E

The group has taken Dana to the picnic tables near the parking lot, where she's explaining what she remembers about the previous night. "We were on the way to graffiti that mill at your school. It was a harmless prank. But then, I got snatched. Next thing I remember, I woke up in a ditch."

Dana, clearly exhausted, takes a deep breath before she continues, turning her attention to Lizzie and I. "So, enjoy it while you can both of you—I'm sure I look like crap."

Dana reaches up with the intention of scratching the back of her neck, only for her hand to come upon the swollen and bruised site of her supposed vampire bite right under her right ear. She's immediately alarmed when she touches it

"Oh, my God! What is that?" She asked, "It's..." Hope started and Dana looks up at Hope, desperately seeking an answer, but when Hope is unable to think of a believable lie, she looks around for assistance. "Someone help me out here..."

"It's... the mother of all hickeys. You're fine, Dana. You're just a-a little slutty." I cover for Hope. Dana, offended, scoffs before she realizes where she is and what she's doing, "I don't even like any of you. I should be talking to the cops." Dana stands to her feet to walk away, only for Landon to awkwardly block her path, "I can't let you do that..."

Hope, realizing this is going to be a problem, raises her right hand in the air before closing it into a fist as she casts a sleeping spell, "Ad somnum." Landon, still feeling awkward, sidesteps away from Dana as she collapses to the ground. "I mean, she can't let you do that..." Lizzie, horrified, looks up at Kaleb.

"So you didn't kill her—you freaking turned her???" Lizzie snarked raising her voice. " Kaleb scoffs and immediately begins to defend himself. "Turned her? You think I want to sit and listen to that for all eternity?" Kaleb snarked, "Well, someone did, meaning that we have a transitioning vampire on our hands." Hope said, and gestures toward Dana's unconscious body to emphasize her point. "So what are we gonna do with her?" I asked

Landon is leading the rest of the crew back to the Salvatore School's bus, where he opens the back door so MG, who is carrying Dana's unconscious body, can set her inside of it. All the while, Landon shares his newly-learned knowledge of vampire lore to the others, who look exhausted.

"So, let me get this straight... Dana died with vampire blood in her system, so she came back to life, and now she's in transition, and she needs to feed or die...?" Landon asked, MG, who has just deposited Dana into the bus, nods happily in agreement, "Nailed it, bro. Easy decision, right?"

After a long moment, Kaleb finally speaks up, "All right, so we give her some human blood. It's that simple." Hope gives Kaleb a look. "Not everyone wants to be supernatural. Some people just want to be normal." Lizzie chimes in with feigned empathy and concern, "Dana's traumatized, you guys. This is a huge decision. Maybe we should give her a day or two..." Hope cuts her off, "She'll be dead in a day if she doesn't feed." Lizzie drops the nice-act and shrugs as though she's not mad about this potential ending.

"Oops. I suck at math." Lizzie said and I sighed. "You should tell her the truth. My guess is that she'd be psyched to be at a place like your school—I know I would." Landon said and I bit my lip. Kaleb looks past Landon to MG and frowns, clearly not thrilled with his stance on this issue. "You're awful quiet over there, MG." Kaleb called out, "I'm a feminist, bruh. I'm not gonna tell Dana what to do with her body." MG points toward Landon, who is leaning against the back door of the bus. "Landon's right."

We all nod in agreement and look over at Lizzie, who, knowing that this is the right thing to do, groans and rolls her eyes in response. "Ugh, fine. Okay. But, to be clear, she is not joining drill team." Lizzie said and I nodded agreeing.