jackson.

"you better be careful!" he pouted as she led him through the hallway, her hands covering his eyes. she giggled and playfully kneed him on the back of the leg.

"we're almost there dummy," she replied, reaching in front of him with her foot to kick open the door. "close your eyes and stay here."

he sighed as he did as he was told, his feet tapping in anticipation. she ran into the middle of the room, carefully lighting the birthday cake candles as the boys stepped out from their hiding spots, posing in front and behind the cake.

"open them!" she shouted and as soon as he did, she along with the boys shouted the classic saying, giving jazz hands as they did. jackson's eyes filled with tears as he approached the table, laughing at the picture of him they had put on the cake. y/n smiled, putting a hand on his shoulder as she leaned up to his ear. "happy birthday baby."

she pressed a kiss to his temple and he gave her a teary smile as he turned his face towards hers, pressing a chaste peck against her lips.

"thank you," he murmured against them before turning back to the boys, laughing along to their jokes. she smiled as mark elbowed her, a laugh escaping his and her lips as he did so.

"he looks so happy," he sighed, smiling at the way his best friend shoved a piece of cake in his mouth. "you did well y/n. thank you for this."

she smiled at the way jackson licked his fingers and the area around his lips.

"he does, doesn't he?" she chuckled, looking down to her feet. "i'm glad. he hasn't been himself lately."

he nodded in agreement, crossing his arms as he kicked air around his feet.

"between team wang and got7, he's had a lot on his plate," he agreed. she nodded at that, biting the inside of her cheek before gesturing for him to follow her.

"we should get over there," she smiled. "come on."

they spent the rest of the evening laughing and playing games until eventually they all went home. y/n smiled against jackson's lips as he pushed her inside their shared apartment, laughing as he put both hands on either side of her face to deepen their kiss.

she giggled as they fell onto the couch, her arms wrapping around his shoulders as he smiled into the crook of her neck, leaving sloppy yet playful kisses in the area.

"alright, alright stud bucket," she giggled as she pushed him off of her so that he landed on the spot on the couch next to her. "or i guess i should say birthday boy."

he chuckled as he grabbed her hand, bouncing it around and pressing soft kisses against her knuckles. she giggled and scooted closer towards him, resting her head against his chest.

"jackson?" she peered up at him as he glanced down.

"hmm?"

"did you have fun today?" she asked, rubbing her thumbs across his knuckles. he smiled and nodded, ruffling her hair.

"the most fun i've had in months," he admitted, squirming around in his seat. she chuckled and leaned up, pressing a soft kiss against his jawline.

"you shouldn't work so hard you know," she muttered. "it's not healthy. everyone deserves to stop and have fun every once and awhile. including you."

he gave her a soft smile, pressing a soft peck against her temple.

"thank you," he murmured against her skin. "i'll try harder to do that."

"not too hard though," she scolded, gently smacking his shoulder. he chuckled and laughed, squeezing her shoulder.

"as you wish madame," he laughed, poking her side.

"hey!" she exclaimed, sitting back up and grabbing one of the couch pillows, hitting him over the head with it. "you're so mean!"

he chuckled as he grabbed a pillow and hit her shoulder, sticking his tongue out.

"i know what you are but what am i?"

they chased each other around the living room until they couldn't anymore, collapsing back onto the couch where they talked for hours and hours upon end. it eventually led to a long night in the bedroom, a special night for the both of them.

"happy birthday honey," she muttered against his naked chest. he rubbed the warm skin of her back with his thumb, smiling like an idiot up to the ceiling.

"thank you," he whispered. "i love you."