D

"Tell me more about this dream you're having" Emma asked and I sighed

"Tell me more about this dream you're having" Emma asked and I sighed. "I wake up and it's pitch black. It's cold all around me. I call out but nobody answers until I feel something crawling on me." I said and scratched my arm. "Suddenly a light turns on and I'm covered in spiders while there's a huge one in front of me." I explained, "I screamed and then woke myself up." Emma nodded as she listened. "I don't know what's wrong with me Emma." I confessed and Emma smiled. "It's just a nightmare. It doesn't mean anything." I sighed and shook my head, "That's the thing though. It didn't feel like a nightmare."

The students have gathered in the grand hall, where Alaric and Sheriff Matt Donovan are standing at the podium to update them on recent events. "Given our recent influx of monsters, Sheriff Donovan and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention." Sheriff Donovan takes his place at the podium to address the students, "Like Dr. Saltzman was saying, local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night." Photos of Dana and Sasha are passed throughout the aisles of students

"Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha." He stepped aside as Alaric took over. "Thank you, Sheriff Donovan. Now, while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst. If Dana and Sasha happened to be found by monsters..." I yawned from lack of sleep and zoned out.

Hope bumped me and I jumped, "Now, I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools...Which, unfortunately, is necessary, given recent events. Now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells, because any information we can get will make a difference." Lizzie then stood up and we all look at her, "Well, I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day... because that is what heroes do." Lizzie turns around to face her father "So, I volunteer as tribute."

Hope rolls her eyes and mutters under her breath, clearly exasperated by Lizzie's dramatics
"She battles one gargoyle, and suddenly she's Mother Teresa..." I chuckled as Kaleb stands to his feet to volunteer "I'm in." MG then stood up. In a surprising turn of events, Hope stands to her feet to volunteer for the trip, "I'd like to help." I smiled oh what the hell. I stood up to "count me in."
——

"——