(Rei Ryugazaki) Be a Little Obvious

A/n: Baby Rei is up! :3 Cutie patootie who's one of my best friend's bae. 

Also, I got inspired to type this oneshot by listening to My Soul, Your Beats by LIA from the anime Angel Beats. It's such a beautiful song and ever since I gotten it into my phone, I couldn't stop listening to it <3 If you haven't seen that anime, I HIGHLY recommend it, it's amazing!

Anyway, here's the next part :D I guess I kind of broke the streak of doing all the third years first, I guess? XD Oh well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why did I end up agreeing to this?

"You love me, right?" My brother's voice rang in my mind. I groaned to myself as I remembered our conversation two weeks ago.

Two weeks ago, my brother, (B/n), asked me if I could join his club for Samezuka's school festival. He was in band and his club and orchestra had merged together to perform a mini concert for the event. Why I was asked to join was to be their singer. Originally, they already had a singer from Samezuka but all of a sudden, he gotten into a tragic accident. (Don't worry, he's fine now but he's still hospitalized.)

They were desperate. Band and orchestra wanted to have an amazing concert for this year's festival and they needed a good singer, none of which they were. So, out of everyone's pleas, I ended up agreeing, which was a surprise to myself.

You see, my singing isn't something I would normally display out loud. I was reserved... I liked keeping my ability to myself. Although, I couldn't quite hide my supposed talent from my family because we live in the same house. And so, this fact about me had spread to (B/n)'s peers the moment they needed a replacement for their concert. I mean, could I really turn down eighty or so males on something they're passionate about?

I waited behind the curtained stage for my turn to sing. We were ten minutes into the concert and the musical group looked to be popular already. I could see the masses of people on the other side, even more were coming to stop by.

"We have a special guest here today and she will be singing a couple songs for you!" I heard (B/n) announce into the microphone. I sighed and ran my fingers on the (f/c) dress I wore to straighten out any wrinkles. "Have it up for my sister from Iwatobi High, (F/n)!" I nodded to myself for some confidence and strutted out onto the stage, my head held high and my strides as elegant as can be. I received a bit of an applause as I reached the microphone that was set up for me, catching me by surprise.

I motioned for the male at the piano to start. Once I heard the instrument playing, I quickly melted into the sweet tune. A smile spread along my lips as I let the music take me into a whole new world. Goodness, how beautiful.

Rei's POV

I can't believe I fell for Nagisa's trick so easily. But honestly, how did he get out of that costume so quickly? By my calculations... That should be impossible. I should've seen him in the act of changing. Unbelievable.

After Rin ran off after Nagisa to avenge me, I decided to go ahead and find the others to see how Nitori and Makoto have managed. Hopefully, none of them are out yet. I've ended up back to the strip where vendors sold their goods. I guess I can venture out a little bit more.

Mm? I hear music.

My legs took me to where I heard the melodic song. There was magnificent piano playing, a harmonious string group, an upbeat pound of drums, and most importantly, the angelic voice of a female. I was immediately entranced by the beautiful music, I must see this for my very eyes!