Let's Meet Again! ❀ H. Kourai

Start from the beginning

"No." you replied firmly, to which Hinata simply sulked and continued searching for another shirt.

You were standing in front of a Vabo-chan collection, pondering which to buy for Natsu when you suddenly heard Kageyama's voice. Did he join us? Since when? 

You turned in the direction of the voice, spotting the tall male separating your brother and another boy almost the same height as Hinata. His hair looked like bird feathers, standing tall and high. 

You could see your brother glaring at the white-haired boy and he too, glaring back equally. 

Kageyama seemed to be talking with the other boy - did they know each other, you thought.

Walking over, you stood next to Hinata holding his arm back. You knew sometimes your brother could be a little feral and you definitely weren't going to take your chances today. Gripping him tightly, you silently looked at Kageyama. 

He seemed to have understood what you were telling him, gesturing to the other male.

"I attended the Youth Camp together with Hoshiumi-san,"

You grinned at Kageyama. "So you do have other friends," you smirked at him, earning yourself a ticked-off Kageyama badge. Hoshiumi snorted a little at your attack on Kageyama.

"Are they your teammates?"

"He is. She's his younger sister,"

"I'm Hinata (y/n) and this is my brother Shōyo," you gave Hinata a nudge, making him bow. "Sorry, he's a bit unfriendly to people he's just met," you giggled a little, making the white-haired male blush a little.

Hoshiumi strode up to Hinata. 

"What position do you play?"

"I'm a middle blocker." Hoshiumi narrowed his eyes in annoyance. 

As Hoshiumi continued to fire questions at your brother, you raised an eyebrow. It seemed that both Hoshiumi and your brother were somewhat similar with slight height inferiority. What you didn't realise was Hoshiumi sneaking a few glances your way.

Hoshiumi had to admit, he had never seen someone as pretty as you before. Your beauty was natural and innocent, something he liked in girls. Your (e/c)-coloured eyes complimented your slightly flushed cheeks. The way your eyes made little creases when your lips curled into a small smile.

You suddenly gave a choked laugh, gaining the attention of the boys. 

"Why are you laughing (y/n)?" Hinata squinted his eyes at you suspiciously. 

"What-? I didn't laugh," you turned away hoping Hinata wouldn't catch on. But he did. Curse them sibling telepathy skills.

"You're lying! I bet you were making fun of our heights, huhhhh?" 

Kageyama smirked at you. You were in for it. Not to mention, Hoshiumi looked very pissed at you, glaring similarly at you. 

"Haha..ha..." you awkwardly smiled, slowly backing away from the trio. "I'll catch you guys later!" you ran off leaving them behind. 

。・゚゚・ 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕡 ・゚゚・  。

Walking down the hallway, you quietly hummed to yourself in satisfaction. So far you hadn't bumped into your brother or Hoshiumi and you didn't plan to any time soon. Who knew what they would do to you if they found you?

As you turned the corner you bumped straight into someone, stumbling back a little before regaining your balance. Quickly bowing, you apologised profusely not realising who you had bumped into.

"Hinata-san?" 

"E-eh? Hoshiumi-san?" you gasped, looking up at the boy. You nervously fidgeted wondering what Hoshiumi was going to say. 

"A-are you okay?" he mumbled, looking a little to the side. The poor boy could feel his cheeks heating up at the sight of your innocent look. He could sense you were a little nervous of him and he desperately wanted that to change. He admired your courage and happy-go-lucky personality that he noticed when he previously talked to you. 

Deep down, he wanted to get to know you better.

"I'm fine, what about you?" you looked him up and down, checking for any injuries. It was totally not an excuse to check him out. 

"I saw your last game! You were so cool!" you suddenly interrupted the awkward silence. "Your jumps and attacks were very precise," you gushed. "I wish Shōyo would be as good as you,"

In his whole volleyball career, he had never once felt this way. He had many people complimenting his playstyle, yet he was always offended. He knew they only marvelled at him because of his short stature. However, you were different. He could feel the genuineness and awe from you. 

"T-thank you," he stuttered. "Um, Hinata-san?"

"Yes?" you tilted your head cutely.

"Can I have your number?" he shouted, bowing a full 90 degrees. Hoshiumi felt a surge of confidence. He didn't want to see your expression in case you rejected him, yet curious he peeked up slightly to see your face extremely red. Cute.

You could feel the stares from the people around you, whispering and giggling at the both of you. You hurriedly pushed Hoshiumi back up, embarrassed by his extreme formalities. Was he trying to court you? Is this the Edo Period?

"O-of course!" you squeaked, scrambling to find your phone. Passing your phone to him, he added his number.

Before you could say anything, Hoshiumi took your hand in his.

"I like you! Even if you don't like me now, I'm going to make you fall for me," he shouted proudly, tightly holding your hands in his. "By the end of this year, you're going to be mine!" 

You felt the heat in your cheeks rise at his straightforwardness. 

"H-h-hoshiumi-san, I think you're moving too fast!" you stammered. You barely even knew him, yet he already claimed to like you? What on earth was happening? 

"Oi, Hoshiumi practice is starting!" a faint voice could be heard, causing Hoshiumi to turn towards his teammate. 

Hoshiumi looked at you. "I need to go, but I promise we'll be seeing each other a lot more." Dropping your hand, he raced off leaving you baffled at what had just happened.

Unbeknownst to you and him, Hinata was hiding behind a wall silently cursing, emitting an eerie aura. Just who did he think he was to steal his little sister? Before he could run up to give Hoshiumi a piece of his mind, a pale hand grabbed his collar. Turning his head back, he saw Suguwara's cheeky grin. 

"Leave them be," Sugawara chuckled, watching the orange head struggling in his grip.

"I think they'll be a cute couple."

✼ 𝕖𝕟𝕕 ✼