(Haru Nanase) The Girl in the Rain

A/n: Pretty short oneshot but I'm contempt with it! Also, I will edit it a bit later so please don't mind the mistakes made.

A Rei oneshot coming up after this! Enjoy, readers!

Also (T/n) = town name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked along the sandy beach of my new town, Iwatobi. It was a nice place but I'm terribly homesick for (T/n). I glanced up at the sky and noticed the menacing grey of the clouds. Before I knew it, it started to rain, hard. I smiled as I threw my arms up into the air.

I always loved the rain.

I let the cool droplets wet my bare skin, as today happened to be a hot day. I twirled in the pouring ran, my (h/c) hair now sticking my neck. I giggled once last time as I wiped away some water from my eyes so I could see clearly.

I nearly jumped ten feet into the air when I realized I wasn't alone on that beach. The boy, about my age, stared at me with surprised, amazingly blue eyes. He held an umbrella. Smart, I wish I could've brought one. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," he told me in an genuine apologetic tone.

"No, it's ok. I didn't know you were there."

"Would you like to share the umbrella?" He offered, leaning the umbrella towards me.

I glanced down at my soaked body. "Mm, I'm already wet from head to toe but thank you for asking," I replied with a laugh.

"Oh," he uttered. He shuffled his feet a bit and then asked me, "Would you mind me asking you why you were just standing out in the rain?"

I shot him a warm smile. "I don't know. But I think it's because I like how the water feels on my skin," I told him. His lips tugged into a small grin. "Well, I better get going. It was nice meeting you... Uh--"

"Nanase Haruka... But you can just call me Haru," he answered.

"Nice to meet you, Haru-kun. I'm (L/n) (F/n). I'll see you around then?"

He nodded his head.

With that said, we parted ways. I grinned to myself as I thought of the ebony-haired boy. He sure was cute. Who knows? Maybe I'll see him at school tomorrow.

~*~Next Day~*~

I wasn't wrong.

"Class, please welcome our new student, (L/n) (F/n)." The class I was placed in said their hellos but all I could pay attention to was the dark haired boy with the dazzling blue eyes. He stared back at me intently, surely he remembers me. "You can go ahead and call me Miss Ama-chan and tell me anything that can be bothering you, alright (L/n)-kun?" The sweet brunette teacher told me with a sweet smile. I nodded my head at her in understanding. "Please go ahead and sit in any vacant seat."

Then, with my bag tightly strapped on my shoulder, I made my way to the empty desk in front of Haru. I turned in my seat to look at him. "Well, that's sooner than I thought," I quipped to him with a smile. "I guess we're going to be stuck being classmates, Haru-kun."

He shot me a small smile, a smile I've already grown to adore. "I guess so," he replied. He quickly introduced me to his best friend, Makoto, who turned to be the biggest sweetheart I have ever met. Surely, with these two guys as my friends, I'm going to end up liking Iwatobi.

...

It's been months since I first moved. I've grown to love the decent sized town. I ended up meeting the rest of Makoto and Haru's friends, who were all on the swim team. That's probably why Haru and I clicked so quickly when we first met that day. We both had the love for water. So, eventually, I joined the swim team as their co-manager because of this fact.