36

My eyes flickered open as I the sunlight shimmered onto my face through the thin light red curtains. I felt my heavy head lift up from Virat's chest; my safe space and I try and sit up.

I gasp as I feel a hand grab my wrist and pull me back.

I land on top of Virat who smirks at me, with his hands clutching my small wrists in his.

"Morning beautiful." He says softly, making me blush.

Before I can open my mouth, we hear a knock at the door.

I try and get myself up again but he remains stubborn and buckles me onto him.

"Let me open the door! I-" I say quietly.

"No." He refuses to let me go.

I try and forcibly pull myself off but I squeal as Virat and I rotate and this time he's on top of me, propping himself up on his hands either side of my head, carefully ensuring his weight isn't falling on me. His one sided smile still hasn't washed off his face and I giggle.

The knocking soon disappears as Virat's kisses seals my lips from saying anything. My fingers dissolve into his hair. Half an hour passes by as we simply cuddle in bed.

"You really should be going to your meeting now, Mr Kohli." I say to him, raising my eyebrows. "You'll be late otherwise."

"Who cares? They can wait." Virat says sitting up in bed, letting go off his blanket to leave his abs, as he watches me walk around the room in my night robe, going to get a towel to have a shower.

"Ye dekho - already 6 missed calls from the driver." I say, tossing him his phone and he catches it effortlessly.

"Urgh." He sighs and gets up, walking towards me as I pass him the towel, running his hand through his hair before he banged the bathroom door shut. I knew he had been having a rough time with all these back to back meetings but it just had to be done. We couldn't spend as much time as we would have liked to on this honeymoon in the past week but it's fine.

He came out a few minutes later with the droplets trickling down his chest, and the steam he had created ebbing out behind him. Meanwhile I was changing my top. He tickles me for a second on my bare stomach as he passes me on the way to the wardrobe, putting on his trousers and shirt. He looked exceptionally cute with his shirt buttons completely open, trying to button them up.

I giggle and walk over to him, doing his buttons for him and his eyes remain fixated on my hands as I do them.

"Can I pleaaaaseeee come with you?" I pout and say softly, with extra sweet puppy eyes.

Virat says like he's having a severe internal conflict and rolls his eyes. "You know I get distracted when you're around in the office. I won't be able to stop myself." He bites his lip as he presses his forehead against mine.

This time I roll my eyes. "How many days has it been since I have been to the office, Vee?"

"Like 3 weeks?" He shrugs. I stand there looking grumpy.

He grabs my forearm. "Fine. Just this once. When we get back to India you're going to work anyway though. I just wanted you to relax on this trip." He says gently, rubbing his knuckles against my jawline.

"I just want to spend time with you." I say, hugging him.

"Aight, let's get going then." He picks up the car keys and goes ahead, starting up his Lamborghini while I arrive in the car a few minutes later after I do some light makeup and slip into a pair of beige heels. As I sit in the passenger seat Virat is engrossed in his phone, on a meeting with someone so I shut the door as quietly as possible.