I groan at his comment. "Not you too." 

"What? Tell me I'm wrong?" He challenges, his eyes daring me to prove him wrong.

"You're not," I tell him. 

Vincent smiles smugly at my answer.

"You're lucky that Alec is not here. Or he would have pestered you nonstop." 

I nod my head at that. But then I realize that he isn't here.

Normally if he had nothing to do, he would be watching the telly.

"Where is he, anyway?" I ask.

"He went out to the mall. He said something about enhancing his handsome looks." Vincent frowns. "Whatever that means." 

I chuckle slightly.

Typical of Alec.

"I think it has something to do with that girl in his class." I nudge him with my elbow.

Vincent purses his lips in thought before replying. "You think?"

I scoff at his question. "Of course."

"Oh, and Nicolas is out with the other lads, Ethan and Bryson. I believe he went to take pictures of Toronto with them."

"Why aren't you out?" I ask him.

"Same reason as you." He turns to me and points to my essay.

That's when I notice the dark circles under his eyes. "You look tired."

He hums in response. "Just a tad bit. I stayed up until 1 something in the morning to finish a project for a class."

"Go get some sleep, mate." I pat his arm slightly urging him to go take a nap.

"Do you just want to kick me out so that you can think about that girl of yours." He jokes.

I roll my eyes at his comment, but nonetheless, I answer. "She's not my girl, Vince."

"Oh, pardon me. I meant your princess."

I don't correct him on the second part because for some reason I liked hearing him say that. And Vincent seems to notice that as he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Rose, oh Rose." He sings loudly as he walks away and I end up throwing a pillow at him, but he dodges it as he laughs.

Shaking my head at his foolishness, I move the laptop to my side as I stand up to pick up the pillow I threw at him.

Putting the pillow in its place, I take a seat and place the laptop on my lap.

But just as I'm about to get started, my phone rings.

Pulling it out from my pocket, I check the caller ID and my face instantly morphs into a smile.

It's dad.

"Hey, dad." I greet him.

"James! Son, how are you?" I hear his voice.