(Makoto Tachibana) Confessions

"Makoto-san..." The poor first-year shuffled her feet in a nervous manner before giving the tall, emerald-eyed swimmer the box of chocolate that she made personally. "Please accept these chocolates and my confession. I really like you Makoto-san and you're so nice and--"

"I'm sorry."

That was all it took. Those two words. Two words that a lot of admirers hate to hear from the boy they desperately desired. The girl didn't say anything else. She turned her heel and walked away down the hallway, surely with tears brimming her eyes.

"That's the third one this week," (F/n) mentally noted as she had watched the scene go down. She closed her locker and stalked off out of the school as it was now the end of the day.

The (h/c) haired girl pondered to herself as to why Makoto Tachibana doesn't accept anyone's confession. It was odd, she'll admit. Many beautiful girls have confessed to the captain of the swim team but they end up the same. Rejected. But Makoto does it so sweetly and sincerely that no girl can dare to be mad at him. "I know I wouldn't," she muttered under her breath.

It was saddening. (F/n) being a third year, she had knowledge of Makoto Tachibana before many of those admirers. She liked him herself... Maybe fallen in love with him but she didn't dare to look more into her feelings for him. Those girls only now have the confidence to confess because they knew Makoto was about to graduate. They wanted the last minute chance to be with the handsome swimmer. "I do too," (F/n) sighed. "If only I had the courage to talk to him."

She continued her walk until she made it to the familiar, rebuilt building. She walked inside was instantly greeted by Coach Sasabe. "Ohayo, Sasabe-san!" She greeted in her usual chipper mood.

"Ah, (F/n)! Hello, hello. I have some good news!" The blonde man bursted at the young girl, startling her with his sudden booming voice. "It'll only be temporary but we will have someone volunteering to make it easier for us! He'll stay until we find an official employee."

"That is great!" (F/n) cheered with a clap of her hands. "So who is he?"

"Oh, he should be coming soon. Go ahead and change. I'll introduce him to everyone once he gets here," Coach Sasabe told her. With a nod, she walked away to go change into her uniform.

Once in her official Iwatobi Swim Club Returns swimsuit, she entered the pool and greeted the few workers she had befriended. Suddenly, their boss caught their attention. He strolled into the room with that usual intimidating aura. The employees, (F/n) included, lined up in front of Coach Sasabe. "Everyone, we were lucky enough to have found someone volunteer for us until we find a full-time member. He's a good kid and a fantastic swimmer so welcome him with open hearts..."

"When did Coach Sasabe get so sappy?" One worker joked, earning a few snickers.

"Oi! I heard that Mizushima!" Coach Sasabe shouted, causing everyone to stop laughing. "Anyway, please welcome someone I had coached myself..." (F/n)'s brain clicked but before she could narrow down anyone, a figure walked into the room shyly. She inwardly gasped. "Everyone meet Makoto Tachibana. He'll be helping us temporarily."

Everyone shouted their hellos to the tall boy. "Wow, the new kid is really cute," Mizushima murmured over to (F/n) with a nudge to her arm. "Hey... Are you ok?" (F/n) looked at the older girl in confusion. The brunette girl pointed at her face. "You look a little red... Heyyy, don't tell me you're already in love with him!"

"We go to the same school, Mizushima-senpai. It's not like that!" She lied in a fluster. She touched her cheeks and felt how warm they were.

"Alright, everyone get to work!" Coach Sasabe yelled. "(F/n), please come here."