21

VIRAT'S POV:

"So what time's the flight tomorrow?" Alisha asks me, coating her nails with red nail polish and frantically shaking her hands to dry it in my office cabin.

"Off the top of my head I think it's 3am."

"Whaaaat?" She almost spills her nail polish container but I catch it just in time.

"Careful, baby. And is the time not okay? I'm sure you don't have any plans at 3 in the morning anyway, unless they're with me of course." I wink.

"I hate early morning flights." She sighs. "They make me sick. We'll have to be at the airport by 12am and so leave the house at 11pm which means I have to start getting ready at 10pm and-"

"Woah hold up. There's no need to get up at 10pm for a 3am flight." I chuckle, admiring her cuteness as she plans so worriedly. The way her eyes expand as she expresses herself is something I can't help but fall in love with every time.

"Why not?" She asks.

"We'll be taking off at a private terminal. We're not going to the normal airport."

"Oh my god, you have your own private terminal!!?? Wait - that means...."

"We'll be flying in my private jet."

She gasps, her hands flying to her face and her cheeks getting squeezed, making me smile.

"I had an idea to make the logistics slightly easier. You've already packed haven't you? So in the evening let's go to your apartment from the office, pick up your bags and go to my penthouse. Then we'll rest for a bit before we leave for the flight. Is that okay?"

"Or I could just drive to the airport myself?" She laughs.

"Baby, there's no way you're driving so late. It's risky. And anyway, the personnel there needs to know you're with me or they won't allow your entry into the terminal."

"Okay fine." She does the Desi nod and I laugh.

💗

"Why don't you wait here? I'll go get my stuff." Alisha says hesitantly while she sees me getting out the car to enter her apartment with her.

"No I'll come too. This is the first time I'm coming to your house, welcome nahi karogi?" I wiggle my eyebrows at her.

She seems reluctant to let me in at the door.

"Why are you so unhappy with me coming into your house? If there's anything you don't want me to see lying around here I'll cover my eyes." I chuckle, expecting to see some girl things spread across her house.

"No it's not that. I-" she begins, and I take a step closer to her, moving her hair across her face slowly and stroking her neck to get her to relax. She felt tense.

"What is it, Al?"

"My house is kind of small." She says quietly.

I roll my eyes. "You're afraid I'll judge, aren't you?"

She looks away while fiddling with the bottom of her top. "Maybe..."

I hold onto her hands to stop her playing with the ends of her shirt and wrap an arm around her shoulder. "Don't be silly. You know I don't care about how big or small your house is. That doesn't mean anything."