Chapter Eight

"You look stunning." He says, kissing me. "You look so goddamn handsome." Fumbles out of my mouth. He laughs at my strong remark. "Shall we go?" He asks. "Yes. Yes we shall." I smile. There's something different about him tonight. Like there's a magic in the air. He's much more open- kinder, even. We get into the limo, and I feel so nervous. Sweaty palms, nervous stomach, butterfly eyes, embracing legs, I want this man more than I've wanted anyone in my entire life. That is of course, besides David. In some way, I feel like I'm betraying him- being with his father. But they're both so different, so unique, I'm with two completely opposite men, yet have almost the same exact feeling. How I've gotten here is beyond me. "Would you like some champagne?" He asks. "Yes. Thank you." I sip the sweet drink and love it. "This is amazing." "Always the best for my love." "My Love" Such powerful words. I sit back and relax, kicking my uncomfortable heels off of my crammed feet. "How was your day?" I ask, trying to make good conversation. "Fine." He says, a stern serious look on his face. I huff at his response. "What?" He says, darting a stare my way. "You're always so serious." "I have to be." "No you don't 'have to be" I say, mocking him. "Yes, in order for everything to go smoothly I have to be." I throw my hands in the air, spilling some champagne. "I don't even know what you do for work. I know nothing about you- or David! Someone should let the woman staying in your house know what the fuck is going on." I plead. "When we decide to tell you, we will." "There is no we. There is Roan Smith, and there is David Smith. Tell me about you, that's all I care about right now." "I'm a businessman, I work hard, I fuck women, and I'm rich." Wow, what an arrogant comment. "So that's it? You fuck women constantly, and you also get off to the millions you have in the bank. That's what makes you happy?" "Yes." "Well fuck me then" I say, throwing the empty glass of champagne, and instead filling my hands with the bottle. I put it to my lips and gulp it down, eager to let go. "I intend to." He says, aggressively taking the bottle away and pressing his lips to mine. I push him off of me. "No. You're not going to distract me with those lips." "Why not?" He says, slipping his hands up my dress. "You know you want this Claire." He says, looking into my eyes. "Yes, yes I do." I say, pushing him against the seat. I climb onto his lap and wrap myself on him. This dress was made for me, the fabric so flexible. His hands narrow my waist, and I unbuckle his belt and pull down his pants halfway. "I need you out of these tiny panties." He says, removing them. He brings his mouth to my neck and I moan at the sensation of his tongue. "Do you know how fucking hot this is?" He groans. "Shh." I put my hand over his mouth. I'm still aware that there's only a tiny window separating us and the driver. I lower myself onto him and burst at the seams with fulfillment. I rock my hips against his hard cock, and he bites my hand. He fills me with all of him, and the part that's not in me, I rub with my hand. He takes the hand on my waist and puts it on my neck, choking me with it. The whole car is shaking due to our violent thrusting, but I couldn't care if I tried. I hear his moan through my hand and nearly explode. He grinds his pelvic muscle and I bite down on my lower lip, and grab onto his hair. "I'm not going to last very long." He says. "Neither am I." I admit. My ass tentatively moves with his erection and I swipe my tongue over his, our mouths twirling together in an erotic dance. We hold onto each other, longing for affection through our lust. We orgasm together, and I fall back onto the other side of the limo seat's. I'm breathless, and as I look over and see Roan, I fall into infatuation. His messy hair, rough hands, the motion of him fastening his pants back on, I'm addicted to all of it. I want more. I'll always want more. But I have a feeling he won't give that to me- not tonight, not ever. "Eager to talk about personality after that?" "No." I lie. I want to know him. Really know him. But the sex was so good, so passionate, so beautiful, that I'm okay. When we arrive to the location of the ball, I'm amazed by the design. It looks like a literal palace. There's golden lights surrounding it, beautiful decor of white and red roses, it's a dream. He helps me out of the car and I'm so refreshed as I take a deep breath of the crisp lovely air. We walk in, and am greeted by appetizers. I take a weird piece of the offering, and put it in my mouth. I chew and swallow, but am absolutely disgusted by the awful taste. "This is gross." I admit. "I know, the food here sucks. But after this, we could go get anything you want." "A burger." "What?" "I want a burger and fries." I laugh. "Then we'll get you just that." He says, kissing my forehead. It's a gentle and memorable action, something I adore so easily. Simplicity, the thing and definition I've fallen in love with. A couple walks up to Roan and I, and greets him. "Thank you so much for your kind donation Mr.Smith. Your kindness doesn't go un-noticed." He smiles and responds with "It was my pleasure. They deserve it." Then it hits me, this is a charity ball. "What grand gesture did you make with your money?" I ask. "Let's dance." He says. "Don't distract me, what did you donate to?" "The Saint Jude Children's cancer fund." Just like that, my heart melts. "Why?" "Because my mother had cancer, and through genetics she passed it on to my little sister. They both died when I was fifteen. I don't want anyone else to go through that alone- not ever. No one deserves that kind of pain, to go through it, and to watch your loved ones live through it, or die with it. I went through that, and I wished it was me. The entire time, I wish god had taken me. But I know why he didn't, because I went on to have David. And that was enough to keep me here." A single tear drops onto his cheek, and I wipe it away with my hand. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But you're not alone. My father died of cancer, I know what it's like. You're helping those kids, influencing them so greatly. Your mom and sister are proud of you, for so many reasons. You are a good man Roan Smith, even if you don't always let people believe it." My hand is still on his cheek, comforting him as much as I could. "You are an incredible woman Claire Stone. Thank You." He says, hugging me. Everyone is so formal here, but I just want to show my love for Roan. Show how much I care about him. "Now, really, I want to dance with you." He leads me to a dance floor, filled with hundreds of people. "I've Got You Under My Skin" by Frank Sinatra comes on, and I'm so blissfully content. The lyrics are fitting, and I know that how the song goes is how Me and Roan's relationship goes. "I've got you deep in the heart of me. So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me. I tried so hard not to give in. I said to myself this affair never will go so well. But why should I try to resist when, baby, I know so well, I've got you under my skin."
It's a perfectly fitting representation of us.
We stride to the song and I intertwine my right hand with his as he places his other on my waist. I love dancing elegantly. I'm an old soul. Sinatra playing makes me happy. When the music starts to pick up, he dips me and I put my leg on his back. He spins me outwards and I spin back in. "I would sacrifice everything for you." He says. "As I would you." We move our feet faster and our bodies are rhythmically in-sync. He removes his hand from mine and holds me up with one on my upper back, and one just above my butt. He dips me all around once more and I take in the soft wind hitting my face as my hair flows. "You're effortlessly breathtaking." He says, into my ear. I don't think about it, but I know what I'm doing when I say "I love you." I'm so surprised when he says "I love you." Back. I smile and put my head on his chest. So this- this is what love feels like. The song ends and we sit in our seats. "I have to make a speech tonight, you don't mind right?" He asks. "No, not at all! I'm happy that you invited me." There is a lot of talking, odd food, and even weirder people, but when they call the name Roan Smith I'm actually enjoying the experience. He gets up and walks onto the stage. "I made this donation because it's important. It's important to acknowledge the things we don't go through. The pain we don't feel. There are kids who haven't experienced a day of real life, that are going through it. And seventy five year old grandmothers who won't get to see there grandchildren grow up. All of it is worthy of donation and attention, and it's important we become a little less selfish and a little more selfless and help them, for trying to find a cure, and for trying to help people beat it. No person deserves to suffer an immense amount of pain, and if any healthy person can make some of the pain, emotional and physical, go away, we really have done our jobs as human beings. To give something, is the greatest success in this world. Coming from a guy who just told someone they were in love with them, when in there forty two years of living, they've just found out what love truly is." He looks to me. He loves me, I could see it in his gaze. "So, be kind people. It all pays off." He gets off the stage and people clap, including me. I'm so proud of him. Especially for being vulnerable. "That's all that really mattered for me, I've done my part. Now let's go get French Fries." He says, with a cheeky grin.