(Rin Matsuoka) The Past We Shared PART 1

A/n: I'm starting to feel that my Rin oneshots aren't as original anymore (∕ ∕•̥̥̥̥∕ω∕•̥̥̥̥∕) They all end up being that Rin's s/o was a friend from the past and they end up being together. This one is slightly different than the ones I have before, so hopefully it pleases you guys!

I decided this is going to be a two parter. I've written soooo much for this oneshot and I couldn't even fit everything I wanted. Snuffery, this is probably a lot more than what you were expecting but I guess I gotten inspired... whoops XD

Note: The words that are in bold are spoken in English! You'll see as you read on what I mean. Hopefully, it's not too confusing.

Alright, so either Kisumi or Part 2 next! Enjoy, my chickadees!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Class, we have a new transfer student, so please make him feel welcome to our junior high," our teacher told us, while giving a reassuring pat on the magenta-haired boy's shoulder. I gazed upon from my seat in the third row by the window, observing the new kid from head to toe.

I could tell from first glance that he was Japanese. And to confirm my guess, he introduced himself. "Hello, I am Rin Matsuoka. I may have girl name but I am a boy and I like sakura which are cherry blossoms in Japan."

"Hey, (F/n), he's Asian like you!" Mike, the boy who sat to the left of me, whispered over to me, a look of amusement on his face. {A/n: well, pretend you're Japanese? I guess it's just the mindset when reading most anime oneshots to imagine yourself as Japanese? It's weird pointing that out. Please continue and ignore my babbling} I glanced back at him with an obviously irritated expression. "What? Doesn't it feel good to not be the only Asian in the neighborhood now?"

"Shut up, Mike," I grumbled out, absolutely not taking any of his shit. I glimpsed up again and caught Rin's crimson gaze. He probably saw that I was just like him, someone that is undeniably out of place in this Australian school. I hung my head down to break the eye contact just as my cheeks pinked.

"Please go ahead and sit down in the empty seat behind Beth's, the one in the second row," the teacher informed him. I glanced over and saw he was just diagonal from me. Of course, maybe the teacher knew what he was doing for letting the Japenese boy sit there.

Rin gave the teacher a nod and went over to his seat. He gave me one final glance before sitting down, facing forward to the chalkboard. I gulped down as I pondered about the possibilities in front of me.

It'd be wrong if I didn't help him get adjusted, downright horrible. Seeing that I am, indeed, also a Japanese person in the foreign country and had been here for years, I would be his best bet to adapting to the new environment.

I slumped into my chair, my (e/c) eyes glued to the front, the despair suddenly washing over me. I've been with these kids for a couple years now, and if it wasn't for me being on the girls' basketball team and being able to socialize, I probably would still be seen as that one Asian girl in class and nothing else. My classmates have grown to get used to me, and my English has improved since I first moved to Australia.

For Rin? Him being a transfer student and having broken English, he will either be the new target for bullies or he will be isolated if he doesn't get out the funk. I would know and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

But, his cheery attitude and fresh look of determination on his face could be proof enough that my predictions might be wrong.

Soon enough, it was lunch time. As everyone got ready to go to the cafeteria, I was instantly stopped. Rin had approached me just as I was busy putting away my notebooks. I glanced up at him in surprise. "Hiya," I greeted him. "Rin, right?" He nodded his head, a small smile on his face. "I'm (F/n) (L/n)." I stuck out my hand out towards him. He gratefully took my hand in his. I jolted in surprise, as it felt like a shock the moment we touched. I gave him a grin to hide my initial bewilderment. "Welcome to our school, Rin."