jaebeom.

jaebeom frustratingly swiped his hair away from his face as he tried to get his baby daughter to sleep once again, only for it come to no good use. his daughter continued to cry and kick the sides of her crib, almost as if she understood what "please go to sleep" meant and if she did, she was completely opposed to the idea of it.

he didn't know how his wife did it, in most cases she could touch her daughter on the head once and she'd be fast asleep, yet jaebeom tried absolutely everything and she refused to even close one eye.

y/n had woken up the second she felt her husband slide out of her arms and out of bed. she watched as he hurriedly stepped into his boxers before rushing out of their bedroom and towards the room of their crying child. she'd admit, the fact that he was so caring of their daughter warmed her heart. she knew he struggled a lot with her, for the child seemed to cling onto her more than him, but he still tried, and that was all she could ask for.

she slowly slipped out of bed herself, slipping her silk robe over her naked body before making her way out of their room and down the hallway to where the nursery was located and where jaebeom was, holding their crying daughter in his arms and doing everything he possibly could to shush her.

she leaned against the doorframe, her arms wrapped around her body as she smiled at the scene in front of her. she found it funny that he hadn't even noticed her presence yet, including the enjoyment she found in watching her husband try so desperately to put their daughter back to sleep.

he finally looked up towards the doorway to see his wife standing there, watching them. he mentally sighed, disappointed in himself for waking her when he wanted to do anything but. but since she was awake, he could use her help.

"c-can you help?" he softly asked her, hoping it was audible enough for her to hear. fortunately she did hear over the loud cries of their child and she slowly made her way towards them, looking down at the baby girl as jaebeom softly rocked her in her sleep.

"hi baby," she cooed down to the child, poking her nose. the baby still didn't stop crying, yet the cries did begin to die down. "can't sleep?"

the baby girl looked up at her with curious eyes, soft cries still escaping her small lips. jaebeom watched as his wife took the child out of his arms, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"do you want me to sing a lullaby?" she murmured, smiling down at the little girl as her cries died down almost completely, her little fingers reaching up to her mouth so that she could chew on them. y/n chuckled and nodded her head, taking that as an answer. "okay. but you have to be quiet baby."

she smiled over at jaebeom as he watched in pure amazement, not even sure how the baby was able to stop crying from a simple touch of her mother's hands.

"where the north wind meets the sea, there's a river full of memory. sleep, my darling, safe and sound, for in this river all is found," jaebeom's wife began to softly sing to their child, placing her down into the crib. the more she sang of the lullaby, the closer their daughter's eyes were to being closed and by the time she finished the song, their daughter was fast asleep.

she took one last look at their child before turning to jaebeom, chuckling softly at his expression of amazement.

"sometimes things like this takes some time for a newborn to get used to. she'll warm up to you eventually," she muttered to him as she grabbed his hand, reaching up to his lips to press a gentle peck to his lips. "come on, it's time for us to sleep now."

his eyes softened as his wife pulled him by the hand towards their bedroom. he didn't know how he became so lucky to have such a gentle, loving, and caring wife like her, but he knew everyday to thank his lucky stars for just her existence alone. he knew now that as her husband, it was his duty to protect her and cherish her as the gem she truly was, and he planned to do just that.