12. Protection and Care

Start from the beginning

***

Inside the plane, Shivaay was busy in his work. Much to her dismay, he brought his laptop to work on it. And there, she couldn't bring her own phone to work

She wanted to ask him if he had a service here. If so, how? However, when she found him engrossed in his work such that he would ignore his bored wife, she decided against it. She would rather sleep.

Shivaay found himself a bit drowsy at last. He glanced at Annika by his side. She was sleeping. He sighed. He should sleep too.

He stood up and kept his laptop in a bag inside the mini compartment on the upper side. He took his seat beside Annika once again. Closing his eyes, he tried to sleep.

***

Annika woke up after a while. She yawned and opened her eyes bit by bit to adjust to the lights. She hated the lights inside the planes. At times, they would reflect directly on your face. She disliked it.

Stretching her hands a bit, she felt lightweight on her left shoulder. She turned to find Shivaay's head rested on her left shoulder blade. Her heart thumped loudly against her chest yet again. She cursed herself in the inside. She failed to understand what about this man would cause her to be attracted to him. Initially, she knew it was a physical attraction. She has had crushes in the past, but none lasted this long. Moreover, she never paid this level of attention to any of her crushes or their behavior either as she did in Shivaay's case. She was a smart girl to know that they wouldn't last long. The fact that Shivaay was her husband clearly didn't help at all. Her heart was giving her permission to fall for her 'crush' this time.

She focussed on the fact that his head rested on her shoulder. Should she wake him up? She did not. He had been attending calls and files all day long. Even during the initial hours of this flight, he had been working. Sure, he needed to lay in bed and get a nice long sleep. But as of now, opportunities were limited and she wanted to provide him with as much comfort as possible.

***

Fifteen minutes prior to their landing on Crete, the announcement of landing broke Shivaay's sleep. He stretched his neck a bit and opened his eyes slowly to adjust to the light. He felt something soft against his head. Moving up, he recognized it to be someone rather than something.

Not someone, it was his wife, Annika.

"Annika," he called her in his drowsy voice. Annika learned that Shivaay was awake.

"You are awake," she exclaimed.

"Yes, I fell asleep. Anyway, thanks for that" he spoke.

"It's okay. That was nothing."

Another announcement made its way to their ears. The plane was about to land. Annika and Shivaay put on their belts. Shivaay used facial tissue to wipe his face. Annika could easily tell that he was tired and needed more sleep.

However, she failed to understand if she could impose her rights on him as his wife and ask him to get more sleep once they reach rather than working.

***

It was past midnight in Greece when they reached the hotel they were staying in. Shivaay sent Annika to go and open the room they were to stay in and stayed behind himself. Annika was hell tired and had no energy to expend her brain thinking about why he would do it.

So she left when he asked her to. As soon as she did, he followed someone.

***