Script 13: Interaction

Juzira mumbled as his eyes slowly began to open. He found himself in a hospital bed, with almost blinding lights shining him. Beside Juzira was another person, who had just noticed that he was awake. The person placed down his bowl of cherries on a table to begin the conversation.

"Oh, you're finally awake," mumbled the person, "My name is Motza Rella. I'll be helping you out today."

"Where.. am I?" asked Juzira in confusion, feeling his head due to a little headache.

"You're in the hospital. I should know, I'm an intern here."

Upon closer inspection, Juzira noticed that Motza had a black afro and wore some oddly fashionable overalls, covered in colorful patterns. He paid no attention to Motza and looked around the room, noticing that his phone was by the table opposite to the seat Motza was sitting on.

"Say, you're Juzira Tonijo, right?" asked Motza curiously, trying to strike up a conversation.

Politely, Juzira replied, nudging closer to the other side of the bed, "Yeah. That's me."

"Yeah.. you go to the same school I do," said Motza, pointing his finger up to his chin, "You hang around with Julie Exodus, don't you?"

Juzira's ears perked and shifted his attention to Motza, "Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Julie and I are pretty damn close," smirked Motza in pride, waving his arms around in the air, "I could even be considered her boyfriend, you know? You ever lay a finger on her, and I'll make sure you pay!"

"Motza Rella.. ain't it..?" said Juzira as he shifted his attention back to his phone, nudging closer to it, "Yeah.. I've heard of you. Julie has only talked about you, like once. Says you're kinda creepy. Can't take a hint that she's not responding to your messages because she's blocked you."

"Stop bluffing," scoffed Motza, "Julie's totally into me. She's just busy with schoolwork, that's all! Once my Julie is ready, she'll respond back to me. I just know it!"

As Juzira lifted his hand and nudged his body closer to reach for his phone, he fell off of the bed onto to the ground. Juzira groaned in a little pain.

"Hey.. if you're trying to get something," said Motza as he stood up from his chair, walking over to assist Juzira, "It wouldn't hurt to ask. Just tell me and I'll fetch it. After all, I'm helping you out here just for today."

"Yeah, sure," mumbled Juzira as Motza lifted him atop his bed and handed him his phone.

As Motza sat back down, he grew suspicious, "Who you gonna call?"

"Julie," replied Juzira as he waited for her to pick up.

"That's whack, man," scoffed Motza once again, nervously leaning back in his chair, "Calling her to prove our love? That's just pathetic!"

"I'm calling to know what happened while I was out," mocked Juzira, "Just cool it already."

"It wouldn't matter much anyway," hummed Motza to a tune, "There's not much service in this hospital. You're going to have to use the landline phone out in the hallway."

"Just great," grumbled Juzira as he tried to get up from the bed.

"Woah, buddy," said Motza, picking up a cherry and eating it, "If it's not too important, it can wait. You need to rest up your body. An entire locker fell on you, you know?"

Juzira stared at Motza with a blank face.

"Hey, did you know I could do this?" asked Motza as he plucked the stem out of the cherry, putting it into his mouth.

Motza moved his mouth around for a few seconds, his eyes staring at the ceiling. For a moment, Juzira looked at him with a face of confusion. Finally, when Motza was finished, he stuck his tongue out to show that the cherry stem was tied into a knot!

"Pretty cool, huh?" asked Motza as he pinched the cherry stem out of his tongue and into the nearby trash, "It's a really neat party trick. Popular with the ladies too. I've been meaning to try out my tongue skills and action on Julie one of these days."

Juzira stared at Motza with a blank face.

"You're not too much of a conversationalist, are you?" asked Motza, bored by placing his arms behind his head, "Say, are you hungry or something? Care for a cherry?"

"I'm not into cherries, thanks," mumbled Juzira, slowly getting up once again, "Could I watch a show from the television at least?"

"Yeah, sure," said Motza as he stood up and looked around for the remote, "You see the remote somewhere?"

"No," replied Juzira skeptically, "Did you not have the remote control when you were here?"

"No, I was just eating cherries and playing some games on my phone," Motza replied back, looking for the remote and finding it underneath the cherry bowl, "They've got some addicting games in the mobile store, you know. There was this one time my entire gang raided a base. Really fills the needed dopamine you need in your brain."

Juzira stared at Motza with a blank face.

"Here, your remote," said Motza as he stuck his tongue out in an effort to lighten up the awkward atmosphere.

Juzira grabbed the remote and turned on the television, flipping through the channels in order to find something interesting. However, before he can land on a channel that he liked, the door knocked.

"You expecting someone?" asked Motza.

"I don't think so," mumbled Juzira, "Is it your boss or something?"

"No clue. He went on a break just a few minutes ago. I'd doubt the doctor would come here this early."

"Open it up, will ya?"

"Yeah, sure," said Motza as he stood up from his chair and went over to open the door.