Chapter Twenty Two

I wake up tranquil and in a lovely place. With the man I love. So even if this hotel is average, and I have no new clothes to change into, and I have people who want me dead, I'm still okay for now. I lean into Roan and make my way on top of him. I have an idea on how to wake him up. I kiss his neck and bend down, scooting down to his hips. I gently take off his sweatpants and put his dick into my mouth. I lift the blanket off of me, allowing him to see what I'm doing. In just seconds he wakes up and lifts his body up in shock, as he presses his lips together, changing his expression into a relieving one. I suck on the parts he likes best, showing him I know what he likes more than anyone else ever could. I move my lips aggressively against him and when I make moaning sounds he becomes fired up. I take pleasure in pleasing him, I always have. I move my hand down to my pants and take them off. Putting my hand to my pussy, I start to finger myself. Roan finds this unexpected, as do I, but I become hot and lustful in the moment. As I keep my eyes open to enjoy the site of him watching me run my tongue and lips up and down his hardness, the pace of my hand against my clit becomes faster and I moan out as he spills his come down my throat and I orgasm at the taste of his orgasm. We finish together and he lifts me up on top of him. I put my arms around him and kiss his lips as he grabs my ass and playfully slaps it. "We have a lot of working to do today baby, you have to get off of me or we'll be in here for the next hour." "So?" I rub myself against his now clothed crotch. He groans. "Come on..."
"How much time do we have?" I ask. "Forty minutes before we officially have to be out of the house."
"I only need twenty." He smiles and flips me over.
Twenty Minutes Later... 
Roan's getting changed into the same clothes when there's a knock on the door. Reggie answers it and takes the stuff handed to him. He brings it into our room and he notices I cover myself with the blanket. "Don't worry love, nothing I haven't seen before." He winks before leaving the room. "Shut your fucking mouth Reggie!" Roan yells and I hear Reggie giggle like the immature bastard he is. I open the suitcase and see it's filled with me and Roan's clothes. There's a little note attached that says, "I knew you guys would need clothes. I'm attending to work, but I can't wait to see you.-David." It's so thoughtful how he always thinks of me in urgent times. The amount of love I hold for not one, but two men is incredible. I hear Reggie's loud British accent as I'm changing into a white tank top and jeans, and am concerned at the aggression in his tone. Now I wish his sweet giggle would come back.
"What's going on?" I ask Roan. "No idea. Let me get my pants on first."
After we're ready, we walk into the room and Reggie looks pissed. Reggie basically runs over and throws Roan into a wall. "What the fuck is wrong with you!?" He screams. "What the fuck are you talking about?!" Roan yells back. Reggie manages to easily put Roan in a chokehold, and I expect Roan to stay there, but the opposite happens when Roan flips Reggie over in front of him causing him to roughly land on his back. Roan gets on top of Reggie and says "I didn't do anything! I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about!" Reggie flips Roan over and chokes him even harder. "Don't lie to me!" Roan turns red and starts to suffocate when I get in the middle and work to rip Reggie off of him, but it's just not doing anything. He's going to kill Roan if I don't get him off. I run and get my gun from the other room, and point it to Reggie. He doesn't even notice I'm holding a gun to his head. I kick his stomach and whistle before saying,  "Oh! Get off of him or I'll have your brains on the floor in a second." Reggie realizes that I will not hesitate to hurt him if he goes as far as killing Roan, and gets off of him. The gun remains pointed at him. "Now sit down. Both of you!" I yell. They do as I say and I'm pleasantly surprised. "Okay. Since you two are acting like literal children, I'll treat you as so. Reggie, why don't you tell Roan what made you so upset?" Reggie huffs an angry scowl. "I don't think it's best if we discuss business in front of your bitch." Roan gets up to put a fist to Reggies face when I politely nudge him to sit back down. "His bitch? That's what I am? Oh okay." I take a gulp. "If I'm his bitch, why did I save your ass when you were getting attacked last night? If I'm his bitch, why do I have this gun that I earned? I'm no ones bitch. I'm no ones personal toy either. But best believe, if you are to ever hurt him or David, I will come after you and I will murder you." Roan smiles and nods at me, in the most respectful way possible. "So tell me Reggie, what made you so mad at Roan?"
I say, In a mocking voice. "I got a phone call from Dimitri Codes. Saying you set up the attack last night, and that it was for me. That's why you got Claire and yourself out of there."
"Roan, is that true?" I ask.
"No. David was there to. Why the fuck would I put my flesh and blood at risk?" He responds, and I could see the truth in his eyes. He's not lying. He didn't make that hit.
"Reggie, do you believe him?" I ask.
"No. That prick would betray me any chance he got."
I interrupt whatever Roan is about to say.
"With little respect, why the fuck would he do that to you if the only reason you're here is to protect me? Don't you think he would keep you safe so you could keep me safe? And on top of everything, you're the only friend and partner in this crime he's got. Let's be realistic here instead of nearly killing eachother, you fools." Reggie seems to calm down and actually take in and process what I just mentioned.
"Alright. You've got a good point. But why did he leave so soon then?"
Roan looks embarrassed when he replies to Reggies question, "because I took her to painting. Jesus fucking Christ man."
Reggie lets out a stupidly ridiculous laugh.
"Okay, he's telling the truth. He would never admit to painting; unless it was necessary. Ah, Roan the painter, it has a ring to it Smithy Boy."
Roan laughs. "Shut up you ignorant Prick." They do a weird kind of hand-hug thing and Roan asks "Bourbon?" "Hell yes." Reggie replies. They cheers with bourbon and I laugh at their children like behavior. Men aren't complicated at all. You treat them like children, they get there way. Simple as that.
I grab a couple of cherries and eat them quickly with a mimosa before heading out the door with Roan and Reggie. "Where are we going?" I ask while walking down stairs. "To a conference room located a little down the road. It's in the middle of no where, but there are guards protecting it any way. I don't run things how most mafia men do. And you have yet to experience this world baby. But today will explain a lot. You will also meet my men, the people that work primarily for me. Some of the closest trust worthy people to me." "Oh, I'm excited!" I say. "Excited to meet the most deadly men in the world?" "Yes! They're your friends, no?" "Some of them are close to me, but I don't call anyone a 'friend' except for Reggie." Roan replies. Reggie puts his hand to his heart and dramatically says "Ugh, I'm honored." They laugh it off and we begin the drive.
Arriving a couple of moments later...
We pull up to a little place, just as Roan had described and walk out of the car. Forgetting I have my gun on me, I tuck it in deeper, so no one sees me as a threat. Roan, Reggie and I walk in and Roan greets his men. Reggie seems familiar with some of them too. I choose for Roan to introduce me, since it's odd being surrounded by new territory. "This is Claire Stone. She's with me. You will be respectful towards her, and listen to what she has to say. She is part of this now, and will forever be. Anything you say to me, you say to her. Understood?" He says, strength and possession clear on his face. Wow. He really is a leader. They all agree with "Yes sir." "Now, who made that call to you Reggie?" Roan asks. "Dimitri Codes. He's one of my men, that I trust and know very well. However, since the invasion was done by one of my men, they seem to be following someone else's orders. I don't know how that is possible, especially considering they are one of mine, But they're doing it. We all know what happens when you betray a Mob Boss, but in this case we can't take them out yet. You boys know how long it took for me to build the team and respect I have. I have to find who they're working for, and take him down first." It's funny how he calls the men in this room "boys." Yet I understand it. Compared to Russian Mafia Boss, Reggie Richardson, they are boys. Especially Compared to Roan. The amount of power and strong demeanor this room holds is something I've never seen. Something I've never come encounter with. This is interesting. All of it.
"Alright. Donnie I want you to track where the call came from when Dimitri called Reggies phone, he was most likely at the location of the man behind all of this. Richard I want you to make a plan of how we're going to go about this, I want you to work with Conor talking about who else could be involved, and who looks suspicious. Mark, I want you to call Dimitri personally, slip him some information about where Claire and I may be, but don't actually give anything away. Send him to a wrong location, at 8pm sharp tonight. Cory, Jordan, Petrov, and Will, I want you armed and ready to shoot anyone who walks through the door of the wrong location. Mark, make sure to send him to the cabin on the east side, there will be nothing there but you three men. The rest of you will work in coming up with theories, but Albert and Joseph, you will make sure the operation goes down smoothly and there are no cops lurking the area at that time. As for Jameson and Lucas, you will stay here to make sure no odd people show up. This is no longer just about Mafia Business, this is about protecting my family. Am I clear on my orders?" This is more serious than I could have ever expected. Why does this world intrigue me yet terrify me all at the same time?
They all agree to the operation, but Mark asks "and who will protect Claire?" "Myself and Reggie. David is going to come to the hotel tonight as well, and guard the property. Very few people know about  The Hotel; more people know where we live. I will protect the people I love in this world. I will protect the people who work under my name.
Don't trust anyone, keep your guard up at all times, and remember; tonight isn't about The Mafia. It's about finding out who's betraying Reggie and I, and why my girl is the target of a manslaughter."
6pm.
We've been at the hotel for hours. Waiting to receive news that it's clear to come to the cabin. We are leaving at precisely 7:05 to make it there at sharply 8:00. At 8pm the Operation starts. But as for now, Donnie and Mark are trying to figure out where that call came from.
7:05pm
We get on the road at 7:05 sharp. Roan is driving, and I'm in the front seat since Reggie finally agreed to sit in the back.
"Claire"
"Yes?"
"What you see at the cabin may not be pretty."
"What do you mean?"
"If someone shows up there, this won't end well."
I put my hand on the one not resting on the steering wheel. "You're just protecting me, right?"
"Yes."
"Then I will take it lightly. And when this is all over, we can go back home."
"That's not how this works Claire. You can't take anything lightly. But I want you to know that I love you, and I will always protect you. Even if that makes me look like the bad guy."
I'm about to respond to his endearing words when I hear Reggie say "Pfh, you're both pathetic."
"You know, you don't have to be so annoying all the time Reggie." I say, jokingly.
"Yeah, but I choose to be."
"That pointing the gun at his head thing was insanely great today." Roan mentions, wicked smirk crossing his face.
"Yeah, about that, were you really gonna shoot me?"
"Well, I know how to shoot." I smile.
Roan and I laugh as we hear Reggie mumble in the back "This girl really thought she was going to kill me. Me, Russian mafia boss, Reggie Richardson. Insanity this is."
It's nice, having a little laugh before knowing what you're heading into is going to be a war zone.