"Zasiok."

"Master."

Kian seemed to hesitate, his expression growing distressed before he bowed.

"Your Majesty, pardon my boldness, I would like to speak with Zasiok privately in my room." Kian's voice was clear and soothing.

The queen was alarmed. "Privately? You don't want any guards to accompany you at all?"

Kian shook his head.

"Are you mad, Kian? What if he hurts you--"

"I will not hurt my master." Zasiok interrupted.

The queen and Kian looked at him.

"I will not hurt my master in any way," he emphasized. "I swear upon my life."

The queen didn't appreciate his words, her face twisting as her voice held a hint of anger.

"How dare you--"

"It's only just for a moment, I'll be fine. Please, Your Majesty," Kian implored. "He is still holding the guest hostage as well."

The queen hesitated, before sighing in resignation, warning them.

"Be quick. If you do not finish your conversation within three minutes, I will send the guards into the room."

Just like that, Cecil was dragged around like a rag doll again.

Xue wanted to rush in, but Hana held him back with both of her hands, shaking her head desperately.

"Xue, please don't. Remember what I said about dragging Cecil in as well."

Xue clicked his tongue, the turbulence evident in his grey eyes.

The queen turned her attention to Hana and Xue. "I apologise, to the both of you, as well as your teacher," she wore a guilty look. "I truly, sincerely apologise."

"It's alright, Your Majesty." Hana made an awkward smile. "We do not blame you."

The queen glanced at Xue, who was looking at her, and she retreated a few steps back.

Xue was clearly blaming her, by the look on his face, and he certainly wasn't happy with her words.

Not even a single bit.

***

Cecil certainly didn't expect Kian to be fussing over an ex-bodyguard, who probably "murdered" the prince.

"They...really didn't spare you any mercy." Kian sighed, observing the pitiful state of his ex-bodyguard.

No one would be able to associate Zasiok with his previous, robust state.

"At least, I can still use my arms and my legs."

"It's a miracle you can even move about!" Kian exclaimed, staring at the lunchboxes Cecil was carrying. "It seems like the elixir really worked."

Cecil frowned, tilting her head. If it was an elixir, there would some herbal scent, but there wasn't any herbal smell present in the lunchboxes.

I assumed it was the protagonist's godly powers making him move like that, but it was actually a hidden elixir...

"You concealed the herbal scent from the elixir?" Cecil questioned, growing curious. "How is that possible?"

Cecil don't remember such an information in the novel. This information was only revealed because the plotline of Zasiok has been further developed.