5

"You lucky girl." Meghna looks at me with excited eyes as we sit in our usual cafe on Tuesday morning during our break.

I told her everything that happened, and how I made it so obvious I was eavesdropping on his conversation with his niece which I thought was his girlfriend.

"I'm so stupid sometimes, Megs." I sigh.

"Dude you-" Meghna shuts up and nudges me and I wonder what's wrong.

Just then I see Virat walk up to the till with a coffee in his hand and pays. He takes no notice of us, but as he turns around from the till, we make the most awkward eye contact as he walks off, stomping off in his Versace boots.

"Didn't even say hi." I roll my eyes. "See what I mean? He's such a d-" I trail off, as I realise what I'm about to say.

"Just say it honey. He's a dick right?" Meghna completes it for me, making me chuckle.

I nod.

"Any girl would give up everything to be in your position though." She says.

That secretly makes me feel better, but every time he came in front of me something just happened to me. It's like this bomb full of anxiety and stress hormones was set off every time he looked at me.

"You've only known him a day. Give it time and perhaps you'll discover a new side of him." She reaches out a hand as she realises I truly am extremely stressed.

💗

"How can this be possible? This is nonsensical." Virat slams the file onto the desk loudly.

"I've checked it multiple times Sir." I say quietly.

I had heard from people he was difficult to deal with, especially his anger - but today was something else. He was beyond simply scary - he was terrifying.

"I want this analyzed again. Properly. And be quick about it." He stabs the paper with his large finger and then points at me in a hurtful way.

"Yes sir." I mumble, taking the file slowly from the desk and walking to Vishal, my other co-worker's office, who was the head of accounts.

"Vishal - please check this again. Mr Kohli's saying it isn't working." I say, trying hard not to sound like I'd been shouted out.

"The heck? I've checked this one more than a dozen times. How can it be wrong?"

"I don't know. He's flipping out over there."

"I feel bad for you mate." He smiles sympathetically. "Being his PA is... something else."

"Thanks." I roll my eyes. "So are you checking this or not."

"Only for you." He winks. Vishal and I were nothing more than friends. He was gay, but acted really flirty will all the girls. But he really was gay.

"Alisha." He calls after me.

"Yeah?"

"Don't feel bad because of him."

I shake my head. "I'm better than that." I laugh.

Maybe I was a tad bit too confident when I said that. Vishal isn't entirely convinced either.