L.

The annual talent show is today and I do my best every year to get out and avoid it

The annual talent show is today and I do my best every year to get out and avoid it. I sat at my vanity and turned to grab my makeup when I got zapped.

"OW!" I said dropping it grabbing my locket that warmed under my touch. "You okay KaiKai!" Hope asked perky. "Are you?" I asked chuckling, "You haven't called me KaiKai since we were 9" I said and she shrugged. "Have a great day avoiding the talent show!" She said and skipped out of the room. I shrugged it off and did my makeup.

I left our room and went to Emma as we had my counseling appointment. "Good Morning Kaizer." she said opening the door for  me. "Morning Emma." I said and went to my chair sitting down. We then got deep into everything.

"Aren't you glad Landon is back?" She asked and I gulped. "I am, hes been a friend since ever, but I cant help but feel like something bad is happening."
--
I started walking to find Landon and Raf when the PA came on, "If I could have your attention. Last night we were able to capture a monster here on the grounds. We have everything under control. But given this potential danger, it is with a heavy heart that I must postpone the talent show. Hopefully, we'll be able to reschedule this... unique event... at a later date. A much, much later date."

I smiled brightly as I walked up to RAf, Landon, Hope, and the twins. "Did you hear the great news! Lets celebrate!" I called out "KaiKai hates the talent show." She told them before saying alloud. "Kind of overkill if you ask me. I told your dad that a unicorn barely counts as a monster."

-
I turned the corner seeing Raf. "Hey you." he said and walked next to me. "Hey! What Lan and Hope making out again?" I asked and he sighed, "Yep."  We walked up to healing class, "Hope got you to volunteer?" I asked chuckling, "Dont you have this class?" He asked me and I smirked. "I did it last month." I told him, "Have fun!" I called out walking away from him.

I walked past the twins room heading to mine, when I saw Lizzie punching a pillow. "Whatd that pillow do to you?" I joked and she ignored me. I shrugged and turned going to the library.

I sat down and got my books out to continue being ahead in my studies. "Kaizer!" I heard and looked up, "What?" I asked Hope. "The Unicorn was the host to many parasites that take over your brain." she told me and I taised an eyebrow. "You have to be shocked for it to come out." she said and I gasped, "Thats why I got shocked this morning remember! My locket shocked me." I told her and Dorian gave me a blacklight. "Lets go" I told Hope leaving my stuff there.

We went to the auditorium that was shifted into a stage. I forze seeing all the slug lines. "Great. So we just have to find a way to electrocute every student in the school - without killing them." Behind us Dorian called out, "If we don't, they're dead anyway. I'm gonna call Ric."

"My name is Rafael, and my talent is spoken word poetry." Landon sighed, "Oh, no. He promised he wouldn't do this again." The audiance stopped snapped as he started, "Stillness. A light breaks inside. Unity. And division. Tension." Hope then mumbled aloud, "Suddenly, I remember why I didn't want to be in the talent show." I chuckled as we watched Rafael. "All these wolves staring at me, waiting for the answer. Expectation is a cancer. Oh, you can't, sir? Then who will? Two brothers brought up together. Then one's left behind because he's no longer needed. Violence inside of me. Inside, I'm, I'm bleeding."

"What's he talking about?" I asked Landon but he didnt answer. "And I can't believe what I'm feeling, since the moment you danced with me. Buried so deep, rising up, enchanting me. And it won't go away. And I was never jealous of anything that you had until today. And why is that artifact here? Monsters coming, people running. Ask for answers, always nothing. I say we get rid of it." They all turned to us from the audience. "So they're all infected?" Hope asked, "Okay. Yeah, I'm not gonna wait around to find out." I said as we all rushed out. I took magic from my locket and did some hand movements as I said, "Vessera portus." Which closed and sealed the doors. Hope then said, "That should hold the pod people in for now. Let's go."

"I have to get something from the room it can help." I said and Dorian nodded as I took off towards my room. I entered and went to the box under my bed that read 'KAIKAI' I opened it and took out a pouch an old with gave me in new orleans.

I ran back to see Emma and Alaric standing with Dorian. "Whatcha got Kai?" Dorian asked and I held up the bag. "Aximander Dust, it was favored by the witches of the Roman Empire. It conducts electricity through anything it touches. Think of it as chain lightning. All you need is a spark." I said and Dorian smiled, "Perfect."

Landon was spreading it from the vent and I put a line out before saying "Letrucio." The slugs screamed as they hit the ground and everyone was stepping on them yelling.

----

I complied and dressed for the talent show on one condition. I followed Josie and Lizzie into the dressing room, with my hair and makeup all done and my costume pressed and fresh. "All right, witches, grab a cane. I've got some new choreography." Lizzie said handing out canes to everyone else. "Thank God. I can't believe I actually wanted to sing." Josie said and I scoffed, "Oh, you're still singing." she turned to me then Lizzie as we smirked at her. "What?" she asked, "Those slugs revealed your uninhibited self. You really want to share the spotlight with the worst sister ever, Josie Saltzman?" Lizzie asked and I nodded, "Its the only way ill participate but Josette my dear cousin, The spotlight is officially yours."

I took my spot on stage next to Lizzie and she winked at me making me smirk. I ended up in the front corner as Hope cheered for me making me smile widely.

--
I walked in after my shower seeing Landon and Hope hugging and I smiled brightly, "You sang it didn't you?" I asked Landon who nodded. I groaned and walked over hugging them. "I love you guys." I said befor letting go and walking to my side of the room.