F

We all gathered in the grand hall for an assembly where Alaric, standing at the podium at the front of the room, addresses them while Emma stands to his right

We all gathered in the grand hall for an assembly where Alaric, standing at the podium at the front of the room, addresses them while Emma stands to his right. "Given recent events, some students have expressed concern that I am not allowing you to have a say in the decisions that affect your future... And I agree. If you are expected to abide by this school's policies, it's only fair that you have a voice in how those rules are made. So, I am forming an honor council. One vampire, one witch, and one werewolf—each elected by their peers, along with Emma, whose vote will represent the younger students.Now, I have to go off-campus. In the meantime, I expect you to make good decisions and to vote wisely. That's all. You're dismissed."

I yawned and nodded before turning and walking out of the Great Hall. I went back to my room and laid back on the bed ignoring everything around me. "I need your help." Hope said popping her head in breathless. "Whats up?" I asked leaning up. "I have to do Landon's 23andMe, You're helping." she said and I shrugged, "Sure."

--

Hope is sitting at Alaric's desk, while I sat on it, staring at a wooden stand full of test tubes, when the door opens. Landon appears in the doorway and looks shocked when he sees Hope waiting for him, addressing her with an incredulous tone of voice, "What are you doing here?"

Hope stands to her feet and maintains a neutral, emotionless expression, "Dr. Saltzman wanted me to help Kai administer your tests..." She looks down at the desk, where there is a file labeled "LANDON KIRBY" sitting next to the test tube stand, along with a rubber tourniquet and several syringes. "Starting with some weird mystical blood analysis."

Landon, appalled, immediately objects to this news, "No." He called out making me chuckle. Hope narrows her eyes at him in annoyance, "Excuse me?"

Landon emphatically reiterates his stance on this, "No! These tests determine whether or not I get to stay at the school, right?" He looked from Me to Hope and Hope begrudgingly nods to confirm this question, which only makes Landon more exasperated, "There's no way I'm putting my future in your hands. You're biased!"

Hope scoffs in frustration, "I'm not biased!" Hope exhales and shrugs "Besides, neither of us has a choice. Believe me, this is not how I would choose to spend my day, either." This statement seems to only prove Landon's argument "See? Biased."

Landon turns and walks toward the door, forcing Hope to convince him to stay "Landon—" She called out Landon stops and turns back to face Hope, whose expression is serious. "The last thing you told me was that you wanted to find answers about who or what you are. I want those answers, too. So, let's just get through this."

Landon looked at me and I smiled widely, "Besides im here. The big bad tribrid wont get you." I teased making Hope roll her eyes. Landon swallows anxiously but seems to agree to the test.

---

The whole time Hope and I are testing Landon to see if he has any supernatural powers, lets just say things don't look so well. She tied a handkerchief to a high tree branch and is watching Landon as he tries to jump and catch it. After a half-dozen tries, Landon begins to grunt from exertion as he tries and fails to grab the handkerchief, and Hope makes an unimpressed face when it becomes very clear that he has no superhuman agility to speak of.