Chapter 3

Micaì

It was currently Sunday and it was time to get up for church so I got out of bed and went straight into my bathroom.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth then I went in the shower.

After showering for 15 minutes I went in my room I dried off then I went and slipped on my underwear then I slipped on my black stockings then my tights.

Her dance outfit for today

After I was dressed I brushed my curly hair into a neat ponytail then I placed the remainder of my hair  in a bun with a gold ribbon around it.

I slipped on my slides and place my ballet shoes in my bag along with my scarf to place over my  leotard.

I also placed my flags in my bag and also stuff I would need then I went downstairs where dad and mom was dressed.

" Good morning " I said to my parents and siblings.

" Good morning baby girl " said mom .

" Why you have makeup on Caí " said dad ugh .

" Micah leave her alone let her be ok" said mom at least someone taking up for me .

" No honey she my daughter and I want that makeup off Marie use to do that all the time " he said. 

" Daddy please let me keep it on please " I said.

" Keithra go take it off now your not wearing it ok or I will take it off you have choice or I will " he said.

" Mommy please tell daddy that he can't be babying me I'm about to be fourteen" I said.

" She right babe she about to be fourteen" said mom.

" She thirteen and she shouldn't be wearing makeup go take it off now " he said.

"  You might've lost your first daughter but I lost my sister ,my best friend my protector " I said as he wiped the makeup off my face ugh my dad has a tendency of doing that ugh.

" Honey she didn't mean to say that" said mom .

" No she meant it I dont know how I have a rude daughter talking back to me " my dad said.

We all got in the car and sad drive off towards church and I knew for fact that daddy wasn't paying attention to me at all.

***
At Church

We were at church so I went in the dance room and I placed my scarf over me and fixed it.

Then I grabbed the flags and the scarfs we use to dance and i carried them to wear we normally sit then i went back in the room.

I changed into my ballet shoes and then  Alyssa and Rashan came inside the room I fixed their scarf on them then I tied a gold ribbon in their hair then we prayed that it will be a successful Sunday and that we will dance successfully to his honor and glory and I asked Hod for forgiveness for back talking my dad.

I was nervous and a bit emotional cause I hate how my dad is angry at me and I know he is mad at me so I am emotional and when I dance I hope I hold in my sadness.

We walked out the dance room and went to our seats we sit near the praise and worship team.

Church started filling up quickly with the members and soon we were getting started.

My Godfather Allison and Alyssa dad went up there he is a pastor as well for prayer so he went up and he started praying.

Then my Goddie went up and did the welcome then it was time for the praise and worship so we got the flags and scarf and position ourselves in front.

" Good morning church today is good day and I want you know that through the circumstances God is always there" said my dad.

*This is the first song he signing for praise and worship imagine him signing.*

We were using our flags and were dancing as the music flow then he smoothed it out and went into his song he created.

We switched out our flags and used the scarfs as he began singing and I just let the music flow with me as I was dancing.

Then daddy did two more songs then praise and worship was over it was now time for the offering so a deacon went up and did the offering then the bible reading was read by my mother.

Then it was time for us to dance so we went up and got in position.

As I started to dance my mind went on the argument i had with my dad.

After I finished dancing I ran off stage and in the dance room because i felt bad for arguing with my dad .

I was crying and on the floor crying i heard footsteps knowing it was Alyssa.

" Caì what happened after the song finished you just ran off stage " said Alyssa.

" Earlier this morning my dad and i had an argument and i felt bad i didn't mean to back talk him and part of the song was meaning me " I said.

" Its ok Godfather Micah knows you didn't mean it you was just overwhelmed dont beat yourself up " she said.

So we walked back in the sanctuary and I saw my dad he motioned me to come to where he was sitting.

So I went over there and I and he hugged me and kissed my forehead letting me know that he had forgave me for my outburst earlier.

I didn't want no one to see me so I buried my face he pulled me in his lap and I buried my face in his chest and I literally was happy eventhough I cried.

I eventually fell asleep from crying and didn't know that I was in the car sleeping I must have slept through the preaching.

I am just glad that I was back on my dad's good side and not his bad side at all.

******

Read

Share

Comment

Vote