A Jax from the Past

Book? Check. Clothes? Check. Basic essentials? Check. My memories here? Sorry, but that has to stay. I told myself as I stuff as many items I can into my black suitcase. I was out in the field saying my final goodbyes to my favorite horse Charlie(get it?). I was grooming him, and talking to him about everything that was going on. I even told him about Shun. He may not be able to talk, but at least I knew he couldn't judge me. Any way, after an hour of talking to him, I finally got the guts to walk away. I was about to get back on the private jet, when someone grabs me by the torso and drags me away to where no one can see. I looked up and gasped in fear. It was my ex boyfriend Jax! Oh god, how did he know where I was?

"Magnolia, my love, where do you think you're going? Aren't you going to welcome me back from prison?" He smirked, putting his cigarette out on my arm. I inhaled. I hate when he does that! You see, Jax was my first love, and as soon as I learned the truth about him being abusive, I tried to leave him. However, that caused me to almost die. He held me captive, a rusty knife to my throat if I dared leave him. After a year, karma caught up with him. He was arrested for domestic violence and drug use. I hadn't seen him since.

"Jax leave me alone. Let me go before I get my father." I tried to push him away, but he's stronger than me.

"Hmph... Fine. But I'll be back for you." He pushed me roughly and walked away. On the way back to brawl city, I was having panic attacks. How did he know where I was? I cut off all contact with him when I broke up with him over the phone while he was on jail. The year of him abusing me scarred me. I lost sleep, I cried when someone tried to touch me the wrong way, I even tried to commit suicide by overdose. And I thought I put all that behind me. I can't wait to get back to Shun and tell him everything.

"Magnolia, who was that guy?" Zintora asked.

"That was Jax, my ex boyfriend. I don't wanna talk about it Zintora..." I sighed, staring at the floor. I didn't want her to see the tears streaming down my face. A few hours later, im getting welcomed back by the brawlers, and a tight embrace from Shun. To be honest, I was faking the laughs and the smiles. It was so real, even Shun didn't have a clue. Later that night, I'm sitting in front of my beautiful lit up vanity, braiding my hair, when I hear a knock on the door.

"Magnolia, it's Drago. May I come in?" Drago asked through the door. I let him in and sat back down, braiding my hair quietly.

"I can tell something is troubling you. And whatever it is, you can tell me. I promise I won't tell a soul. Magnolia, what happened while you were back home?" Drago perched on the mirror.

"Normally, I wouldn't tell anyone, not even my own parents, but I trust you Drago. You see....." I began explaining everything to him, and the whole time I was talking, he was listening to every word. I even showed him the burned out cigarette mark on my arm. Then, I sobbed. I couldn't take it. Just knowing that Jax knew my location has me freaked out.

"Drago....... He- he.... He tried to- hurt me again....... I- i- I thought-" I hyperventilated, barely getting a sentence out.

"Its alright. I'll talk to Dan privately and see if we can do something to try to protect you, if that's alright." Drago soothed. I just nodded, cause I knew my stuttering won't let me get even a simple word out.

"Magnolia! What's wrong? We heard you crying!" Runo and Julie came bursting in, hugging me. After I told them, Julie and Runo sat with me on my bed, telling me what a piece of shit Jax was.

"He sounds like a terrible human being." Tigrerra said.

"Who would want to hurt a sweet human being like you?" Gorem added.

"I have to tell Shun.." I took a deep breath.

"Mag, you probably don't want to hear this now, but while you were gone, I witnessed Alice and Shun talking. I even heard him kiss her. It turns out that Alice still have feelings for him, and he still loves her." Runo chuckled nervously. My heart stopped. What? He- still loves her? But what about us? That's does it. I stood up and banged on Shun's bedroom door, and he answered all sleepy eyed and shirtless. God he was hot. No! Focus!

"You bastard! I was gone for a few hours, and I come home to find out you not only confessed your feelings for Alice, but you kissed her as well?! What about us Shun?! Do you not recall you telling me that you loved me?!" I screamed, pushing him further into his room.

"Wait a second, Magnolia, how did you know about that?" His eyes widened. Yeah you bastard. I know.

"That's not important! We haven't been dating a week, and you already cheat on me for another! I loved you, and I thought you felt the same way!" I turned away, and there was Dan, Marucho, Julie, and Runo all standing there, all shocked. I guess they had heard everything.

"Shun, we're not meant to be together....... It's clear that Alice loves you more than I do, and you should be with her." I turned away, but I felt his gentle touch grab me and pull me to him.

"I'm so sorry....... I never meant for that to happen. I told Alice that I loved you more, and the kiss was supposed to be a simple peck, but she wanted more than that. I don't know why I didn't stop..... Magnolia....... Please forgive me...... I meant it when I told you I loved you...." He rubbed my back. Just the way he says my name just hurts me.

"I need to be alone......... I'm sorry Shun..." I pulled away, and walked to the garden.