It didn't take long before the strangers were walking out. They didn't look happy, they looked like a mixture of worry and sadness. Normally this would the part where Brady would say hi and probably a hundred words at once. But he watched in silence as they made their way out, slowly closing the door behind them.
The mystery that was Jade only got deeper.

_________________

The days went by after that, as they always would. Except this time they were different for Jade. He couldn't go on as he normally did, not with the way Met and Sean kept pestering him.

They were the embodiment of what he disliked the most, lovers who got attached.

Relentlessly so, he heard from them every single day, sometimes out of the blue, They were so persistent. All up in his business, they didn't for one day stop checking up on him, and it was always out of no where, always unexpected. Sometimes Met would come without Sean, and most times they were there together.

And sometimes they'd text him, at different times, but they always did. He never replied, but they always did. They apologized if they couldn't make it as if Jade had asked. As if he was dying to see them.

'hey i'm coming over'

And before Jade could escape, either Sean or Met would be there.

'sorry i'm running a little late today, but i'll definitely see you'

And they definitely did. Then Jade did something that surprised even himself. He called Sean.

"What do you guys want from me? How difficult can it be, to just stay away?" Jade asked immediately he picked up.

The goal had been to ignore them and eventually their madness would die out. But they proved his thoughts wrong with their undying diligence. Never once did he allow himself to imagine what if. He didn't want to know and he really needed to do away with this.

"It's not difficult, it's impossible. We might not mean anything to you, but you mean a lot to us, more than you can imagine."

"Then I suggest you get over it, because that's how it's always going to be, I'm never going to care about you guys."

There was some silence on the other side before Sean spoke and Jade thought he had finally struck a nerve.

"It still won't change the fact that we care about you."

Jade didn't reply, he hung up immediately and sighed. There was nothing he could do. It wasn't like they were not giving him space to breathe, he had plenty. It was how they threatened to disorganize the perfectly peaceful world he had created for himself.

No one had ever even come close.

______________

Jade paced back and forth in his apartment, his mind in a jumble. He remembered the phone call he'd received just the same day. He'd ignored it just like Josh knew he would. And of course Josh wouldn't let it go, he'd sent a message instead.

'ignore me all you want but i'm coming over and you better be there'

It was a threat. With Josh, everything was a threat. And he always brought out the weak side of Jade.

What was it that he couldn't just have texted. Being in the same space with his brother was one of his worst nightmares. He hated it and found him utterly revolting.

The door bell rang and Jade flinched. He tried to ignore the moisture in his palms as he went to open the door.

"Jade, hey!" Josh tried to hug him but he moved out of the way, pretending he hadn't seen his attempt.