yugyeom.

"what do i have to do to make you see that he isn't worth your time?"

she looked down to her lap as she played with her fingers, taking a deep and shaky breath.

"yugyeom i-i can't just stand him up like this," she muttered. "he's still my boyfriend."

"yeah, your dick of a boyfriend," he mumbled, crossing his arms as he shook his head.

"listen, i get what he did was wrong, i'm well aware of that," she raised her voice. "but i don't need you breathing down my neck telling me what to do either."

he stayed silent, tapping his foot in annoyance as he chewed the inside of his cheek.

"so what?" he spat. "huh? you're just gonna stay with him after he abused you and cheated on you? huh?"

"of course i'm not going to stay with him," she spat back. "but i don't understand why you're acting like this."

"acting like what?"

"acting like my father or something."

he shook his head again.

"you don't understand y/n," he said lowly. "you'll never understand."

"well then tell me!" she yelled. "make me understand!"

he didn't say anything, yet he was so close to his breaking point.

"how do you expect me to understand when you won't even-"

"i'm acting like this because i like you y/n," he spoke through gritted teeth. she was taken aback, her words caught in her throat. "god, i've liked you for months now. but i had to keep my mouth shut because you decided to stay with a guy who can't even treat you right."

she was stunned. she wasn't expecting this at all. she didn't know what to do or say.

of course she's thought about dating yugyeom before, but never once did she think that he would ever confess to her.

"yugyeom-"

"just stop," he interrupted her, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees. "don't even say it. i know you don't feel the same way. i'm tired of hearing that."

she bit her lip, contemplating on whether to do what she was thinking about or not. she looked back over to him to see him looking down at his feet, his cheeks flushed red.

she decided to go with her heart, and stood up.

he quickly lifted his head to stare at her. she stood in place for a minute, causing even more tension to grow between them. in her head she knew what she was about to do, but in his head, he was thinking she was going to leave. he stood up and looked down at her, his eyes pleading her to stay.

"y/n, please i don't mean to make things awkward between us, i just-"

she interrupted him by wrapping her arms around his torso and burying her face in his chest, causing the words to hitch inside his mouth. she didn't say anything, all she did was hold him.

she'll admit it felt really nice to be holding him, it felt foreign, but she liked it. a lot.

she looked back up at him to see he was looking down at her, not knowing what to say. she smiled softly and put her hand on his cheek, rubbing it with her thumb.

"yugyeom, i may not ever know what i'm doing, but this, this, us, feels right," she spoke up. "i just hope i'm not making another stupid mistake."

at that, he wrapped his arms around her tightly, his warmth burning her skin.

"god y/n, what would i do without you?" he murmured under his breath. "you may make a lot of mistakes, but i can reassure you that i'll do everything in my power to make sure this isn't a mistake."

she smiled at that and hugged him tighter.

"all that's left for you to do is to break up with that douche."