Chapter Ten

A few moments later...
I walk out of the shower and dry off, changing into pajamas. This night was incredible, all of it. I got to see another side of Roan, something magical to witness. Roan's gone to bed in his room, and I'm okay with being alone in mine. I'm so thirsty and hungry though. Who knew how much you could sweat during sex. I make my way downstairs and grab pineapple and water from the fridge. Pouring myself water, I'm startled when I feel hands wrap around my waist from behind. David! I turn around and grab his face, kissing him. "Hi baby." He says through our lip lock. "I missed you. What have you done all day?" I ask. "Made some business deals, bought these." He says, pointing to the red roses on the table beside me. I love roses, I always have. "You smell good." I say, inhaling his natural cologne. "As do you beautiful." I stop our kissing and graze my hand over his jawline. It's so sharp, so perfectly shaped. His whole face is perfect, god definitely does have favorites. "How do you look so sexy even in these stupid things." He points to my fluffy pants. "They're comfortable!" He laughs. "Get out of this stupid suit, stop being so, polyester." I say. "Mhm, take me out of it." I unbutton his jacket, and see his see through white tucked in shirt. Fuck. I take his shirt off and touch his defined abs. He sits me up on the table and I lean back. He unbuckles his belt and sticks his erection out, sliding into me. He fucks me on the table tenderly yet fast and I dig my nails into his back. I grab onto his full butt, and squeeze. I've always been an ass girl. It's nice when men have something to grab onto. He flips me over and leans me up on the table, taking me from my pussy, but from behind. The sound of our bodies pounding together is thrilling and achieving. He groans as he pulls my hair and I scream his name into the air. When we're done, I put on my fluffy pants and tank top back on, as he loses his pants and I admire his boxers and shirtless self. "I'm starving." I admit. I go into the fridge and grab a bottle of orange juice, pancake batter and chocolate chips. "I'm making breakfast for a late night snack. Sit down." "Okay chef." He says, kissing my cheek and smirking. I get to work and make six pancakes. I serve the food and we sit down together. He puts the pancake in my mouth and I chew, it's heavenly. "How was your night?" He asks. "Amazing. I went out with Roan, we went to the charity ball, it was so much fun." "I'm glad you had a good time. What did you do about your mother?" Oh my god. "I completely forgot! I have a hundred thousand dollars in the bank!" "Oh." He says, laughing. "What?" "That's a lot of money waiting for you, you deserve it. Why don't you go get it?" "Let's go!" "Now?" He asks. "Yes!" "Claire, it's 1am." "I don't care, I'll drive. Bring the pancakes." I get up and throw a jacket on. "I'll be waiting in the car, go throw some clothes on!" I don't know if it's the adrenaline rushing through my veins, or just the excitement David brings me, but I'm so eager to have the money my dad left for me. I feel like everything my mother has put me through has been such a weight lifted off of me. I don't know what I'll do with the money, but I plan to spend it well and maturely. Maybe I'll look into saving it, or buying something valuable for myself, either way it's better with me than with my mother. I think I'm going to save it to go on vacation, or buy a future house. I'm acting like I know how to drive, but he doesn't need to know I only have my permit. We drive to the closest bank, eating pancakes along the way and I make the withdrawal. I have one hundred thousand dollars in my hands. We drive back to the house, and I see Roan awake. "Hello Ms.Stone." He says, greeting me. Ugh, he's being formal, again. "Hello, Mr.Smith." If he wants to play that game, I could play better. "Hello David." "Hey." "Okay, we'll just be on our way now." We go upstairs, into my room, and I put away the money. We lay down together, and I shut all the lights. I'm ready to fall asleep with David next to me. But just when everything is going good, David's phone rings and I hear Roan's ring at the same time. Both loud and alarming sounds. I turn the light on. "What's going on?" I ask. "Something serious, I have to go." David gets up and Roan bursts through the door. "UP. NOW." He yells. Him and David run through the front door and drive off into the night. What the hell is going on? I call David and Roan, but neither one of them pick up. Someone has to explain what the hell is going on. If I run out the door fast enough, I can get in my car and drive after them. With that thought, I follow the plan. A few miles ahead, I see the license plate. I speed up fast and am right behind them. I'm subtle, so they don't notice me. I follow them to a little weird ditch- alley like place and they meet up with another expensive car. They both get out of there cars and they all look like they hate each other. On one side stands Roan and David, on the other, four more men. Two of the men on the opposite side discuss something and then, out of nowhere, pull out a gun. Oh my god! What's happening? I decide to be realistic and stay back to watch. Roan raises his hands and walks up to them, bravely. "There's no need for that here. We all know that." He says, power and strength of steel in his voice. Another guy pulls out a knife. "Besides, you wouldn't want to fuck with us." Roan says, pulling out two guns, along with David right behind him. Woah woah woah, now I have to stop this. I jump out of the car, and Roan and David look shocked. "What the fuck?" They react, collectively. "Please don't shoot each other!" "Aww. Isn't that cute. Your girlfriend showed up to save the day." The man says. "Claire, get back in the car!" David screams. "No. What's going on?" The man on the opposite side laughs. "Oh, she doesn't know. That's hilarious! Of course she doesn't know, because if she did why would she be with you?" "Shut your fucking mouth." Roan demands. "Or what? You're not going to shoot me, not In front of her." I grab the gun from Roan's hands. "They might not shoot you, but I will." "Oh feisty, I like it." The other man says. I shoot the ground next to his foot and he jumps, startled. I hear David laugh behind me. "What the fuck are you laughing at?!" The man screams. He shoots in the direction of David and I run, shooting back. I shot him in the chest, but not before he shot me.
David's POV:
When she jumped in front of me, taking that shot, and killing the man putting my life in danger, that's when I knew. This business was made for her.