jaebeom.

she tried to smile as he pulled her into his chest, his hand reaching up to the back of her head to press her face closer to him. she wrapped her arms around him as well, trying her hardest to keep the moment alive.

"i don't want to go," he sighed in her hair, his breath shaky. he was trying his hardest not to cry, he wanted to be strong for not only him, but for her as well.

tears made her eyes sting, and it took everything in her to keep them in their place. the last thing she wanted to do was to make the situation worse by crying.

"i don't want you to go either," she muttered, her voice shaky and he could tell. he raked his fingers through her hair, trying to keep the memory of the feeling going until it was time for him to go.

the two stood in silence, embracing each other with their heavy hearts. saying the two were sad was an understatement, they were both beyond devastated by this decision. yet, they both knew it had to be done.

"i have to go soon," he muttered into her hair before pulling away from their hug, gripping onto her shoulders. "please know i love you with all my heart. i'm doing this for you love. i have to do it for you."

the tears began to fall down her face for she couldn't hold them in any longer. he smiled weakly as he pressed a passionate kiss to her lips, his hands finding their way to her cheeks. she held onto his arms for dear life, not wanting this moment to end at all.

but the footsteps that echoed throughout the dark building signaled that the time had come. it had to be done.

they hesitantly pulled away, and she finally noticed the tears streaming down his face as he handed the cold, metal object into her small hand. she almost didn't feel him do it until he patted the hand, letting her know that it was time.

"jaebeom, i-i can't," she sobbed, looking down to the gun he had put in her hand. "there has to be another way. we can just run away together. please jaebeom, please don't make me do this."

he bit back a sob as he pressed a soft kiss to her forehead, caressing her cheek.

"y/n, please you have to understand," he muttered. "if they see there's no one here, we'll be running away for the rest of our lives. if they see my dead body, they won't know you were ever here, and you'll be able to live in peace."

"jaebeom," she shook her head, her throat becoming dry. "please."

he pecked her lips and nodded his head, dropping to his knees in front of her.

"it's okay," he reassured her, a small smile painting his face. "i'll be okay. you'll be okay."

she shook her head as the footsteps became louder and closer, their hearts both pounding.

"honey, you have to do it now," he said, grabbing her hand to point the gun to his forehead. "it's okay love. just do it. i love you."

her hand shook as she tried to bring herself to do it.

"y/n now!" he shouted, closing his eyes to brace himself for the end. "please."

she closed her eyes, not daring to look. 

"i love you too," she sobbed, biting her lip to keep herself quiet.

he smiled as she pulled the trigger, the loud bang and the thump of his body hitting the floor signaling that he was gone. she whimpered as she opened her eyes, seeing her love's lifeless body now laying on the floor, blood oozing out from his forehead.

she broke down as she took one last look at him before turning around and running out of the building, leaving the one true love of her life behind.

as she ran, she tried to think of happier thoughts surrounding him. at least now, he'll be up in paradise, watching over her and waiting for her arrival. she knew he'd be waiting, and although gone, he knew she'd wait for him too.

he's just in paradise, she thought. it'll be okay. she'll be okay. he'll be okay.