrist. "Grow up." I snapped and threw his arm to the side.

I walked away as I walked up to Kilee, "Please tell me you can take table 9 for me." I begged. "Yeah, I got it." she said smiling and hugged me. "Take my table 4." she told me and I nodded. "Thank you." I said and handed her the ticket I wrote. I walked to table 4 where a boy was sitting. I smiled and said, "Hi, i'm Kaizer." The boy looked up and smiled, "Ethan." he told me and then told me his order.

By the end of the night, Ethan was my favorite table.

By the end of the week, he came back just about every night.

by the end of the month he became my favorite customer.

-

I sat in the grill on my day off as I studied my math. "It's summer break." I heard, "Shouldn't you be on.. i dont know a break?" I looked up and smiled at Ethan. "Should, but if I want in the classes I want, then.. summer school." I told him and closed my calc book as he slid in across from me.

"What school are you going to?" he asked me, "I'm transferring to Mystic Falls. My uncle is the new principle." I told him smiling.

"I go there to." he said smiling and placed a hand on mine, "Maybe we can hang out more." I blushed and nodded, "That'd be great."

--

I snuck into Lizzie and Josie's room and  found the box. I made a clone of it and set it back in place, as I stuck the real one in my bag. I closed the door behind me and took off towards my room. I closed my room door and slid down, as I unveiled the box, and gawked at the metal and glass of the ascendent.